You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Allan

As this is all but announced for release this year, I thought I'd get an early thread started to contain speculation and official announcements/teaser trailers.

From what I've read on the net, there is due to be an official announcement and teaser trailer released sometime this month.

Rumour has it that MW3 will be a prequel, and that Ghost will return as a main character in the campaign.

There are also whispers that the release date will be 11/11/2011, so it will, as expected, go head to head against Battle Field 3.

The game is being developed by Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software and what remains of Infinity Ward.

Interestingly, those who broke away from IW and formed Respawn Entertainment, are currently pursuing retention of the Modern Warfare naming rights, though in all likelihood, Activision will win that particular battle.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it going to be Treyarch again do you know mate? or back to infinity ward?

It's a combination of Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software and the remains of Infinity Ward.

Activision always alternate the CoD developers, so next year will be Treyarch again, no doubt with Black Ops 2.

It's remembrance day byrnie.

On a side note Black Ops this afternoon if you fancy it?

I didn't see the release date, that's why I was baffled. That is a shocking day to release it.

Not sure if I'll be on mate, I have a few things to do, but if I get home early enough I'll jump on.

As I said in the OP, those are just whispers regarding the proposed release date.

There is also no confirmed release date for Battlefield 3 either, as yet, but I've read that the 2 won't be far apart, and both will be released in November.

As this is all but announced for release this year, I thought I'd get an early thread started to contain speculation and official announcements/teaser trailers.

From what I've read on the net, there is due to be an official announcement and teaser trailer released sometime this month.

Rumour has it that MW3 will be a prequel, and that Ghost will return as a main character in the campaign.

There are also whispers that the release date will be 11/11/2011, so it will, as expected, go head to head against Battle Field 3.

The game is being developed by Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software and what remains of Infinity Ward.

Interestingly, those who broke away from IW and formed Respawn Entertainment, are currently pursuing retention of the Modern Warfare naming rights, though in all likelihood, Activision will win that particular battle.

Rumour has it that you are the gayest Man/Boy/Girl/Lady to ever breathe this worlds sweet sweet air.

• 4 weeks later...

There's been a massive leak of information regarding MW3, covering just about all aspects of the upcoming game.

Obviously this information may not be 100% accurate, but it appears to me that this as is genuine as we're likely to get, beyond Activision actually supplying the info themselves. Who knows? Perhaps Activision initiated the leak?

Anyway, as the link I'm about to provide does contain spoilers for the campaign, please only check the link out if youre not too bothered about the spoilers.

Leaked Info - Modern Warfare 3 (Includes Spoilers).

3z_PR4Tg0fM

Forgot to mention this earlier, but the anticipated release date for MW3 is 8/11/11, and not the 11th as first was rumoured.

Also should say that the article regarding the leaked information that I've posted, is an extension to the link that Mendoza had already posted. (Must pay more attention).

Activision have some sort of online portal up their sleeves for this.

Project Beachhead is being developed to go hand in hand with MW3.

I've heard speculation that this online portal will be for micro transactions where people can purchase items for customisation purposes.

Not a great deal is really known about this as yet, but I'm sure we'll get some proper info soon enough.