You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny needs to have a second season, but needs to nail his signings as well. I really can't see them going for a solely domestic based player strategy again this summer as all the arguments about knowing the league and fitting straight in have been spectacularly disproven.

It wouldn't be easy attracting a manager this summer anyway, their will probably be 4 or 5 top jobs available and we're no longer a top team to attract a top manager when they can go somewhere else

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its quite astonishing how we've gone from the goal machine we were 12 months ago to this.

The one thing we were doing last season was banging in the goals while still conceding the odd soft one or two while this season weve got better at the back while becoming awful up front.

Sometimes its better for managers when they have to play the hand they are dealt rather than having too many options available.

Kenny has seen it all before.

I firmly believe that Kenny should and will see out his contract. That is not because I do not think he is making, and has made, mistakes - he has. Nor because I am certain that it will come good - I am not. It is because the risks of a change probably outweigh the rewards.

I have picked out your above quote because I think it is misleading. First time around Kenny inherited a winning team. At Blackburn and Newcastle he was able to compete in wages and fees with anyone. That in no way detracts from what he DID achieve at all three clubs.

I often think that we expect managers to be brilliant in all circumstances, when few are.

He has never had to manage with a "football lite" Board before.He has never had to duck and dive in the transfer market before. He has never had to manage where transfer targets will see the club out of the elite. He has never had to coach a team out of trouble, he has been able to buy to do that. Now all of hat is not to say that he cannot, or will not, succeed. But it is to say this is uncharted territory for him.

I firmly believe that Kenny should and will see out his contract. That is not because I do not think he is making, and has made, mistakes - he has. Nor because I am certain that it will come good - I am not. It is because the risks of a change probably outweigh the rewards.

I have picked out your above quote because I think it is misleading. First time around Kenny inherited a winning team. At Blackburn and Newcastle he was able to compete in wages and fees with anyone. That in no way detracts from what he DID achieve at all three clubs.

I often think that we expect managers to be brilliant in all circumstances, when few are.

He has never had to manage with a "football lite" Board before.He has never had to duck and dive in the transfer market before. He has never had to manage where transfer targets will see the club out of the elite. He has never had to coach a team out of trouble, he has been able to buy to do that. Now all of hat is not to say that he cannot, or will not, succeed. But it is to say this is uncharted territory for him.

"Football lite" board?

Talking poo again, I see.

Commoli having splurged out hard on the signings that arrived, I doubt that Kenny got through his list. There was probably another striker and a central defender to come, but our director of football saw fit to establish his credentials by overpaying for tripe.

Hopefully, we'll see a couple more signings this summer, and the dross weeded out.

The mighty LUCAS will return, and we'll have Suarez for a whole season.

Then it'll be 'let the good times roll' and silverware galore. End of.

"Football lite" board?Talking poo again, I see.

The main Board comprises no-one with any football experience whatsoever, save for Ayre whose previous experience was at Huddersfield Town.

The football club board is augmented by Comolli ( experience in France and brief spells at Arsenal and Spurs) and Nash who is a peripheral football figure.

I hope that helps.

The main Board comprises no-one with any football experience whatsoever, save for Ayre whose previous experience was at Huddersfield Town.

The football club board is augmented by Comolli ( experience in France and brief spells at Arsenal and Spurs) and Nash who is a peripheral football figure.

I hope that helps.

No one with any football experience whatsoever.........save for Ayre.

Massive contradiction there, don't you think?

Commoli having splurged out hard on the signings that arrived, I doubt that Kenny got through his list. There was probably another striker and a central defender to come, but our director of football saw fit to establish his credentials by overpaying for tripe.

Hopefully, we'll see a couple more signings this summer, and the dross weeded out.

The mighty LUCAS will return, and we'll have Suarez for a whole season.

Then it'll be 'let the good times roll' and silverware galore. End of.

Christ no wonder other fans call us deluded.

It wouldn't be easy attracting a manager this summer anyway, their will probably be 4 or 5 top jobs available and we're no longer a top team to attract a top manager when they can go somewhere else

There's an ace manager who lives on the Wirral, he's doing nothing at the moment.

The way this club has gone though, I expect us to approach Sam Allardyce this Summer.

Kenny won't get a full second season, that's just the nature of football. He'll probably get a summer of transfer activity which will probably have to be funded at least in the main by sales, and then he'll get until Christmas. People will 'hope' we start next season all guns blazing and if we don't they'll be up in arms. The owners' plans all probably hinge on getting into the CL too I imagine, not doing so again next year would be a disaster for them.

