You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Reade has said due to no champion league Kenny only has very little funds to tinker with. If last summer really was our big chance and from now on its live like we did under moores I'd say we are a little bit fucked in terms glory days. This summer we better get it perfect.

i think this is what a lot of us feared when we spent the money the way we did last year, If we are on Max 20 Mill plus sales from now on, it could be a long way back to where we want to be.

Reade has said due to no champion league Kenny only has very little funds to tinker with. If last summer really was our big chance and from now on its live like we did under moores I'd say we are a little bit fucked in terms glory days. This summer we better get it perfect.

£12m a window average FSG have spent, had it not been for thar crazy Russian they wouldn't have paid Ajax for Suarez, more bullshit about the stadium, I'd say we're worse off than we were under moores, total chancer's this lot.

i think this is what a lot of us feared when we spent the money the way we did last year, If we are on Max 20 Mill plus sales from now on, it could be a long way back to where we want to be.

I've highlighted why it'd be absolutely bonkers for FSG to employ that strategy.

I only think they'll employ it this season if they do at all. Kenny may have to prove himself transfer-wise after last summer.

But if they seriously have decided they won't put their hand in their pocket, what is the point of them being here? I thought they wanted to win things. With the clubs spending approximately £35m each summer at least, I would hope our transfer fund before sales neared that amount.

Whats brought this on Paddy? Thought you were pretty happy with FSG??

Anyway, I think £20m + sales is a pretty decent budget, Newcastle have proved you can bring in class players for small fees, so have Arsenal. Better scouting we need, not another massive budget. As it seems when you have a huge budget the scouts are incredibly lazy and don't even look in the smaller european leagues.

£12m a window average FSG have spent, had it not been for thar crazy Russian they wouldn't have paid Ajax for Suarez, more bullshit about the stadium, I'd say we're worse off than we were under moores, total chancer's this lot.

The Suarez deal was agreed 4 days before Torres left.

It's plenty enough, no more excuses.

Just because City threw £400m at it doesn't mean they did it right.

Scout harder, scout smarter, or just give up.

Anyway, I think £20m + sales is a pretty decent budget, Newcastle have proved you can bring in class players for small fees, so have Arsenal. Better scouting we need, not another massive budget. As it seems when you have a huge budget the scouts are incredibly lazy and don't even look in the smaller european leagues.

I'd be happy with £20-30m with sales, as I think that'll get us a striker and RW we need, I'm yet to be convinced they'll give that, as for the stadium there full of shit, they are blaming everybody but themselves regarding redevelopment obstructions and are now going around the world with a begging bowl hoping to get the stadium built for them.

There better than H&G that's about the highest compliment I can give, and Abramovich has been there shining light so far

Armero's scored less than 10 goals in almost 250 games. If we're seriously looking at him, I suggest we revise our policy. How about we sign wingers, midfielders, and even strikers who can put the fucking ball in the net? Or are we still under the delusion that we just need an adequate provider for Carroll?

He's a leftback. How many goals should he have?

£20m+ sales is more than enough as long as you're selling well, building the squad properly and bringing through youngsters.

If Downing, Henderson and Carroll now have no value in the market then that's the fault of whoever bought them. Even that shit cunt Keane was sold on quickly with a lot of the money returned.

I'd be happy with £20-30m with sales, as I think that'll get us a striker and RW we need, I'm yet to be convinced they'll give that, as for the stadium there full of shit, they are blaming everybody but themselves regarding redevelopment obstructions and are now going around the world with a begging bowl hoping to get the stadium built for them.

There better than H&G that's about the highest compliment I can give, and Abramovich has been there shining light so far

I agree on the stadium stuff, they are so slow at making decisions its incredible. We saw it with the Hodgson debacle when they refused to sack him until attendances started dwindling, we saw it with the Suarez deal when they were making ridiculous offers until we got £50m for Torres and now we are seeing it with the stadium.

The longer we go without a decision on the stadium the further behind Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/Man City we fall but it seems they are reactive owners rather than proactive ones so we'll have to wait until the council force us into a decision, rather than us forcing them into a decision.

