You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is going to change drastically in the next few days/week.

Unless it is dead.

It’s not dead. It wriggled around a bit and then I reburied it.

I thought there would be a thread for this already but can’t find one on the search…

Anyone got a robot lawnmower? I’m going to get one and I can’t decide between them from reviews, so thought I’d ask on here

13 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

My garden is a disgrace. I plan to do something about it in the next month. I expect I’ve left it too late to really maximise what I can do now, but damn life is busy and there’s only so many things you can get on with.

I’ve had rabbits the last 4 years but they have both now passed away, so finally the shrubs are no longer rabbit food, but on the downside the weeding and mowing is now all on me.

Anyway… just now moving some slabs from where the rabbit run was, and under one slab was a full ant nest/colony. Which was pretty cool. I put the slab back for now.

under another, was this fella… what is it?

(for now i pud a sod from the scruffy corner of the lawn on top of him and left him alone.

E02268EE-CABF-45FC-A70B-A1E791A32349.jpeg

Thats a Chafer grub- if you have lots of them you wont need to worry too much about the lawn as they eat lawns

https://www.rhs.org.uk/biodiversity/chafer-grubs-in-lawns

• Upvote 1

Saw my first tiny frog in the allotment pond this morning. As I get older, seeing this little guy climb out the pond and set off on his journey through life gives me more pleasure than any material thing you can buy in a shop. The roses are budding, most of my dahlias have survived the winter and the frogs came back for another year. I will post a picture next time I’m up there though hopefully the little frog guy has hopped off. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Saw my first tiny frog in the allotment pond this morning. As I get older, seeing this little guy climb out the pond and set off on his journey through life gives me more pleasure than any material thing you can buy in a shop. The roses are budding, most of my dahlias have survived the winter and the frogs came back for another year. I will post a picture next time I’m up there though hopefully the little frog guy has hopped off. 

In the mouth of a Stork?

On 20/04/2023 at 14:53, Champ said:

It’s a win win really, isn’t it.

I’ve managed to retrain my brain to look at dandelions as early food for bees and am in the process of adding a range of wildflowers into the grass

677FA63F-4F73-4201-BEF5-0F1D5DE53327.jpeg

And this one

IMG_3271.jpeg

• Upvote 1