You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

In this moment we are not happy. I have not played the part I was brought here to do. I need to talk to the club some more and decide what part I will play and consider whether it is worth it but at this moment we are not happy.

WFT!? Transfer request coming up unless he wants to try and hang around so he can play atleti in the super cup as he's hinting.

Surely people haven't told him lies again? Why do people keep telling the poor lad lies?

Fernando Torres given Euro 2012 hope after Spain call-up

• Struggling striker added to squad for upcoming friendlies

• Vicente del Bosque to reveal Euro 2012 squad on Sunday

Fernando Torres's hopes of being included in Spain's squad for the European Championship have been boosted after he was called up for the friendlies against Serbia and South Korea.

The striker, who was dropped by Vicente del Bosque for February's match against Venezuela, has been added to the squad along with Juan Mata following Chelsea's Champions League win on Saturday. The Spanish players from the Copa del Rey finalists Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao remain absent due to their club commitments.

A statement from the Spanish football federation said: "The national team coach, Vicente del Bosque, has called up the Chelsea players Fernando Torres and Juan Mata. Both internationals will be join the squad on 25 May in St Gallen."

Spain face Serbia in Switzerland on Saturday, one day before Del Bosque names his final 23-man squad for Euro 2012. They then play South Korea in Bern next Wednesday.

Fernando Torres given Euro 2012 hope after Spain call-up | Football | guardian.co.uk

That parade is quite simply the funniest thing i've ever seen

Do the players all celebrate when someones watching then stop as they reach a stretch thats empty only to start again when they see someone walk out the shop

Chelsea F.C making history apparently but nobody seems to have told West London.

Guest San Don
It isn't right, the bus diverged from the advertised route for some reason.

Yeah I heard the bus driver was looking for a crowd because the rest of the route was deserted!

The one obstacle to this is the fact he's shite.

Pressure is on him now to prove that he isn't rubbish. Whether he does or not in the absence of Drogba, remains to be seen. I think Chelsea will miss the flip-flop wonder. A terrible diver, but got them goals when they needed them.

No question Chelsea will miss him, even if they do find somebody who fills their boots as often has Drogba has. The guy has proven to be priceless for them in finals (even if he did get himself sent off in one of them) and his transfer fee has proven to be a good outlay. When he wants to play football and show that side of his game, he can be unstoppable. When he wants to be cynical and theatrical, he's absolutely unplayable at times too, much to the frustration of his opponents. I fucking hate that side of him, because he has shown time and time again that he's really not an utter cunt but rather a genuine role model off the field.

Drogba is a top class bloke off the field I believe, with all the charity stuff he does for the Ivorian poor folks. Shame he wasn't able to rub a single shred of that class off onto his fuckwit cunt of a captain.

He was a cunt on the pitch though, the cheating diving bastard. He's scored them a fuckload of very important goals over the years though and they'll deffo miss him. Happy days.

Guest San Don
Now that Didier Drogba's contract won't be renewed, Torres can be top man again.

Dont think so, if they bring in some new strikers such as Falco or whoever, el sulk would still be down the pecking list.

Didier Drogba says Fernando Torres is Chelsea's future

Didier Drogba has told BBC Sport that Fernando Torres offers a bright future for Chelsea despite his difficult start to life at Stamford Bridge.

The Spaniard, who arrived for £50m from Liverpool in January 2011, has revealed his frustration at life with the Blues.

But the departing Drogba says Torres will prove himself next season.

"We have a good relationship. We don't understand why we didn't play together more, but that's the past. Torres is the future," said Drogba.

"It's been difficult for him, but he has showed he is the man. Next season is going to be his season and I will try to speak to him."

Torres, 28, was disappointed to start on the bench in the Champions League final against Bayern Munich, which saw Drogba round off his Chelsea career with the equaliser and then the decisive spot-kick in the penalty shoot-out.

Ivory Coast international Drogba, 34, has subsequently confirmed he is leaving Stamford Bridge after eight years.

Doubts still surround the managerial position at Chelsea, who finished sixth in the Premier League, with interim boss Roberto di Matteo not offered assurances about his future despite winning the Champions League and FA Cup.

But Drogba, who won 10 trophies, including three Premier League titles with the Stamford Bridge club, is sure the Blues will continue to challenge for silverware on a regular basis.

He added: "Being here for eight years, it will be a big change.

"Players will go, some stay, but the club will remain as ambitious as it has always been. I am not worried.

"Chelsea was there before I came and always will be.

"It's impossible to forget this moment. Leaving Chelsea in any case would be difficult, but now even more. It is impossible, Chelsea is in my heart. My blood is blue and my heart even more so."

HAHA they're fucked.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought he played well, missed chances notwithstanding.

Spain looked a much more dangerous side once he came on.

Spain did look better when he came on, although they were playing without a single recognised striker for the previous 70minutes.

His passing throughout was poor, the first touch and burst of speed just wasn't there like it was in the past when he went through for his first chance. The one he clipped over the bar should really have been laid off for a simple tap in.

It's glaringly obvious that he really isn't the same player any more.

Guest San Don

He looked poor, cant get my head round people saying Spain looked better when he came on! Needed 2 or 3 touches too many. But hey, why the fuck do I care.

He looked poor, cant get my head round people saying Spain looked better when he came on! Needed 2 or 3 touches too many. But hey, why the fuck do I care.

they did look better but not due to him being any good just having some pace to get in behind, they could've put Usain Bolt there and had the same outcome