I think the Semi Final will decide whether or not he will get another season. I don't think they are hire and fire, but I think the one thing against Kenny is that they didn't want him in the first place. They wanted someone young. If we reach the FA cup final then he cannot be asked to leave, but if (seems more likely at the moment) we lose and end up mid table then I am not so sure.

It might be down to other factors, a year ago we would have stood no chance of getting AVB, but now I think we will be in with a chance. FSG might be looking at him and thinking 'we can't wait'.

I think the Semi Final will decide whether or not he will get another season. I don't think they are hire and fire, but I think the one thing against Kenny is that they didn't want him in the first place. They wanted someone young. If we reach the FA cup final then he cannot be asked to leave, but if (seems more likely at the moment) we lose and end up mid table then I am not so sure.

It might be down to other factors, a year ago we would have stood no chance of getting AVB, but now I think we will be in with a chance. FSG might be looking at him and thinking 'we can't wait'.

what do you put that down too? are you saying we are in a better position than a year ago or that Villas Boas's stock has fallen for making a cunt of himself at chelsea? do you seriously think that if he cant get that chelsea squad to perform that he will do any better with us? and as for standing no chance of getting him, remember who you support.

and the fa cup wont be the decider at all. the board will meet with kenny and take it from there. yeah if we win it will look better but i dont think it will decide kennys future.

Tend to agree re them not wanting him at first, also think they lost a lot of faith in him with the whole Suarez situation.

I imagine he's on very thin ice.

Knee jerk reaction springs to mind from some on here

That's nothing more than a cop out from people who are too afraid to face the harsh reality of what we are dealing with. The fact that we are Liverpool and kenny is kenny is unfortunately not going to be enough to turn this around. I'll have faith in Dalglsih for a long time yet, he's proved enough in the past managerial wise to deserve that. Big changes need to be made though and some big decisions need to happen, he bought and chose the players and now he needs to get rid, live and die by the sword.

what do you put that down too? are you saying we are in a better position than a year ago or that Villas Boas's stock has fallen for making a cunt of himself at chelsea? do you seriously think that if he cant get that chelsea squad to perform that he will do any better with us? and as for standing no chance of getting him, remember who you support.

You are aware that not every post has to be an argument don't you?

We would have stood no chance of getting AVB in the summer, but yes, his stock has fallen and therefore he is possibly more in our range.

I know perfectly well who I support, for the past three seasons I have been supporting a side challenging for the UEFA cup!

You are aware that not every post has to be an argument don't you?

We would have stood no chance of getting AVB in the summer, but yes, his stock has fallen and therefore he is possibly more in our range.

I know perfectly well who I support, for the past three seasons I have been supporting a side challenging for the UEFA cup!

I know it doesn't and I generally dont make them until i come across nonsense like your post.

why would we want villas boas. kenny needs to be given another season it's fucking simple. next season without a top 4 finish would be horrible but why keep changing. lets push on, if we beat the shite then 2 cup finals this season is progress. we have had some freak results in the league yeah but thats what they have been.

i do wonder if people like you would jump ship if we became a mid table team.

I know it doesn't and I generally dont make them until i come across nonsense like your post.

why would we want villas boas. kenny needs to be given another season it's fucking simple. next season without a top 4 finish would be horrible but why keep changing. lets push on, if we beat the shite then 2 cup finals this season is progress. we have had some freak results in the league yeah but thats what they have been.

i do wonder if people like you would jump ship if we became a mid table team.

You are right. Well done, you really showed me etc etc

There is cause for optimism.

Next season we may get a full season out of Lucas, Suarez, Agger and Gerrard. Kenny may go either to a direct style to suit Carroll – or sell him. Henderson and Downing may settle in. Ayre may have nothing tricky to deal with and concentrate on selling LFC bedspreads in Kula Lumpar. Coates, Kelly, Spearing and Sterling will improve. One or two good signings would make a world of difference. Although this is new territory for Kenny, he should be able to tackle it with the help of Clarke and Comolli.

FSG do need to invest again, probably another £40m on 2-3 well planned buys – that’s football. They also need to determine what the plan is on redevelopment/moving stadium. The internecine warfare at Real Madrid also gives them a chance to go back for their first choice as CEO, José Ángel Sánchez, otherwise the results of not having a Barwick/Dein/Kenyon calibre CEO have been all to evident, and Ayre needs to return to the commercial department.

It’s a strange time, on the one hand a cup and European football are guaranteed, with the prospect of an historic double tantalisingly close. On the other, an unthinkable defeat against the Bitters in the Cup, and finishing below them continuing our worst run for 58 years looms.

Football, eh?