You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I still can’t believe they sing that spirit of the blues song. It sounds like the theme music to a shite 90s kids programme. Woooohhhh

It’s absolutely, without doubt and without the usual attached bias, the worst song I’ve ever fucking heard, accompanied by music or just a Capella. When it’s used as a background for videos I get really annoyed as I don’t expect it - that fucking guitar opening on it has a pit of irritation in my stomach immediately. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Curly said:

It’s absolutely, without doubt and without the usual attached bias, the worst song I’ve ever fucking heard, accompanied by music or just a Capella. When it’s used as a background for videos I get really annoyed as I don’t expect it - that fucking guitar opening on it has a pit of irritation in my stomach immediately. 

A million times this. 

18 minutes ago, Curly said:

Shut up you miserable cunt

"It's good news, for the Blues" 

cowboy-thrust.gif

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Manny said:

I always think it sounds like the theme tune to auf wiedersehen pet.

I realise you mean the closing theme 'living alright' as opposed to the opening one 'breaking away' but it just so happens by coincidence i came across a video of Tim Healy singing 'breaking away' just today - i had been watching some auf wiedersehen episodes and it popped up on my youtube.

Didn't realise he was musically proficient - i thought it was a really decent and very affecting effort.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

I realise you mean the closing theme 'living alright' as opposed to the opening one 'breaking away' but it just so happens by coincidence i came across a video of Tim Healy singing 'breaking away' just today - i had been watching some auf wiedersehen episodes and it popped up on my youtube.

Didn't realise he was musically proficient - i thought it was a really decent and very affecting effort.

Yeah he played the clubs in a band called half a shilling

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, an tha said:

He did some smashing karaoke numbers on benidorm! 

9 hours ago, niallers said:

The irony of the lyrics "we don't know the meaning of losing"!

If there's any team on the planet that knows more than most about the meaning of losing, its that lot.

They never lose, they are cheated and then just run out of time. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Curly said:

I’ll be honest, I think it’s ace and sing it regularly. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, an tha said:

Isn't his lad in a band also?

Gary Holton, also in auf wiederhesen pet, was the lead singer in Heavy Metal Kids. Saw them at the Stadium with him gobbing on the crowd and opening an umbrella when his behaviour was rewarded in the manner you’d expect. A forerunner of Punk. 

Not sure why that’s relevant but ive got it off my chest anyway. Bit like the concert