You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

“You’re not famous anymore”

Guest simon

People need to wake up and smell the coffee. Rather than poke fun at Roy Hodgson and Arsenal people need to realise that we are in danger of being the same If we don't qualify for the CL next season then I fear the worst.Playrs like Reina & Suarez will probably consider their futures and we won't be able to attract better players to take us forward Will Standard Chartered Warrior etc want to pay huge sponsorship deals for a club without cl football? Will kids growing up around the world support a club who cannot even qualify for the 2nd best european competition?

No Simon, you need to be patient my friend.

There is a proper rebuild of this club going on, and it take time, it doesn't happen overnight.

Just remember it's building process that takes time and don't act like all the gobshites on the match day thread and you will be fine.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Quite funny that, used to shout that at Anfield with about 20,000 other reds in the 80's when the goalie used to take a goalkick.

Only remember cockney teams doing that, did I delete from memory doing that in the kop in the 80's? Don't remember ever doing that.

Guest The Chimp

I couldn't give a fuck what others think. I support the club because it represents where I'm from - it's wasn't even about a decision for me. My grandad was a red, same as my dad, my uncles, my cousins, my brothers etc. I was brought up one from as early as I can remember. If we win things it's a bonus for me, it's not the sole reason why I support Liverpool. It fucks me off greatly when I hear all this wailing and gnashing of teeth about how shit we are how great the mancs are. If people are only in for this to see us win things year in and year out then I feel they're missing the real meaning of being a Liverpool supporter. I couldn't give a fuck who comes or goes or how much money we make etc., We had fuck all last year, a fair bit this and all people do is complain about who it's spent on. I'm all for critique but it needs to be grounded in some semblance of perspective. Anyway, to me that (fans, money) is not core to what's important about supporting Liverpool. There's such a sense of entitlement with some of our fans these days. They'll go on about managing expectations but then concomitantly moan about how shit we are; they'll castigate players for abandoning the club but see no hypocrisy in abandoning their support for players. As for Hodgson, he deserved more than having people laughing at him as he was a shithouse who blamed everything and everyone rather than engage in self-reflection. A fucking woeful appointment and even worse an utterly contemptible person. Maybe I'm part of the problem? I know I'd much rather be us with a bit of class as eptomised under Kenny than having a cunt like Mourinho manage us. I'd support us for all the above reasons not because I'm some superfan (far from it) but because as I said, winning trophies is an added bonus for me not a prerequisite. Five games in as well all this shite - unbelievable.

Only remember cockney teams doing that, did I delete from memory doing that in the kop in the 80's? Don't remember ever doing that.

Well it was 5 (summer of 85) when I went to my first match and was on the Kemlin and there were always people around me and my arl fella shouting it.

20,000 may have been a bit of an exaggeration though.

I couldn't give a fuck what others think. I support the club because it represents where I'm from - it's wasn't even about a decision for me. My grandad was a red, same as my dad, my uncles, my cousins, my brothers etc. I was brought up one from as early as I can remember. If we win things it's a bonus for me, it's not the sole reason why I support Liverpool. It fucks me off greatly when I hear all this wailing and gnashing of teeth about how shit we are how great the mancs are. If people are only in for this to see us win things year in and year out then I feel they're missing the real meaning of being a Liverpool supporter. I couldn't give a fuck who comes or goes or how much money we make etc., We had fuck all last year, a fair bit this and all people do is complain about who it's spent on. I'm all for critique but it needs to be grounded in some semblance of perspective. Anyway, to me that (fans, money) is not core to what's important about supporting Liverpool. There's such a sense of entitlement with some of our fans these days. They'll go on about managing expectations but then concomitantly moan about how shit we are; they'll castigate players for abandoning the club but see no hypocrisy in abandoning their support for players. As for Hodgson, he deserved more than having people laughing at him as he was a shithouse who blamed everything and everyone rather than engage in self-reflection. A fucking woeful appointment and even worse an utterly contemptible person. Maybe I'm part of the problem? I know I'd much rather be us with a bit of class as eptomised under Kenny than having a cunt like Mourinho manage us. I'd support us for all the above reasons not because I'm some superfan (far from it) but because as I said, winning trophies is an added bonus for me not a prerequisite.

I owe you some rep monkey man. When I get my ST your getting it.

Great post.

Simon you seem desperate for people to agree we are on the same level as Villa and the best we can do is attract Chris Brunt or whatever other shit player is flavour of the month with you.

You said the other day, that in players eyes, we have won nothing of note except the CL for 20 years. Unbelievable. I mean, the mancs aside, we are probably the most succesful English club in Europe in the last 20 years. Not to mention the FA cups and League cups which you bizarrely don't seem to count.

We are one of the biggest clubs in world football and will be for a long time to come. Are Juventus a small club because they got relegated and haven't been successful for a few years? We are in the top two in terms of success, fan base and sponsorship ( The dodgy City deals aside ) and aside from City, United and Chelsea we will probably outspend every other English club in the forseeable future.

If we lower our expectations to the level of Villa then that is all we will achieve, we should be aiming much, much higher and thankfully I'm sure everyone at the club from the owners down are aiming for that.

