You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shaving Thread

Sugar Ape

When shaving, I...  

136 members have voted

1. 1. When shaving, I...

• Use a Bic/disposable
    • Use a cartridge razor, Mach 3, Fusion etc...
    • Use a Cut Throat Razor
    • Use a Double Edge Safety Razor
    • Maintain stubble
    • Leave a 'tache
    • Fuck shaving, I've got a beard.

• 11 months later...

I now use that Fusion Pro Glide thing that's a wet razor but vibrates the blades. It's madly expensive but the blades need changing far less and I've not had a single ingrowing hair since I got it. Less razor burn too.

I went into Boots on Sunday for some shaving foam, men really are a bunch of big jessies these days aren't they? Took me about 10 minutes to find it in amongst all the hair gel & moisturisers.

Anyway, ended up getting the 90p Boots own make shaving foam & fucked off out of there sharpish. Bloody hipsters.

• Upvote 1

I'm with Mook, get a grip the lot of you, crying about razor burn and the likes. Still using the same Gillette Sensor Excel i bought about five years ago. Probably the same blades as well, so of course my skin gets ripped to shreds but am i crying about it?*

*Yes. Yes i am. 

PDVD_017-3.jpg

• Upvote 1

I bought a lecky razor about 18mths ago.

It's shaves good enough for smart everyday.

Haven't had a shaving cut, sore skin or rash/irritation ever since.

Wasn't cheap to buy, about £130, then you need a new head once a year, and it has cleaning liquid which is probably about £30 a year too.

But fuck it, I don't have to Fanny about in shops, end up with blunt razor or nip myself on the days I least want to.

Had my first few shaves with the cornerstone razor that's advertised on the mobile skin of the site.

£4 for a personalised handle and 6 blades.

The blades are razor sharp and give a great close shave.

Only negative is with it being a 5 blade razor it's a bit too cumbersome to get a really neat shave under your nose.

But for a close shave it pisses all over any Gillette razor I've used.

Just need to find a little cheapy trimmer I can use for my sidies as they get curly and fluffy as fuck long before I need a hair cut.

Had my first few shaves with the cornerstone razor that's advertised on the mobile skin of the site.

£4 for a personalised handle and 6 blades.

The blades are razor sharp and give a great close shave.

Only negative is with it being a 5 blade razor it's a bit too cumbersome to get a really neat shave under your nose.

But for a close shave it pisses all over any Gillette razor I've used.

Just need to find a little cheapy trimmer I can use for my sidies as they get curly and fluffy as fuck long before I need a hair cut.

Slaphead.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

skend04, on 14 Oct 2016 - 06:37 AM, said:

Why is everything available seemingly a minimum 4 blades? It's just bizarre. I'm now probably just going to keep a beard as it's ridiculously difficult to have a shave. I just have to get through the itchy stage.

Because the disposable razor blade was first invented as a sales and marketing ploy.

Now you've got a few shaving choices based on where the various stages of commercial tomfoolery have stopped.

Cut throat - expensive hardware, no consumables - really good shave, but bit more maintenance and skill required

Double sided safety razor - moderate hardware, super cheap consumables - really good shave, very little maintenance and skill needed

3/4/5 blade cartridge - cheapish hardware, mega expensive consumables - pretty crap shave

Disposable razor - no hardware, cheapish consumables - terrible shave

Electric razor - expensive hardware, little consumables - bad shave

Your cartridge and electric razors are those where rampant marketing shite still continues apace, hence being pretty crap for shaving and also loads more gimmicks to try and sell them.

• Upvote 1

Because the disposable razor blade was first invented as a sales and marketing ploy.

Now you've got a few shaving choices based on where the various stages of commercial tomfoolery have stopped.

Cut throat - expensive hardware, no consumables - really good shave, but bit more maintenance and skill required

Double sided safety razor - moderate hardware, super cheap consumables - really good shave, very little maintenance and skill needed

3/4/5 blade cartridge - cheapish hardware, mega expensive consumables - pretty crap shave

Disposable razor - no hardware, cheapish consumables - terrible shave

Electric razor - expensive hardware, little consumables - bad shave

Your cartridge and electric razors are those where rampant marketing shite still continues apace, hence being pretty crap for shaving and also loads more gimmicks to try and sell them.

Double sided razor it is. I'm too pretty to have a beard.