It seems to me that everyone wants Arab billionaires to own the club. Unless the owners spend like drunken sailors, they are cunts.

Nobody has called them cunts, but they got the club on the cheap and are fucking around over the stadium blaming everybody but themselves and leaking stories about no transfer budget, or we've spent some of it last year

I've nothing against fsg, we aren't in huge debt so that is a godsend in itself. I do think if they believe they can build a great team with minimal investment then their naive. You've got to invest to be anywhere near the top in this game, if they want champions league they have invest every year, its not a one time thing we had one window where we spent 38 million net on a team that finished 7th and was rather shit. We spent what we had poorly that can't be denied. I'd love to know if we had money in January or not though.

If Kenny gets £20m in the summer, plus the likes of Aurelio, Maxi and a few more (maybe including Carra and Kuyt) are removed from the wage bill and money can be brought in for the likes of Cole, Aquilani, Wilson, he will have more than enough cash to buy a striker, an attacker and a midfielder to fix the glaringly obvious and to have a pretty strong squad next season.

It seems to me that everyone wants Arab billionaires to own the club. Unless the owners spend like drunken sailors, they are cunts.

I'll reserve judgement on our owners for the next 12 months. However, they did get a great deal on the club and we deserve to get the finances to take us to the next level. You're right though, a lot of the other clubs are basically play things. That sheikh probably never set foot in Manchester before buying City and I doubt Abramovich grew up with Chelsea posters in his bedroom. In Germany, clubs are penalised for being in debt. That would go a long way for making the league more of a level playing field. An Italian mate of mine reckons that the premier league is going to go the way of Serie A when they went in to crisis with big clubs going bankrupt. He actually said that while Serie A still has alot of problems such as hooliganism, it is on the way back and that it might have been the best thing that happened to Italian football. Maybe the premier league needs a similar crisis to bring our problems to a head.

In fairness, most on here, were sceptical about Downing and Carroll before they even joined us. This would make the owners justifiably wary of giving us more money, as they were very expensive flops. Hopefully this summer even if we don't get a Cavani etc, we get players like Hoilett or De Jong (the young Dutch striker one) who will improve us greatly and won't cost a bomb. I'm still hopeful that our global name will mean we can get world class players..Luis joined us when we were at a very very low ebb. We also need to give the younger lads a go. We have class youngsters and with us being in Europe next year, why not give Flano, Sterling and Robinson etc their chance.

fucking wake up we spunked £100 million on utter garbage, how the fuck is that FSG's fault?

If i'd trusted someone with 100 million and they'd royally fucked it it up, i'd be just a little apprehensive about handing over more dosh, wouldn't the fuck you?

Kenny, Comolli, Scouts and FSG all need to sit down, learn from the massive mistakes that were made in the last 2 windows and make sure they get it right in the summer... I still have faith in Kenny but another summer like the one we've just had could set us back years.

Kenny, Comolli, Scouts and FSG all need to sit down, learn from the massive mistakes that were made in the last 2 windows and make sure they get it right in the summer... I still have faith in Kenny but another summer like the one we've just had could set us back years.

If they're given another season they should be told they're only getting money to spend from whatever they sell. If what a previous poster said is true they will have to do this anyway.

If they're given another season they should be told they're only getting money to spend from whatever they sell.

I can't see them getting more than £15m, everything else will come from sales...

£6m - Aqualini

£2m - Cole

£15m - Carroll

£4m - Adam

£1m - Wilson

£2m - Pacheco

Free - Jones

Free - Auerllio

Free - Darby

Free - Gulacsi

I can't see them getting more than £15m, everything else will come from sales...

£6m - Aqualini

£2m - Cole

£15m - Carroll

£4m - Adam

£1m - Wilson

£2m - Pacheco

Free - Jones

Free - Auerllio

Free - Darby

Free - Gulacsi

Aquilani will be back with us. Cole will cost £2mill + to pay off. Adam we'd probably get what we paid back. Rather get rid of Doni then Gulacsi. Wilson is probably worth fuck all. I'd fuck Downing off to Villa or some over shit team where he belongs. Not to mention Maxi, Ecclestone.