Guest The Chimp

Exactly my sweet simian. Pleading for some slack to be given to Thatcher in one thread and having a pop at those having a dig at Hodgson in this, whilst having a go at the club? I never used to mind you Si, but (not that you'll give a fuck) you've been getting right on my tits since the season started. I'd have thought as someone who was involved in so many good things with regards to assisting the club in the darkest days under twit and twat you'd have a bit more perspective than most on what's really important.

Guest ShoePiss
Well it was 5 (summer of 85) when I went to my first match and was on the Kemlin and there were always people around me and my arl fella shouting it.

20,000 may have been a bit of an exaggeration though.

Anny rd side of the kemlyn was it? Ha!

Exactly my sweet simian. Pleading for some slack to be given to Thatcher in one thread and having a pop at those having a dig at Hodgson in this, whilst having a go at the club? I never used to mind you Si, but (not that you'll give a fuck) you've been getting right on my tits since the season started. I'd have thought as someone who was involved in so many good things with regards to assisting the club in the darkest days under twit and twat you'd have a bit more perspective than most on what's really important.

I think his comments in that thread are a little misguided or misadvised due to his age (no disrespect or patronising meant there Si)

Guest The Chimp
I think his comments in that thread are a little misguided or misadvised due to his age (no disrespect or patronising meant there Si)

Yeah I can see that. The above post really fucked me off is all and this on top made me see red. I don't know Si but people on here who've met him have vouched he's a decent enough lad. I've not though, so I can only go on what's been posted and whilst I know it's all about opinions if I think someone is out of order I reckon I'm well within my rights to pull them on it - not that you were questioning that right I know mate.

Yeah I can see that. The above post really fucked me off is all and this on top made me see red. I don't know Si but people on here who've met him have vouched he's a decent enough lad. I've not though, so I can only go on what's been posted and whilst I know it's all about opinions if I think someone is out of order I reckon I'm well within my rights to pull them on it.

No worries, I understand as it fucked me off too.

I've not met Si myself, played a bit of FM online with him and he comes across as decent lad, but misguided a lot in my opinion.

I agree if it needs pulling up on, do it. Just offering a little defence for the lad as he' come a long way since he first posted on here and I have a lot respect for him for the effort he has put in, some of his ideas are mental though.

Unbelievable.

5 posts by Si in this thread and I got the gist of everyone of them.

Si - how come some of your posts, like the ones in this thread, are (semi)perfectly readable, yet others look like you've let your dad's dog loose on the keyboard? You often moan about being misunderstood, and that's because it is actually impossible to understand a lot of what you write. What's the difference here?

I couldn't give a fuck what others think. I support the club because it represents where I'm from - it's wasn't even about a decision for me. My grandad was a red, same as my dad, my uncles, my cousins, my brothers etc. I was brought up one from as early as I can remember. If we win things it's a bonus for me, it's not the sole reason why I support Liverpool. It fucks me off greatly when I hear all this wailing and gnashing of teeth about how shit we are how great the mancs are. If people are only in for this to see us win things year in and year out then I feel they're missing the real meaning of being a Liverpool supporter. I couldn't give a fuck who comes or goes or how much money we make etc., We had fuck all last year, a fair bit this and all people do is complain about who it's spent on. I'm all for critique but it needs to be grounded in some semblance of perspective. Anyway, to me that (fans, money) is not core to what's important about supporting Liverpool. There's such a sense of entitlement with some of our fans these days. They'll go on about managing expectations but then concomitantly moan about how shit we are; they'll castigate players for abandoning the club but see no hypocrisy in abandoning their support for players. As for Hodgson, he deserved more than having people laughing at him as he was a shithouse who blamed everything and everyone rather than engage in self-reflection. A fucking woeful appointment and even worse an utterly contemptible person. Maybe I'm part of the problem? I know I'd much rather be us with a bit of class as eptomised under Kenny than having a cunt like Mourinho manage us. I'd support us for all the above reasons not because I'm some superfan (far from it) but because as I said, winning trophies is an added bonus for me not a prerequisite. Five games in as well all this shite - unbelievable.

Excellent post.

Just to give a bit of an outsider view. I live up in Newcastle and I just had the radio on - it's the build up to the Nottingham Forest v Newcastle game tonight. The presenter and pundit (former Ireland/Newcastle player John Anderson) were discussing the idea of a big club - Forest have a history and some big trophies in their cabinet but half their ground's shut tonight, such is their lack of fans and poor start to the season. Newcastle are the opposite - 50k-ish fans every week despite no trophy to speak of since the 1960s.

Anderson said it boiled down to a number of factors for him but only two clubs ticked all of the boxes and that's Liverpool and Manchester Utd, possibly with Arsenal alongside them. City and Chelsea are financially beefed up - and City were something of a parallel with Newcastle - and none of the rest of the clubs in English football can hold a candle to us and the mancs in terms of their standing.

i remember a few years back listening to radio merseyside,they had liverpool councillor on who happened to be an efc season ticket holder.anyway he'd just come back from a fact finding trip to america as liverpool was preparing to host the firefighter games,while he was there was some hotel or something and there was commotion and in walks obama and his bodygaurds and so on.at the time obama was running for president and the liverpool councillor asked the bloke he was with if he could meet obama but the bloke doubtful,but luckly the coucillor got his wish and when he told obama he was from liverpool obama said he knew of 2 things from liverpool the beatles and liverpool f.c.

also not so long ago the chairman of arsenal said there are only 2 truely global clubs in british football liverpool and manchester united.