You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Might have been on here or somewhere else i read it but it was spot on...

Everton seem to be constantly claiming that their problems lie more in the funding of the new stadium and they should be excused as such.....But is just bollocks - If you live in a ramshackle wooden shack and don't have a pot to piss in, how is it either credible or creditable to announce that you've decided to build a 6 bedroom mansion to live in?

15 minutes ago, an tha said:

"GP" does not seem too bright judging by that thread.

A follower of le tissier, not bright? I don't believe it.

What next, Joey Barton's followers turning out to be a bunch of weird racist misogynists?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

They believe that if 777 do get to take them over that they'll simply get all Genoa's good players.

That's taking the cake. 

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

"GP" does not seem too bright judging by that thread.

Bet he, like loads of them recently has been using  big legal terms like

Unduly harsh

No legal basis

Inherently biased

Yet has no idea what any of it means then starts bleating on about the Super League. 

32 minutes ago, an tha said:

Everton seem to be constantly claiming that their problems lie more in the funding of the new stadium and they should be excused as such.....But is just bollocks - If you live in a ramshackle wooden shack and don't have a pot to piss in, how is it either credible or creditable to announce that you've decided to build a 6 bedroom mansion to live in?

This is what I've said to loads of them. They could have built a stadium far cheaper elsewhere yet wanted to make a massive statement and chose a ridiculously expensive, over long and complicated site to build on. Their financial situation is as a result of their own vanity. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

This is what I've said to loads of them. They could have built a stadium far cheaper elsewhere yet wanted to make a massive statement and chose a ridiculously expensive, over long and complicated site to build on. Their financial situation is as a result of their own vanity. 

Spunking nearly all their revenue on wages for dross rejected by bigger clubs, and having to pay off multiple managers and back room staff won't exactly have helped either. They just couldn't accept what years of mismanagement have left them as- a mid to lower league table club at best.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What's great is they will have been fucked on it for ffp this season and only deferred payment for cashflow reasons, giving any new owner a time bomb. Except there may not be a new owner and they're running at such a loss, you could well see this as the thing that trips them into administration. It's fucking hilarious 

Don't be fair to them Ronnie. They weren't even the best team in their postcode in 1986, let alone the whole of Europe. 

White sox and cubs to that list too. And I know fuck all about American sport and that was right off the top of my head. They're absolutely mental. 

Honestly, what will we do when they're gone? 

You’ve mistaken “being in the same city” with “wearing similar garments” there mate.

2 hours ago, aws said:

777 drop out. Administration ten points deducted. Relegation.  End up like Charlton in League 1. 

Then 777 but them anyway for buttons and still add them to their stables of basket cases.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Yeah, I'm not sure that's a boost.

Everton receive £30m funding boost

Everton have been provided a further £30m in funding from prospective owners 777 Partners, taking the total loan from the American investment firm to £180m.

The company agreed to purchase owner Farhad Moshiri’s 94% stake in September, but are will awaiting approval of the takeover from the Premier League.

777 were aiming to complete the deal before Christmas but checks remain ongoing and are hopeful of a resolution this month.

Everton’s appeal hearing over their 10-point deduction began this week and an outcome should be revealed by mid-February.

Fuck knows how they repay £180m debt.  It's not like they can sell off the silverware.

43 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I was saying stuff like that from Day One; back in the heady days of Chippy Tits saying they'd be playing there within two years.  I was laughed at and told my head had fallen off.

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

A fair and balanced view from another Evertonian.

There had been appaling VAR every season it's been in. They should be in the fucking championship for cheating so at least have the decency to keep quiet about things being a farce. The biggest farce is the acceptance of their covid losses which should be reviewed and the real points deduction added. 

A fair and balanced view from another Evertonian.

What is a team loses out on a title due to a VAR/refereeing decision? Would that be acceptable...

3 hours ago, an tha said:

The FFP experts of GOT have always insisted that the stadium costs were exempt from the FFP / PSR calculations when asked if that would cause them any grief.

Wonder what happened there 

I was down there the other day and give them their due, it does look impressive from the outside now it’s taking shape but the wind down there was unreal and it was fucking freezing. Turn left when you come out and it’s a horrible place to be down there but you tell them this and it’s fingers in their ears time.

Theyre convinced they’ve created the new Dubai marina down there and it’s the 4th grace now.