You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I don't hate Everton the club or their fans. I do know one or two of their utter knob fans though, the type who are obsessed with LFC and in particular anything associated with LFC that is seen as negative, such as the Firmino and bus incidents last season. They can't wait to wade in, blowing them out of all proportion with references to "our city" and all that shit. I just feel embarrassed for them I genuinely do.

Does anyone actually hate Everton? As a supporter I'd find it hard to really hate a club which is far less successful than the one I follow. They're just annoying, really and I don't even live in  the city.

Yeah, I do. Really hate them. I car share to work with Blues and they are fucking horrible. I won’t talk footy with them unless they start it, they talk more about us than them, even amongst each other, and it’s NEVER positive. They can never bring themselves to say anything positive about us. I work in Wales, there’s Manc fans, Chelsea, Spurs and Everton, even a couple of Stoke! And the Everton fans are, by far, the worse. I have good mates that are Blue but can’t talk footy with them as they just can’t hide their hatred for us, ends up just creating a bad atmosphere mentioning Heysel, walls, Norwegians and all the usual shit. I don’t understand anyone that doesn’t hate them after some of the shit from them over the last few years especially. The bad atmosphere has certainly increased over the last decade or so. As has my dislike of them. Yeah, some did ok regarding Hillsborough, bill kenwright spoke well too, but they are very much in the minority now. They hate us more than anything else and I fully reciprocate that hatred.

‘As a supporter I'd find it hard to really hate a club which is far less successful than the one I follow.’

I don’t get that logic either. Are we only allowed to hate Clubs that are as/more successful than ours?

If you don’t live in the city you won’t really get why they are so tiresome and pathetic, I can’t say that all are bad because I know some good Evertonians but there are a large number who just exist to hate Liverpool, these are the worst because they are on another level to the ones who simply dislike us because we are their main rivals. These are the ones I will point blank refuse to talk to about football because it affects every part of their lives.

If you get onto the subject of Liverpool they turn into some massive confrontation and let their hatred of Liverpool cloud their judgement and go on about the same things over and over again, it’s like engaging with a bitter ex  bringing up things you’ve done from years ago and never letting it go. Even when they are wrong in the face of overwhelming evidence they refuse to believe they are wrong, look at Derek Hatton who publicly accused Firmino of being racist and has never admitted he was wrong when he was found not guilty. They go on about Heysel but distort everything that happened to the point that it was a planned attack to murder a load of Italians without provocation and push a wall on them (if any Evertonians are reading, this isn’t me excusing what happened but it didn’t happen the way most of them believe it did).  If you have a go back at them they will accuse you of being obsessed about them which is ironic given that they would have started off the conversation. They’ve always got an opinion on Liverpool, be it the amount of money the club spends, the character of the players, the fans behaviour, the stadium development, the local residents etc. That’s just them having a football opinion though and not them being obsessed.

Their weirdness and pettiness over anything involving us is legendary. Grown men I know actually refuse to wear the colour red, refuse to get into red taxis, ban people wearing it at their weddings, go mental if YNWA or Ring of Fire gets played and even hate saying the name of the city. I am sure a lot of them see hating Liverpool as an important part of being an Evertonian and go to great lengths to prove it. They don’t have any other rivalry with other clubs so we are their sole source of hatred. They are scared to death of letting themselves go incase they do anything that remotely resembles being similar to a Kopite and just constantly go on about how embarrassing they think our fans are. I think it was mentioned once that they are like the person who goes out, doesn’t drink, doesn’t dance, doesn’t chat women up but sits there taking the piss out of people all night because they would rather buzz off others looking stupid whilst being aloof and above everything.

These Everton fans have constantly lived in a perpetual state of moral outrage as if the rest of the football sell outs owed them some sort of debt of gratitude for being the last moral guardians of the Corinthian spirit, reminding us all that only they actually represent the last bastion of what supporting a "real" football club used to mean. They will talk about it monotonously and repeat it to anyone that will listen, like no other club has existed, or anyone else’s achievements somehow pale into insignificance. Liverpool could have won the Champions League for the last ten years with only academy players but Evertonians would still pick it apart and discredit it.  

Their history basically revolves around these main points – leaving Anfield and never shutting up about it, Dixie Dean, The Holy Trinity and then the 1985 team. They were completely irrelevant for most of the 1970’s and early 80’s. Apart from winning the FA Cup they have done very little since 1987, they’ve barely won a derby the last 20 years, they were lucky not to be relegated twice in the 1990’s. However, once they believed that Moshiri was the deep pocketed Messiah they dropped all their Corinthian spirit and moral high ground and went on about how rich they were. They laugh at us not winning the league since 1990 but they haven’t won it since 1987 but for some reason this is irrelevant.

• Upvote 7

You can't generalise but Evertonians tend to be the scum of Liverpool. If a plumber rips an old lady off you can bet good money he's got z cars on his phone. If Evertonians were in Lord of the rings they'd have sided with Sauron, without doubt.

'Wicked menses'

• Upvote 2

You can't generalise but Evertonians tend to be the scum of Liverpool. If a plumber rips an old lady off you can bet good money he's got z cars on his phone. If Evertonians were in Lord of the rings they'd have sided with Sauron, without doubt.

'Wicked menses'

One bitterness to rule them all, one cuckoo clock to find them,

One half-season ticket to bring them all and in Taff's Tavern bind them

• Upvote 16

They are comedy gold over on GOT

"For a team supposedly a million miles away from us their fears about avrevived Everton border on almost paranoia. They’ve happily sat back and watched United City Chelsea Arsenal all move ahead of them yet when we’ve even had a half decent team they completely lose it looking to discredit us in any way possible.

This hasn't happened for over 30 years.

Barcelona trying to hijack the Malcolm deal

Also Lookman to Leipzig agreed for 15ml

Fucking nuts that

Sell Lookman for 15ml and sign Richarlson for 50.

Like the look of Lookman,could easy see Klopp keeping a eye on him for a year or two

• Upvote 1

They are comedy gold over on GOT

Two-thirds of their period in existence they have been second best. They know it and it leaves an indelible mark. They can talk all they want about 18/5. That collective memory wont be erased."

Two-thirds of our history is 83 years.  Apparently, we have been second-best in all but 42 years.

From 1892 to 1963, both teams won 5 league titles each.  In the 55 years since then, I will allow 3 years (70, 85 and 87) in which they were better than us.  We were the better team in the other 52 years.

I'm not convinced that this person has checked his maths. 

'Wicked menses'

Derr Redshite are all with gondor, lid.  We've got some hard as fuck Uruk-hai to fucking swat those horsetwats and dem uppity pearly city pricks with being all buddy buddy with der redshite.