You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Allan

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

How is everyone finding this lag wise now?

For the last month or so I've found it OK but got on with TK and Dynamite last night and Al was still finding it quite laggy but with the exception of one map it seemed OK to me.

I've finally sussed why it doesn't seem as entertaining so far, it's simply not the same without the unique Dynamite commentary and the way Dynamite makes so many friends as we play along.

One does try...

I'll get back on this evening for a bit. Got me folks coming over this afternoon, so would be a little rude to jump on while they're here...

It wasn't major lag last night, just times where I was getting some quite severe lag spikes which just throws you off. I'd get into a zone only to be knocked out of it thanks to a lag spike.

Terminal is miles better than anything they have shipped with MW3.

I like the few Face Off maps I have played better than most of the others, the rest I think are OK but nothing to get massively excited about. I'd like to see them allow the Face Off maps in normal TDM but I suspect there would be major spawning issues because of the size of them.

I wish they would include all maps from every game in each release or at least let the engine pull the previous DLC you have from earlier games into the newer versions.

Think I maybe had 3 games I did ok on tonight with you and a couple I did ok on with tk when you had your break.

Sunday nights always seem to be worst for cheats. If you're about during the week we can maybe get on a few nights.

Wasn't really getting into it tonight like I was last night.

I'm off till Sunday morning. Booked Monday through Wednesday off, as I had some holiday lingering around that needed to be taken at some stage or I'd lose it.

By the end of this week, I would like to have prestiged so that I can use me prestige tokens.

Anyone got the new maps? I think theyre pretty good' date=' theyve saved the best ones till last.[/quote']

Not yet. PS3...

Been playing most of the day today and have had a fair old run lag wise. I reckon about 90% of games have been lag free, 7% have had the odd lag spikes and the final 3% had certainly contained lag switchers.

Starting to loathe the recon drone, not because it shows your position, but because it also stuns you for some absurd reason.

Will be on for a good few hours yet, as I want to prestige before this week is out. Not too far off now, so will fight through the inevitable fits of rage that are yet to come!

Anyone know the answer to this, I purchased elite in may, now that is billed as 12 months subscription to elite services, how does this work when black ops2 comes out ?? will I have elite with that now till next May or will I need to get elite again ??

Elite is being overhauled for BlOps2 and as yet, details of Elite 2.0 have not been forthcoming. I would expect that existing memberships will simply roll over into Elite 2.0.

What I do know is, as things stand, neither the hardened or prestige editions will give you access to Elite this year.

The prestige edition comes in it's own care package style case.

Care Package (Xbox 360/PS3)

• Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Remote Controlled MQ-27 Dragonfire Drone
  • Nuketown Zombies Bonus Map
  • Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map
  • Collectible 2-Sided SteelBook -- limited edition game case with artwork
  • (2) Challenge Coins -- limited edition coins that serve as keys to exclusive digital content
  • Weapon Camo -- multiplayer weapon skin
  • (2) Player Card Backgrounds
  • Official Call of Duty: Black Ops II Soundtrack
  • Xbox LIVE CLAW Avatar Prop
  • Xbox LIVE Zombies Avatar Costume
  • PlayStation 3 version includes two dynamic themes

Hardened Edition (Xbox 360/PS3)

• Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Nuketown Zombies Bonus Map
  • Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map
  • Collectible 2-Sided SteelBook -- limited edition game case with artwork
  • (2) Challenge Coins -- limited edition coins that serve as keys to exclusive digital content
  • Weapon Camo -- multiplayer weapon skin
  • (2) Player Card Backgrounds
  • Official Call of Duty: Black Ops II Soundtrack
  • Xbox LIVE CLAW Avatar Prop
  • Xbox LIVE Zombies Avatar Costume
  • PlayStation 3 version includes two dynamic themes

Game are doing the hardened edition for £59.99 and the prestige edition for £159.99.

Seen the hardened edition a little cheaper on Amazon, but have not yet seen anyone else carry the prestige edition.

I've pre-ordered the standard edition for both PS3 and Xbox.

Tell you what was a bit of a glitch, I downloaded the new elite drop maps, about 8 of them when I was on my mates xbox360, after I signed and he signed in, he got to play the maps and then when I got to ours I just downloaded them again from the store and now we both ahve them.

You can do this on PSN as well.

A PSN purchase give you installs on 3 different machines if I remember rightly.

• 1 month later...