You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It took two hours to restart his heart.

fuck that's not good. heard someone say earlier if they don't get the heart pumping and oxygen going to the brain within 3 minutes there's likely to be brain damage.

hope I have that wrong or you have it wrong.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a defibrillator on the pitch immediately, I'm no expert but I think that would have kept his blood circulating hence getting oxygen to his brain.

Anyway, I wanted to find out if anyone else is getting fucking fed up with the level of faux outrage being displayed on the net surrounding Muamba. It's a tragic event no doubt, but there would be no where near this level of attention if the lad totally Fucked his knee or some other career ending injury. While I completely empathise it seems like it has clicked into the collective mong conscience.

They had a defibrillator on the pitch immediately, I'm no expert but I think that would have kept his blood circulating hence getting oxygen to his brain.

Anyway, I wanted to find out if anyone else is getting fucking fed up with the level of faux outrage being displayed on the net surrounding Muamba. It's a tragic event no doubt, but there would be no where near this level of attention if the lad totally Fucked his knee or some other career ending injury. While I completely empathise it seems like it has clicked into the collective mong conscience.

Fully agree.

These days its fashionable to show you're outraged or sad at something that happened. I had some guy on Twitter yesterday evening telling me to turn off the rugby and to turn on SSN and he was telling me I was wrong to not tweet about what happened.

I was going to say something on Facebook about the people spamming my timelines about 'Pray for Muamba' and other such rubbish. But I was going out and didnt want to have people calling me an inconsiderate cunt.

The same thing happened when Speed died. Its a natural reaction to be stunned by something and to hope someone gets better. But for fucks sake, dont tell the world about how you're feeling every five minutes.

I absolutely hate faux outrage, and it does seem the trend of recent, but what the hell are you on about?

People are not "outraged", they're upset and are expressing their support (and I don't think its fake, either). This is not a player that has died, its a player who is fighting death, and though writing a few words of support will probably have little effect on the end result, people are in their right to show it.

Being "fucking fed up" of it is a quite silly, if it annoys you so much (god knows why...its just a few words on a screen) then filter it out.

Lastly, you did just compare somebody ending their career because they nearly died on the pitch and somebody having an injury. Hence, you're a retard.

The outrage is there for anyone to see. As Robbie said, it was the same with Gary Speed. Two tragic situations. Yet, as with anything else, jokes get made about these situations. This is where the outrage is.

I have only recently starting using twitter and this is probably the first such situation I have seen there. It's unreal. It's like some people have lost a relative.

He is a footballer who plays for Bolton. It does not, in any way, impact on my life, or the life of any of my family, nor does it impact on the vast majority of people Who were deeply upset at this news. Are they fuck deeply upset. Social media has given the extremist Sociopaths a voice. The more extreme you are about your emotions the better.

Oh, and less of the name calling. Try to act like an adult.

I dont hold out too much hope for the guy especially with so long before getting his heart started again.

Im not sure if the the continuous chest compressions would have kept the blood flowing?

The defibrillator is used to start the heart pumping again ? Doesnt maintain circulation/

The outrage is there for anyone to see. As Robbie said, it was the same with Gary Speed. Two tragic situations. Yet, as with anything else, jokes get made about these situations. This is where the outrage is.

I have only recently starting using twitter and this is probably the first such situation I have seen there. It's unreal. It's like some people have lost a relative.

He is a footballer who plays for Bolton. It does not, in any way, impact on my life, or the life of any of my family, nor does it impact on the vast majority of people Who were deeply upset at this news. Are they fuck deeply upset. Social media has given the extremist Sociopaths a voice. The more extreme you are about your emotions the better.

Oh, and less of the name calling. Try to act like an adult.

Fair enough. Could you maybe have a try at empathy ?

I dont hold out too much hope for the guy especially with so long before getting his heart started again.

Im not sure if the the continuous chest compressions would have kept the blood flowing?

The defibrillator is used to start the heart pumping again ? Doesnt maintain circulation/

Most reports are saying it was around 6 mins before they got his heart going unaided. Brain death starts to occur on 4 mins absent oxygen.

Continuous compressions would provide enough blood. And a Defibrillator is only used to get the heart going, yes. They would have administered adrenaline as well as this drastically raises the heart rate.

