You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This day in history

Lee909

27th May

1930 – The 1,046 feet (319*m) Chrysler Building in New York City, the tallest man-made structure at the time, opens to the public.

1937 – In California, the Golden Gate Bridge opens to pedestrian traffic, creating a vital link between San Francisco and Marin County, California.

1941 – World War II: The German battleship Bismarck is sunk in the North Atlantic killing almost 2,100 men.

1975 – André 3000, American rapper (OutKast) is born and with that the world was never the same again.

I'm bored so what events happened on your Birthday

16 February

Castro was sworn in as President of Cuba

Howard Carter entered Tutankhamen tomb

Ernst Haeckel was born as was John McEnroe and Kim Jong Il

For fucks sake, how could you forget Dave Lombardo and Neko's mum's birthdays ?

And mine too.

In 1456 Joan of Arc was acquitted of heresy (25 years after she died)

In 1940 Richard Starkey was born

In 1946 Howard Hughes crashed his plane in Beverley Hills

In 1953 Che Guevara and a mate went for a spin on their mopeds

In 1954 Elvis Presley made his radio debut

In 1965 Jeremy Kyle was born...

In 1985 Boris Becker won Wimbledon, I was born.

In 2005 some cunts blew up parts of London's transport system.

7/7

May 29, 1985 Heysel Stadium disaster: In Brussels, Belgium, 39 football fans die and hundreds are injured at a European Cup match.

On my fourth birthday.

My tenth. Bad day. We share a b'day with JFK if you didn't know, and bizarrely John Hinckley.

Edited by Razoray

The first U.S. Thanksgiving, the adoption of the Indian Constitution and the Mumbai terror attacks.

Births of William Cowper, Eugene Ionesco, Charles M. Schulz, Pat Phoenix, John McVie, Natasha Bedingfield, Danny Welbeck and loads of forumites [including Stouff, Stronts & Kurt - if memory serves.]

Deaths of Isabella I of Castile, John MacAdam, Sojourner Truth, Tommy Dorsey and Michael Bentine.

27th January 1978.

Richard Chase, who becomes known as the "Dracula Killer," murders Evelyn Miroth and Daniel Meredith, as well as Miroth's 6-year-old son and another woman, in Sacramento, California. Chase sexually assaulted Miroth with a knife before killing her and mutilating her body. He removed some of the organs of the body and filled them with blood before taking them with him. Meredith was found shot in the head.

27th January also Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Fucking hell, what a cheery day.

March 8th

Events

1655 – John Casor becomes the first legally-recognized slave in England's North American colonies.

1817 – The New York Stock Exchange is founded.

1910 – French aviatrix Raymonde de Laroche becomes the first woman to receive a pilot's license. And it was all downhill from there.

1937 – Spanish Civil War: The Battle of Guadalajara begins.

1974 – Charles de Gaulle Airport opens in Paris, France also in celebration of my 1st birthday.

Births

1702 – Anne Bonny, Irish-American pirate (d. 1782)

1927 – Dick Hyman, American pianist and composer (Just for his name alone)

1945 – Micky Dolenz, American musician (The Monkees)

1956 – Laurie Cunningham, English footballer (d. 1989)

1982 – Kat Von D, Mexican-born tattoo artist

Deaths

1930 – William Howard Taft, 27th President of the United States (b. 1857)

1971 – Harold Lloyd, American actor (b. 1893) Horay!

1999 – Joe DiMaggio, American baseball player (b. 1914)

Cheery news all round on my Birthday by the look of things.

1606 - Guy Fawkes was executed after being convicted for his role in the "Gunpowder Plot" against the English Parliament and King James I.

1747 - The first clinic specializing in the treatment of venereal diseases was opened at London Dock Hospital.

1876 - All Native American Indians were ordered to move into reservations.

1917 - Germany announced its policy of unrestricted submarine warfare.

1929 - The USSR exiled Leon Trotsky. He found asylum in Mexico.

1945 - Private Eddie Slovik became the only U.S. soldier since the U.S. Civil War to be executed for desertion.

1950 - U.S. President Truman announced that he had ordered development of the hydrogen bomb.

1996 - In Columbo, Sri Lanka, a truck was rammed into the gates of the Central Bank. The truck filled with explosives killed at least 86 and injured 1,400.

2000 - An Alaska Airlines jet crashed into the ocean off Southern California. All 88 people on board were killed.

and the worst of all

2005 - Keanu Reeves received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.