You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

36 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Its usually about this time we get the "Muslims Hate Poppies" stuff doing the rounds. Shortly after we then get "Muslims Hate Christmas".

"Taxi drivers are getting beheaded for putting tinsel in their windows!!!"

"No they aren't!"

"Typical woke lefty!" 

• Upvote 1

All the buses now, instead of having destination and number displayed on the electronic display (so you might, you know, board the correct one) are instead emblazoned with WE SHALL NOT FORGET THEM with a pixelated poppy image for most of the time. Then they flick momentarily to the information you actually need, before rapidly switching back to that bollocks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

All the buses now, instead of having destination and number displayed on the electronic display (so you might, you know, board the correct one) are instead emblazoned with WE SHALL NOT FORGET THEM with a pixelated poppy image for most of the time. Then they flick momentarily to the information you actually need, before rapidly switching back to that bollocks.

Mad that they don't look out for people who don't know where they live. 

"How do you do young Willie McBride,

Do you mind if I sit here beside you're graveside

The 14a has decided to ..... 

Soz lad I'm calling an uber" 

Like everything else today all way over the top like Christmas, Halloween, Bommy night and birthday cunts. 

Is all this aimed at just the English fallen or those world wide? It's good to see the war graves kept in great condition around the world by all those who respect those who died regardless of nationality and of course will remember them today. 

Our kid a few years ago was on a Kawasaki Club outing to see the Dams in Germany, on the way back he asked to do a detour, which they all did, and he found a great uncles grave and details of where he was killed within yards of the scene. 

I found it quite moving to see his face and he was one of mine from way down the line as do many. 

I'll be paying my respects in my own way as always with my metal poppy badge on and will donate of course without buying one.

Don't slag it off, it's once a year, we've got the Woke  Cancel wankers to rejoice in all year round after all so give them a little bit of space. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Like everything else today all way over the top like Christmas, Halloween, Bommy night and birthday cunts.  

31 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Don't slag it off, it's once a year, we've got the Woke  Cancel wankers to rejoice in all year round after all so give them a little bit of space. 

I don't know of any "woke cancel wankers" who slag it off any more than you do at the start of this post (i.e. slagging off the hypocrisy and showiness, but not the point of remembrance).