You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 27/06/2023 at 14:16, Captain Willard said:

My allotment is coming along nicely in this weather. However it’s becoming less popular as a hobby and the number of empty plots is increasing. I haven’t had a neighbour for years now. 

IMG_1712.jpeg

So this is where you bury the bodies of the old women you murder…

On 16/04/2023 at 18:52, Section_31 said:

I am Alan Titsmarsh.

20230416_184339.jpg

These fell off after about six weeks, the fuck. So much for the comeback.

To recap. The apple tree fell and uprooted last year. I replanted it and gave it a splint, water etc. Some green leaves appeared this spring but only lasted about six weeks and it's now seemingly leafless again.

On 13/08/2023 at 23:12, TheHowieLama said:

I thought you were sitting in your garden with the breeze wafting through the trees.

I'm actually sitting on my outside area deck viewing brown sheep on the hill to my right

. (to me they look like a herd of buffalo's) I know, but that's where my head is). Stretched out ahead is the Bass Strait, plenty of breeze coming from there.

beef in padock.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 09/08/2023 at 15:26, Rushies tash said:

53104739909_69f0d9090f_c.jpg

Jersey Tiger Moth in my garden this afternoon. Used to be rare to see them away from the south coast, but have spread to West London seemingly.

That’s stunning

On 29/07/2023 at 17:18, Captain Willard said:

Purple dinner plate dahlia. The fertiliser container gives a sense of scale. It’s one enormous flower. 

IMG_1804.jpeg

That’s fabulous.

I’ve had no luck with my dahlias so far this year. 

My tomatoes however have not let me down

IMG_3411.jpeg

• Upvote 4

How about wildlife in the garden. As I've passed the 40 mark i've been enjoying the wildlife in the garden more and more.  Making my sarnie in the morning while squirrels are feeding, little birds attacking the fat balls and pigeons feasting on last weeks bread. I laugh at the field mice daring to venture out of the shadows and on to the grass while neighbours cats are patrolling the area.  Even had a sparrow hawk regularly parks its arse on my fence to try and catch the little buggers. last weeks uneaten sliced ham goes out for the foxes and an occasional visit from wild rabbits.

• Upvote 3