You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tevez - who wants him here?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Tevez - who wants him here?

Just curious, would the 45 prcent of the people on here who want him on loan also buy and wear his shirt from the supporters shop?

after Torres, I'll never get another shirt with a name and number on it (apart from Gerrard maybe). Plus I'm 35 so looks a bit childish.

Just goes to show how fickle I am. I was disgusted with the way he went on. Idolised by city fans and he turned his back on them so easily. I'd still have him here though cos he's such a good player.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potentially so much more to gain than to loose from a loan. I would not want us to sign him full time, as he's mental and turns after a year or so.

But he's a world class player, yeah he's been out of the game for a few months, but 2-3 weeks of training and his fitness levels should be back up. On form he's certainly a player that could help us to fourth. Especially with games against Spurs, Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal coming up. Cannot understand why people would be against it.

If he signs, he obviously agree's to it and we obviously have to money for it.

I want us to sign him, I mean why not? If we have the chance to loan him til the summer surely we have to take it? He's a world class striker who will increase our chances of top 4 come May, so it's simply a no brainer, a front 3 of him, Bellamy and Suarez could be unstoppable, hopefully this come to fruitition come the 1st February, fingers crossed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I want us to sign him, I mean why not? If we have the chance to loan him til the summer surely we have to take it? He's a world class striker who will increase our chances of top 4 come May, so it's simply a no brainer, a front 3 of him, Bellamy and Suarez could be unstoppable, hopefully this come to fruitition come the 1st February, fingers crossed.

What's the worst that could happen? I guess it's that he goes off the rails and everybody thinks he's a cunt? Fine, say cheerio at the end of the season.

On the other hand, what's the best that can happen? He can play to his potential, behave well, help us into the European Cup spot, form a hell of a partnership with Suarez, and then earn a move in the future?

Surely it's a no-brainer?

What's the worst that could happen? I guess it's that he goes off the rails and everybody thinks he's a cunt? Fine, say cheerio at the end of the season.

On the other hand, what's the best that can happen? He can play to his potential, behave well, help us into the European Cup spot, form a hell of a partnership with Suarez, and then earn a move in the future?

Surely it's a no-brainer?

Exactly mate, people saying they wouldn't want this to happen, I simply cannot understand their logic, he's class, and after a couple of weeks of him doing what he does best I'm sure these lot would change their mind and wish we had him beyond the summer to be honest, I genuinely think he'd thrive at Anfield, hopefully it's more than just a rumour, it's unlikely to happen but fuck it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Exactly mate, people saying they wouldn't want this to happen, I simply cannot understand their logic, he's class, and after a couple of weeks of him doing what he does best I'm sure these lot would change their mind and wish we had him beyond the summer to be honest, I genuinely think he'd thrive at Anfield, hopefully it's more than just a rumour, it's unlikely to happen but fuck it.

He has this incredible drive. He's like a warrior on the pitch. He's a mental case, but if that can be harnessed, even temporarily, then it's no wonder we've looked into it.

He has this incredible drive. He's like a warrior on the pitch. He's a mental case, but if that can be harnessed, even temporarily, then it's no wonder we've looked into it.

Yup, if he comes our chances of top 4 double, I'd put us as favourites for it to be honest, him Suarez and Bellamy as our attacking line and with us to play Arsenal and Chelsea both at Anfield? Fuck I'd be a lot more confident than I am currently of doing this with him playing.

Yup, if he comes our chances of top 4 double, I'd put us as favourites for it to be honest, him Suarez and Bellamy as our attacking line and with us to play Arsenal and Chelsea both at Anfield? Fuck I'd be a lot more confident than I am currently of doing this with him playing.

This. Id be ever so confident of us getting top 4 if we signed the saggy necked bastard. As much of a rat that he is, dont forget how fucking class he is. Best striker in the league imo.(when on form and playing obviously)

Tevez needs a shop window to showcase his skills. Hardly anybody thinks of him as a top player first and foremost any more, they think of him as a massive prick first and foremost and then a top player almost as an afterthought. That's what's preventing him getting the right move at the moment.

We can use him to push in to the top 4 and he can use us to get his permanent move somewhere.

It's a total win:win.

City are going to let him rot to make an example of him to their other expensive signings, they really don't give a fuck whether they lose £20m+ on the deal.

I've changed my mind though as I'd have him here on a loan deal but still wouldn't want him on a perm deal as it'd only be a matter of time before he gets "home sick" again...

Tevez is an outstanding footballer, high work rate, superb finisher, but also a hugely flawed human being, if a loan deal was possible.......how much damage could he do to dressing room morale (if any) between now and the end of the season?

I see parallels between this and the Anelka loan deal 10 years ago, a player we should have moved heaven and earth to sign permanently.

Even Thompson and Houllier said his reputation was largely unfounded as he was first class in training etc at Liverpool.

Not saying the same is true of Tevez, but it is a shame, as a football fan, to see a footballer that could vastly improve our attacking options without a club to play for presently.

You know what... fuck it. If (BIG fucking if I realise) there's a deal to be done and Kenny wants him in the team then it's worth a punt, loan or no. He'd do a Masch on us no doubt, but if he makes us play better for a while and increases our chances of Europe then fuck it, the position we're in we might as well throw caution to the wind.

Put it this way - as pissed off as I was when Masch (and Alonso and the ladyboy for that matter) fucked off, we were still a better team for having had them for however long we did, and in this case there'd be no Torres-style love-in making the eventual departure worse. We'd all know up front what we'd be getting.

Yes ok so he's a cunt.

They're all fucking cunts

Can he play football to a very high standard?

Yes he fucking can

Should we spend money on signing him?

Probably not because he is such a cunt

Should we be looking into getting him on loan?

Fuck yes why not, when he's on the pitch he's awesome

I think Mancini has sold the footy world a massive dummy over this, I don't think Tevez is anywhere near as guilty as has been made out. He's been made scapegoat for what was a poorly managed and poorly executed CL game against a very strong team.

Here's what I would do.

We buy him now for £25m which is what City want. We then sell him in the summer to AC for £21m which is what they are willing to pay, so effectively you are paying £4m for a "loan" deal for 6 months. You make sure AC and Tevez are in agreement.

It's a win win situation for everyone. Tevez gets match fit and helps us into the CL, AC get a player that is ready for the new season and fit at the price they wanted to pay and Tevez gets the move he wanted and City get the money they wanted.

Football. It really isn't that hard.