You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We've gone green!

Guest San Don

Guest San Don

For St Patrick's day apparently. The only club to take part. Surely the only club in England they mean?

Green LFC

What do Niagra Falls, the Pyramids, Sydney Opera House, The London Eye, the HMS Belfast and The Kop have in common?

They'll all be turning green this weekend to celebrate St Patrick's Day.

Liverpool are the only club who have agreed to take part in Tourism Ireland's synchronised celebration on March 17.

The Kop turned green on Friday night and will be keep that hue until Sunday.

Brendan Rodgers was educated at St Patrick's College in Ballymena and was born in Northern Ireland.

He said: 'Coming from Northern Ireland means St Patrick's Day is very close to my heart.

'We have a huge fanbase right across Ireland and it's great to see our club being part of this weekend's celebrations.'

A few people will be angrily throwing their half-an-half LFC-Rangers scarves to the ground today.....

But joking aside this is a lovely way to commemorate Robbie Keane's time at the club.

I'm off into the city centre this afternoon to pick up the wedding rings, and then to toast our Welsh patron saint.

celebrating the feast in the real capital of Ireland - Corcaigh abú. Up ya Rebels!

nice work. never been to cork but might go there instead of dublin next time we go over for a piss up.

i think its decent the cop looking like that. as for half liverpool/half r*ngers scarfers.... fuck em. i remember we played celtic years ago, ronnie morans testemonial i think and a few nobhead reds were singing 'shankill' instead of 'shankly' to a dad and his kid in celtic shirts in the main stand. if i was 18 and not 14 i'd have fucking sparked one of them out for the stuff he was coming out with the prick. fair enough if it was two fellas but the fella had his kid who must have been about 8.

Guest ShoePiss
And you can go and fuck off.

Is Paddy's day a big deal in Ireland? Sounds like a silly question but I wonder.

Back when I lived in Liverpool town was always busy but in the states it's fucking huge. The main irish pub here (Kell's Irish) pretty much as a week long celebration with a big tent outside, boxing matches and all kinds going on.