You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

God bless them, and the entertainment they bring.

I can see it being sold to a third party and us renting it back. To stave off financial Armageddon.

Said this a while back but worth reiterating, I can't see anyone shelling out 500 million to buy a stadium with one natural tenant. Without a football club it's hard to see how it makes the return that investors would look for. That means they would be held to ransom by us as much as we would by them. When calculating the risks what would happen if we did decide to leave might make it a no go if they aren't confident bagging 7/8/9+ huge gigs per year. 

If the RS did try to swoop in for it then we would almost certainly get Anfield and whilst we wouldn't be happy, it would pale into comparison to how they feel when the seats turn blue there. I'm thinking the fan reaction stops that dead.

Said this a while back but worth reiterating, I can't see anyone shelling out 500 million to buy a stadium with one natural tenant. Without a football club it's hard to see how it makes the return that investors would look for. That means they would be held to ransom by us as much as we would by them. When calculating the risks what would happen if we did decide to leave might make it a no go if they aren't confident bagging 7/8/9+ huge gigs per year.

If the RS did try to swoop in for it then we would almost certainly get Anfield and whilst we wouldn't be happy, it would pale into comparison to how they feel when the seats turn blue there. I'm thinking the fan reaction stops that dead.
Honestly i cant see us moving into Analfield ever being a valid option. Ill park this along with Danjumas flights from Liverpool to Manchester as being a joke.
Realistically i dont think Liverpool would want BMD, although they may be well jell about the iconic location, while they fester at Stanley Park...... expansion opportunities are limited at BMD due to site constraints. They are not going to want to drop capacity by 10k.

They would buy BMD and have the ladies side play there - assuming they are not allowed to raise the roof and expand it which I fully expect they would be allowed to. Puts the nail in us for once and for all.

They can afford it and would mean ‘the city is theirs’.

They would buy BMD and have the ladies side play there - assuming they are not allowed to raise the roof and expand it which I fully expect they would be allowed to. Puts the nail in us for once and for all.

They couldn't afford it and wouldn't want to leave Anfield anyhow.

Honestly i cant see us moving into Analfield ever being a valid option. Ill park this along with Danjumas flights from Liverpool to Manchester as being a joke.
Realistically i dont think Liverpool would want BMD, although they may be well jell about the iconic location, while they fester at Stanley Park...... expansion opportunities are limited at BMD due to site constraints. They are not going to want to drop capacity by 10k.

As I said I don't think them moving to BMD is a starter so no we won't be moving to Anfield. However if in an alternate reality they did and we'd already flattened Goodison then it would be folly to think we wouldn't move there, else we have to build a whole new stadium for much more than what it would cost to buy the land. For as much as it's theirs remember we won our first league title at that ground. And just for the bantz of defacing all that's there it would be worth it. All moot though as it should never happen.
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I'd hate Liverpool to ever have to leave Anfield, the history there, the location, everything. 

The best football teams this club has produced were during the mid to late 80's when the city was damaged by unemployment and privatisation, leading to much reduced capacities, we've since won everything on sub-50K capacities - its all dick swinging, this size of our/your stadium nonsense, usually from lads online who've never tried to get away from a game handily on the numbers as they are. 

One guy on Peoplesclub said last week he had a contact at the club and the deduction was going to be suspended for 2 years. This info is before the hearing has took place.

They all got a bit giddy so this news of naughty step is good to hear.

They are fucked and I'm loving it.

8 hours ago, Tenfolder said:

Hopefully they get a stiffer punishment for their 2nd breach in a row and Forest get a similar punishment to their first so as to prove a point but I suspect this will be yet another one that is dragged out and only applied next season again, if anything is to even come of it.

What I also don't get about this lots fans are this excitement for 777 partners, it doesn't take a genius to do 5 minutes googling and see just what these guys are about and how they'll fuck Everton even harder than it already than they are if/when they somehow end up in charge.

I've been saying for a while. This whole dead cat routine the club have run around the points deduction is to distract their fans from the sale to 777. They are the worst possible owners for them, but moshiris best option. They were on the right track going after their board and ownership last year and this has got them completely off the hook, with their fans too busy holding pink cards with #corrupt on it than trying to fight the armageddon in front of them. 

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Any point deduction and appeals have to be completed by april from what I read last week. Any deduction will be on the same scale of points to millions over. Be interesting how bad it is. Once they have to start paying these 777 crooks back the interest rates will be mental they are paying out in just loans

They're already paying interest at 18%. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Just a point on 777 Partners - if they are approved they’ll convert their loans to equity. If they don’t, that’s when it gets bad for Everton.

Will they do that? I thought their MO was pretty much load their assets with debt?

55 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yep, pretty sure it's that easy. No further risks or consequences whatsoever...

Screenshot_20240115-081556.png

The first thing that will go to creditors will see as an asset is the stadium. I've said since this whole thing started I thought they'd end up like Valencia. It looks like I was wrong and they're more like Coventry. 

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I can see it being sold to a third party and us renting it back. To stave off financial Armageddon.

As I said I don't think them moving to BMD is a starter so no we won't be moving to Anfield. However if in an alternate reality they did and we'd already flattened Goodison then it would be folly to think we wouldn't move there, else we have to build a whole new stadium for much more than what it would cost to buy the land. For as much as it's theirs remember we won our first league title at that ground. And just for the bantz of defacing all that's there it would be worth it. All moot though as it should never happen.

And this is grown men coming up with these scenarios?

I am so jealous of their wank banks, must be some stunning stuff in there 

The idea we would want BMD is laughable, why the fuck would we want to play there? Smaller stadium, waterfront location is great for postcards, but not for wind spoiling the football and flooding down the line with global warming. And we'd lose that whole legend of anfield. It's preposterous. 

The only way I would see our owners want that would be to buy it is for the women's team and maybe then invest in the surrounding area as I understand they have with Fenway. They could easily still lease it to the bloos too. It could be quite lucrative in that regard. Effectively almost taking the windfall Everton want to make from BMD out of their pockets and put into ours. And Moshiri wouldn't give a shit if he thought it was a better deal for him and Kenwright is no longer there to block it. 

But clearly the most likely outcome is one or a consortium of the crooks they've got as creditors will end up owning it and leasing it back to them at an extortionate rate. 

16 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Hang on, he's accusing everyone else of being crooks? The people they owe money to? 

Everton Logic (c) 

Vultures, mate 

Only out for what they can get (back).

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Absolute farts 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Yep, pretty sure it's that easy. No further risks or consequences whatsoever...

Screenshot_20240115-081556.png

I think it was MikeH72 that had a pop at @Captain Turdseye about his username.

I'm going to make a prediction that MIkeH72 is a bloke called Mike, with a Surname that begins with H and he was born in the year 1972. About as creative as Everton's accountant! 

• Haha 1