You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest ShoePiss
Using Suarez to sell books?

Maybe that's his genuine, real life opinion?

Fucking hell, imagine if he does sign for us. The scapegoating will begin before he's even stepped on the pitch.

He's apologised to Suarez who probably didn't even give a fuck anyway. You'd think it was case closed, but no he's a total cunt for having an opinion.

I mean, if he'd mentioned anything about Luis' off the pitch personality then I could understand but he's said he's a bit of a shit when he's on the pitch. Everyone knows that, anyway. Even Luis himself readily admits he can be overly competitive on the pitch.

Scapegoating? What are you on about?

Anyway he jumped on a media bandwagon that was already laying into Luis and just so happened to have a book out. I'm sure he knew 'I'd knock him out' would bring him and his book attention.

He was playing for fucking Stockport County 4 years ago' date=' he's absolute wank... It would be Konchesky all over again if we signed that clown.[/quote']

Players can develop at different rates, and defenders especially mature later. Sami Hyypia famously got turned down by Oldham after a trial a couple of years before we bought him and all that.

Having said that though, I don’t think we should buy Ashley Williams.

He was playing for fucking Stockport County 4 years ago' date=' he's absolute wank... It would be Konchesky all over again if we signed that clown.[/quote']

Why do you hate him so much? It's a bit odd.

I can't stand this idea that you have to have played in the premier league all your career or for a top club to be classed as a good player. He's one of the main reasons that Swansea are 8th in the league and have a cup final on Sunday, if you'd actually fucking watch him then you'd realise he's not 'an alehouse cunt' or 'absolute wank' at all. I watch Swansea a lot, and have done for the past 3 or 4 years, and he's been consistently fucking good.

He can pass, head, tackle, has good timing and positioning and is a ballsy character. What's not to like? Apart from the fact that he used to play for Stockport, of course.

I can't stand this idea that you have to have played in the premier league all your career or for a top club to be classed as a good player. He's one of the main reasons that Swansea are 8th in the league and have a cup final on Sunday' date=' if you'd actually fucking watch him then you'd realise he's not 'an alehouse cunt' or 'absolute wank' at all. I watch Swansea a lot, and have done for the past 3 or 4 years, and he's been consistently fucking good.

He can pass, head, tackle, has good timing and positioning and is a ballsy character. What's not to like? Apart from the fact that he used to play for Stockport, of course.[/quote']

Agreed. He's no world beater, but he's an honest and committed player who'd improve us. He's Dirk Kuyt in a more appropriate position.

Agreed. He's no world beater, but he's an honest and committed player who'd improve us. He's Dirk Kuyt in a more appropriate position.

Do you honestly think he's better than Skrtel? Not just looking at their form this year but that he's been a better footballer over the last four or five years? I'd prefer Coates gets a chance to develop rather than bringing him in.

Kuyt has played top level football for all his career. He's a world away from Williams. Williams isn't a rough diamond he's average and of a standard you'll find at all but the worst premier league clubs.

I can't stand this idea that you have to have played in the premier league all your career or for a top club to be classed as a good player. He's one of the main reasons that Swansea are 8th in the league and have a cup final on Sunday, if you'd actually fucking watch him then you'd realise he's not 'an alehouse cunt' or 'absolute wank' at all. I watch Swansea a lot, and have done for the past 3 or 4 years, and he's been consistently fucking good.

He can pass, head, tackle, has good timing and positioning and is a ballsy character. What's not to like? Apart from the fact that he used to play for Stockport, of course.

I don't hate him thats a bit strong, I just don't like him or rate him, I think he would be an awful signing for us, that being said if he did sign I'd support him just like any other player that joins our club, I just think that he would be a very bad signing and he would not improve us, I'd rather us go out and buy that extra but of quality we need or shift Kelly or Wisdom to CB because they can both play in that position, Williams is 29 as well soon so the 9/10 million fee being thrown around is madness.

I dont follow that logic when it comes to defenders, because I think there's a lot of defenders in the lower leagues who could easily have stepped up over the years, even now, but get overlooked for overpriced wank like Koscielny. You can't be a team in the PL and go around signing Championship or League 1 defenders and expect to keep your fans happy.

If Rodgers thinks that Williams has the ability and the mental strength to succeed here, then I believe him. But we'll see, maybe all this rumouring is just that.

Personally, I think Wisdom has all the ability and physical attributes to step in and dominate. In a quite rediculous move, Coady could partner him, like they did for a couple of years at England level. Hey, don't know until you try.

Unless you spot them like Vidic, Agger the fees are getting bigger for top class defenders.

If you want a top class - then you should expect £10-20m, more for someone like Hummels.

We will not be in the market for "someone like Hummels" until we are back firmly in the Champions League mate. We need to find a Hummels before anyone else did.

Guest ShoePiss

This really is Konchesky all over again, the same knobheads making excuses too.

Pathetic.

Oh he's great. Let's watch the cunt be terrible for us and the same utter cunts make excuses.

Charlie Adam is fucking BRILLIANT.

TITS.

I thought about Lescott the other day, rarely see two left footed players together at centre back though

Good point, I get the feeling he wants an experienced British defender to replace Carragher, it probably doesn't leave many options if you have set that criteria though. So maybe change the criteria hopefully.

He'll cost around ten million quid. That's first choice money.

I don't think it necessarily is nowadays, not for the bigger clubs anyway, although clearly you wouldn't be spending that simply on a back up. Arsenal have 3 CBs that all cost between £8-10m off the top of my head, and all 3 of them have had a decent amount of games.

I don't think it necessarily is nowadays, not for the bigger clubs anyway, although clearly you wouldn't be spending that simply on a back up. Arsenal have 3 CBs that all cost between £8-10m off the top of my head, and all 3 of them have had a decent amount of games.

It will be for us. If we sign Williams, he'll be the main centre back signed, I'm sure of that.

Do you honestly think he's better than Skrtel? Not just looking at their form this year but that he's been a better footballer over the last four or five years? I'd prefer Coates gets a chance to develop rather than bringing him in.

I think Skrtel is a better player, I think Coates is potentially a much better player, however Rodgers' system leaves his CBs very exposed, so do Skrtel and Coates have the qualities required to play it? I think Skrtel could do, but he hasn't been great in it so far this season, but like the team as whole, these things can take a bit of time. So whilst I don't think Williams is a better player, having played in it for a couple of seasons under Rodgers, he may just fit the system better and it could be a case of the sum being greater than the parts.

Having said that, I am sure there are other CBs who can fit in this system.