You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

9 hours ago, Tenfolder said:

Id honestly totally forgot he was even on loan there, given all the furore around him being a great potential player he seemingly couldnt even get consistent game time for this lot.

I read yesterday in L’Equipe that Danjuma is heading to Lyon.

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, would make you wonder how that works in a football club, because relegation is a factor. Surely you can't drain money back out quickly enough before completely fucking the club? Unless of course the money going in has come from illicit sources and the mechanism is no more than a laundry?

You have to think through this process they've had with Everton, even if they don't get ownership of the club, they will end up with the stadium. 

Aye, they’re already into 777 for £150m. Wonder what the interest is on that if the takeover falls through?

Then again, I wonder what the interest will be once they own the club outright? 

They’re fucking shysters without a doubt. Everton are fucked either way. God bless Farhad Moshiri. He’s left us with some fantastic memories and he’s determined to sell out to a bunch of vulture capitalists. He’s a good man, is Mosh. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Aye, they’re already into 777 for £150m. Wonder what the interest is on that if the takeover falls through?

They’re fucking shysters without a doubt. Everton are fucked either way. God bless Farhad Moshiri. He’s left us with some fantastic memories and he’s determined to sell out to a bunch of vulture capitalists. He’s a good man, is Mosh. 

Yeah, there's some batshit stuff going on there. What they're doing at the moment seems to be about the equivalent of building a new home with pay day loans. 

18 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It's almost like we wrote the script for them, couldn't have gone better.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So... If it's £150m at 18%, that's £27m a year in interest alone.  Is that right?  Because that's deep into "fear for them" territory if it's anything like that.

Somebody called Duncan Donuts asked that question on GOT earlier. The latest reply says it’s either 18% or 20%. There isn’t much chat about it over there really. 

53 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Somebody called Duncan Donuts asked that question on GOT earlier. The latest reply says it’s either 18% or 20%. There isn’t much chat about it over there really. 

That Donuts lad is the only one who talks any sense over there.

• Haha 3

Used to play Championship manager years ago and I'd always take over Everton and the Mancs, sell all their decent players and buy utter shite at a loss and skint them. I think Moshiri is better at this game in real life and with his mates money. The Glazers to a lesser extent.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

For context, according to their 2021/22 accounts, their total matchday income was £12.46m.

10 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Ha ha brilliant H. Try as hard as I can but I just can't imagine going in the Brick mate.

I went in there about 20 years ago before it became the epicentre of bitterness worship. Like the apartment rooftop in Ghostbusters. 

It did actually used to be called the Red brick and was covered in red and gold. They soon put a stop to that. Presumably around 8/9 years after Heysel and need to blame us for being shit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So... If it's £150m at 18%, that's £27m a year in interest alone.  Is that right?  Because that's deep into "fear for them" territory if it's anything like that.

you also need to remember that they owe image & media rights 200m at 12% and MSP Capital £150m at an undisclosed rate from just this summer, but it is likely to be more than the 12% they pay IMR, as they signed up to that loan to avoid administration prior to the MSP Cap takeover deal falling through. £500m at probably an average rate of about 15% - that's before we talk about the £490m the owe the Mosh.

So on their shitty 200m turnover (last accounts were just 180m), they are probably paying about £75m on interest repayment.

At the start of the season they needed an addition 20m per month to survive and keep building the stadium until december 2024. but as each month passes, their interest repayments keep increasing - so in September they need 20m, but now that is probably about £22.5m with the additional interest repayments. it is genuinely a miracle they are still here and it is astonishing 777 keep loading money in when they seem pretty much unable to do that around the rest of their portfolio. they need beak sales to increase across the states. 

18 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Used to play Championship manager years ago and I'd always take over Everton and the Mancs, sell all their decent players and buy utter shite at a loss and skint them. I think Moshiri is better at this game in real life and with his mates money. The Glazers to a lesser extent.

haha, fucking hell Harry, that is some everton level bitterness that! you'll be changing your user name to Harry1892 at this rate. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I went in there about 20 years ago before it became the epicentre of bitterness worship. Like the apartment rooftop in Ghostbusters. 

It did actually used to be called the Red brick and was covered in red and gold. They soon put a stop to that. Presumably around 8/9 years after Heysel and need to blame us for being shit. 

years ago we used to go in the brick for a pint before catching coaches from barnes for away games. they used to open early for reds back then. 

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

years ago we used to go in the brick for a pint before catching coaches from barnes for away games. they used to open early for reds back then. 

My auntie had the Clock on St Domingo years ago and when the Irish came over Blues or Reds they would get there early hours of Saturday or Sunday and she would have sausage or bacon sarnies for them. They would stay till 20 minutes before the game drinking. She made a lot of money.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

you also need to remember that they owe image & media rights 200m at 12% and MSP Capital £150m at an undisclosed rate from just this summer, but it is likely to be more than the 12% they pay IMR, as they signed up to that loan to avoid administration prior to the MSP Cap takeover deal falling through. £500m at probably an average rate of about 15% - that's before we talk about the £490m the owe the Mosh.

So on their shitty 200m turnover (last accounts were just 180m), they are probably paying about £75m on interest repayment.

At the start of the season they needed an addition 20m per month to survive and keep building the stadium until december 2024. but as each month passes, their interest repayments keep increasing - so in September they need 20m, but now that is probably about £22.5m with the additional interest repayments. it is genuinely a miracle they are still here and it is astonishing 777 keep loading money in when they seem pretty much unable to do that around the rest of their portfolio. they need beak sales to increase across the states. 

haha, fucking hell Harry, that is some everton level bitterness that! you'll be changing your user name to Harry1892 at this rate. 

I thought everyone did this?. Most reds I know always used to do this mainly to the Mancs. 

My mate who is an Evertonian still does it even now. The version I played on was just some shit spreadsheet version. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I thought everyone did this?. Most reds I know always used to do this mainly to the Mancs. 

My mate who is an Evertonian still does it even now. The version I played on was just some shit spreadsheet version. 

i haven't played those games for years, but it never crossed my mind to do that. it was far more important to take carlisle to champions league success! 

18 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

i haven't played those games for years, but it never crossed my mind to do that. it was far more important to take carlisle to champions league success! 

Yeah, I'd do that sort of thing a few times and then get bored, so I'd start managing Man United (who, if you remember, were a good side way back then), sell all their good players and pad them out with Left Backs from League Two.  Occasionally, I'd leave one of their megastars at Man United, just to see if he was still as good surrounded by shite.

• Haha 1