You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Wasn't that terrible shithouse Jovanovic on about £120k a week with us?

There will always be a club willing to take anyone. That's the beauty of having a good agent. Plus in all likelyhood he will go on to become Germany's most capped and highest scoring International player of all time. They won't let him rot away, he'll be a national treasure. Should he fail - which i doubt - there won't be a shortage of takers. Klose was shite in his last 2 seasons with Bayern. It didn't stop Lazio having a punt on him - and he's been brilliant for them. Scoring for fun. And he's 34.

Fair enough. I think he's really good, and most defences in England are shit. Won't be there four seasons though.

You have let Codes propaganda get to you - every team in England is set up to close down in their own half - many with 8 or 9 behind the ball in their own third - you can pretend that is cuz they are shit or understand that is why very few players ever transfer their gols v games from other countries unles they are outstanding physically (including the Bundesliga which is a top level league - discounting this fella who is not.)

Space in the attacking half is not contested anywhere like it is in England - that goes throughout the table.

Guest TK-421
You have let Codes propaganda get to you - every team in England is set up to close down in their own half - many with 8 or 9 behind the ball in their own third - you can pretend that is cuz they are shit or understand that is why very few players ever transfer their gols v games from other countries unles they are outstanding physically (including the Bundesliga which is a top level league - discounting this fella who is not.)

Space in the attacking half is not contested anywhere like it is in England - that goes throughout the table.

I think that down the years your point stands up to scrutiny but this year is different. Looking at the defences of the top 7 clubs, only Man City's is really top drawer at the present time. Ours is very good too but vulnerable to an injury to either of the CBs or Glen Johnson. However Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs leave a lot to be desired.

If you look at the amount of goals scored in games between teams in the top four this season you can see that defences are not on top.

I agree with the general point you make, though, for years gone by. Some outstanding defensive partnerships and mean defences at all of the top clubs and the midfield is contested more than ever as you say.

I think that down the years your point stands up to scrutiny but this year is different. Looking at the defences of the top 7 clubs, only Man City's is really top drawer at the present time. Ours is very good too but vulnerable to an injury to either of the CBs or Glen Johnson. However Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs leave a lot to be desired.

If you look at the amount of goals scored in games between teams in the top four this season you can see that defences are not on top.

I agree with the general point you make, though, for years gone by. Some outstanding defensive partnerships and mean defences at all of the top clubs and the midfield is contested more than ever as you say.

In the center, this year you might be right since we have seen Vidic/Ferdinand out for long periods, no quality replacement for Carvalho, Terry and Vermaalen sidelined for periods as well as King finally giving out. For me it is the difference in the DMid and the work that the outside midfielders are expected do on every side that I notice the biggest difference in.

I reckon we'll try and sign agbonlahor this summer. Young, English, talented and will probably be available (for a lot of money) after another poor villa season and news that they have no money to spend.

He could be a good player although not sure what sort of forward he is yet. Not really a poacher though.

I reckon we'll try and sign agbonlahor this summer. Young, English, talented and will probably be available (for a lot of money) after another poor villa season and news that they have no money to spend.

He could be a good player although not sure what sort of forward he is yet. Not really a poacher though.

Dear god, please no.

When people say we're becoming Villa, I didnt realise they meant we were actually becoming villa.