Muamba is a footballer playing for Bolton, he is also a human being who is now fighting for his life after collapsing on the pitch in front of a worldwide audience, while he was living the dream of millions of boys out there, being a professional footballer playing in a PL team in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Everyone who follows football will know about it and if you cant spare a thought for someone in these circumstances you can just as well creep back in you hole where you can make sure everything fits your shallow view of the world and those who live there, if you close your eyes it might even make you feel even better.

Of course I empathize. The point is that people tend to go over board with how this has impacted them personally. Frode, you can lament all you want about Muamba, the reality is that you will go to work tomorrow and your life will carry on as normal. I hope the lad gets better, if he doesn't it's a sad day, but I think we will manage to carry on now matter how many times Sky Sports News will portray it as one of the darkest days in football history while they all pat themselves on the back after an increase in viewers.

Of course I empathize. The point is that people tend to go over board with how this has impacted them personally. Frode, you can lament all you want about Muamba, the reality is that you will go to work tomorrow and your life will carry on as normal. I hope the lad gets better, if he doesn't it's a sad day, but I think we will manage to carry on now matter how many times Sky Sports News will portray it as one of the darkest days in football history while they all pat themselves on the back after an increase in viewers.

What does that have to do with anything?

You see, the truth is..

Just as its "fashionable" to express (and in cases, over-express) sadness in response to a saddening event; it is also fashionable to have a strong distaste for such surfeit, as you do.

So you can bang on about how this outpouring of sympathy is feigned and excessive but so is your indignation towards said sympathy. I don't think it angers you as much as you protest it does and I think you might just want to go against the grain (like many do). And if you do abhor it so much then you really need to get a grip.

You have no way of knowing who is genuine in their support and who isn't. Many, such as I, are incredibly genuine. It is quite distasteful and needless to widely condemn the support for Fabrice for whatever reason.

He's on the cusp of passing away. That is all that really matters right now.

Rafa was sparing thoughts and compassion for the family & friends of the 96 at the memorial service at Anfield but it didn't stop you having sly smarmy digs at him!

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

I did not have a dig at Rafa.

Now back in your hole.

I'm fed up with the casual religiousness. Does anyone actually believe Wayne Rooney is praying for anything?

I much prefer the casual kind to the fanatical, zealous type who like subjugating women, hanging gays, blowing up other people, stoning adulterers, refusing to allow abortion, and denying stuff like evolution and the holocaust.

For every obvious reasons. One incident is a knee injury, the other may well end in him dying. You fucking mong.

There's arguments both ways. Social media does seem to act like a bully at times - take the Speed suicide, there's half the people breaking down in bits all over facebook and the other half making inappropriate jokes. Both factions are trying to get a reaction, to find support for their position and then they will condemn or mock the other lot. The positioning becomes more important than the actual incident.

Muamba's collapse is shocking because you can't imagine how such a fit young guy with all the best medical attention could have a heart attack without any prior warning but it's not the first time this has happened. You feel for him and his family and I do pray for his recovery. But you also have to take some perspective - it was exactly the right thing to abandon the game but now there are some who are advocating the withdrawal of Bolton from the competition. He's still alive for goodness sake, play the game in his honour.

There's arguments both ways. Social media does seem to act like a bully at times - take the Speed suicide, there's half the people breaking down in bits all over facebook and the other half making inappropriate jokes. Both factions are trying to get a reaction, to find support for their position and then they will condemn or mock the other lot. The positioning becomes more important than the actual incident.

Muamba's collapse is shocking because you can't imagine how such a fit young guy with all the best medical attention could have a heart attack without any prior warning but it's not the first time this has happened. You feel for him and his family and I do pray for his recovery. But you also have to take some perspective - it was exactly the right thing to abandon the game but now there are some who are advocating the withdrawal of Bolton from the competition. He's still alive for goodness sake, play the game in his honour.

I completely agree, but Xherdan started quacking on about knees and injuries and got rightly pulled about it.

But yeah, I'm not going to start Twittering about Muamba, or going on Facebook and "praying for him" (if I had a FB account). It's shocking and high profile and all that, but hundreds of healthy, fit people drop dead every year playing sport and running.

Just ask Jim Fixx