You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is 4th still possible

BRAP

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Kenny came in we have got 9 more points than City and 7 more than Spurs.

There are 8 games left and we play both at home, of course its possible.

I`m actually pretty certain that if we dont already have overtaken Spurs we will do that when we play them at home in our last home game of the season.

City are possible as well, but I think having Adam Johnson back will help them improve so it will be difficult, but no way impossible.

Slightly off topic. What happens with the Europa league places if spurs were to finish fifth but win the champions league?

Back on topic. I think we've left ourselves with just too much to do. Especially looking at citys fixtures.

Spuds go into the CL at the expense of those in 4th spot.

Mathmatically yes in reality no.

8 points behind with 8 to play. Too much to make up in my opinion and I'm normally really pessimistic about our chances.

Lets say Arsenal beat Tottenham in their game in hand, which is not unlikely. If we beat City, while Spurs wins that round. In the round we beat Spurs we assume that City takes three points. That would make the following standing pool 51, Spurs 52 and City 56. With 6 games to play, that is not unlikely. We will finish above psurs for sure, as they have several hard matches left. City have a a few potential upsets on their hand as they play some of the relegationbattling sides. This is not likely, but definitely not impossible. The problem is if e beat the likes of WBA without Agger, Suarez and Gerrard...

Slightly off topic. What happens with the Europa league places if spurs were to finish fifth but win the champions league?

Back on topic. I think we've left ourselves with just too much to do. Especially looking at citys fixtures.

They have to go through Real Madrid and Barcelona to get to the final. I don't really think we have to worry about that.

2 Apr 2011 WBA A

11 Apr 2011 Man City H

17 Apr 2011 Arsenal A

23 Apr 2011 Birmingham H

May 2011

1 May 2011 N'castle H

7 May 2011 Fulham A

15 May 2011 Tottenham H

22 May 2011 Villa A

The two toughest games could very well be our next and our last.

West Brom fighting relegation and Woy trying to embarass us. And ironically enough, another former boss Houllier perhaps trying to avoid the drop on the last day.

Arsenal look like bottling every game at the moment, so we could easily nick it at their place.

City and Spurs at home, no problem.

So, hopes could all evaporate as early as The Hawthorns, but for the moment... fuck it, why not?

Im wary of writing Spurs off to be honest. I remember around this time last year thinking we'd overtake them easy given the fixtures they had left, but then they beat the Scum, Arsenal(?), Chelsea(?) and City and ended up taking fourth. I'm going by memory here regarding their exact opponents but I just remember them having a tough bunch of fixtures and sailing through the lot of them.

I know they have the CL distraction this year, but they seem a more resilient bunch of twats than they were back in the days they shit their pants (literally) when 4th was up for grabs.

I think it's a few bridges too far, but what a tribute to the effects of Kenny's return that we're even considering it right now.

If the correct choice had been made last summer we'd be in second or third place now and several million pounds better off.

Im wary of writing Spurs off to be honest. I remember around this time last year thinking we'd overtake them easy given the fixtures they had left, but then they beat the Scum, Arsenal(?), Chelsea(?) and City and ended up taking fourth. I'm going by memory here regarding their exact opponents but I just remember them having a tough bunch of fixtures and sailing through the lot of them.

I know they have the CL distraction this year, but they seem a more resilient bunch of twats than they were back in the days they shit their pants (literally) when 4th was up for grabs.

I'm pretty sure that Spurs haven't won a single damn game following a CL week.

Guest simon

Spurs:

02 Sat Away Wigan Athletic Barclays Premier League 15:00 win

09 Sat Home Stoke City Barclays Premier League 15:00 win

20 Wed Home Arsenal Barclays Premier League 19:45 lose

23 Sat Home West Brom Barclays Premier League 15:00 draw

30 Sat Away Chelsea Barclays Premier League 17:30 draw

May 2011

07 Sat Home Blackpool Barclays Premier League 15:00 win

15 Sun Away Liverpool Barclays Premier League 15:00 draw

22 Sun Home Birmingham Barclays Premier League 16:00 win

TBC Away Man City Barclays Premier League TBC lose

City:

03 April 2011 16:00 H Sunderland Barclays Premier League win

11 April 2011 20:00 A Liverpool Barclays Premier League win

16 April 2011 17:15 H Manchester United FA Cup sponsored by E ON draw

25 April 2011 20:00 A Blackburn Rovers Barclays Premier League win

May 11

01 May 2011 16:10 H West Ham United Barclays Premier League lose

07 May 2011 15:00 A Everton Barclays Premier League win

14 May 2011 15:00 H Stoke City Barclays Premier League win

22 May 2011 15:00 A Bolton Wanderers Barclays Premier League

Win

Liverpool

2 Apr 2011 WBA A draw

11 Apr 2011 Man City H lose

17 Apr 2011 Arsenal A win

23 Apr 2011 Birmingham H win

May 2011

1 May 2011 N'castle H win

7 May 2011 Fulham A win

15 May 2011 Tottenham H draw

22 May 2011 Villa win

Make of it what you will.

Spurs 15

City 18

LFV 17

It's a huge ask but it's definitely possible. We'll need to keep our best players fit though. If we do then I think we will win the majority of our games. We will have to beat Spurs and City as well of course. I'd be very surprised if we did it, but we should definitely be aiming for it.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Im wary of writing Spurs off to be honest.

Exaclty. Because ...

I'm pretty sure that Spurs haven't won a single damn game following a CL week.

This is a myth. Their record after CL games is far better than the likes of Tomkins try and make out, and ...

They have to go through Real Madrid and Barcelona to get to the final. I don't really think we have to worry about that.

We did! We've beaten both en-route.