You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the ref when they played Spurs reported the fact Rooney called him a "fuckin wanker", didn't notice him getting into bother over that either, corrupt cunts

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, you could lip read him saying that very clearly. Disgraceful.

It wasn't always thus.

[YOUTUBE]gKAlChCilUc[/YOUTUBE]

Always cracks me up seeing that, just for the absolutely perfect "hang on, did he just..." look that Kim Milton Nielsen gives him, he's utterly astonished at just how stupid Rooney actually is.

Well, that settles it then - A:) We KNOW United and the FA are in corrupt cahoots - We Thought it before; THAT disgrace? Just goes to Prove it...........

B:) More importantly - WATCH Rooney on Sunday and Tomorrow night - At either Anfield or Stamford Bridge now I GUARANTEE you - He'll either get elbowed/similarly assaulted to what He did to Mccarthy and carried off/subbed due to injury or?

And this is FAR more likely, he'll end up in a running battle/wound up All game long and get sent off; Or he will be attacked as mentioned above in order to goad him - He'll then blow up, retaliate and get the Red Card he so RICHLY deserves - It's nailed on that One of those things WILL happen and it wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard, Cole, Carragher, Carroll, Suarez or Lucas ends up being involved, maybe Kyrgiakos*. Mark my words...............

*If this happens tomorrow night? It WILL involved someone like Terry, Lampard, Essien, Cech or Drogba.

If you want to complain the the FA about this, then I've found a little corner on the FA's website which people have turned into a petition against this decision. I've added my two penneth worth. I think you should too.

Lets get Practical

For some reason the comments section didn't pick up my paragraph breaks which makes me look like a mong. I am displeased. Anyway, this is what I gave them:

It's been a long while since anyone took it seriously but even so, this weekend saw a new nadir for the laughable "respect" campaign.

The failure of the FA to take any retrospective action against either Wayne Rooney for his terrible assault on Wigan's James McCarthy in this weekend's match, or against the match official Mark Clattenburg who completely failed in his duty to protect the players, is nothing short of a disgrace.

Rooney is an appalling, thuggish, belligerent bully and like all bullies, he only has strength when people stand behind him. The FA have elevated this petulant man-child into a figurehead for the English game and I can't help but think that this is a contributing factor in both the man himself and his club manager repeatedly being allowed to get away with disgraceful behaviour that would rightly be punished in any other case.

This latest incident is the tip of the iceberg as far as Rooney is concerned. How the FA can continue to trumpet the achievements of the "respect" agenda in the face of his near-constant abuse of match officials, repeated displays of dissent and agricultural challenges on opponents is a source of wonder to me, indeed to most fans that I know.

Even set against his recent history though, Saturday's assault was in another category completely. A blatant and unprovoked attack from behind on a young player which occurred several yards away from the ball is not an incident which should be dealt with by a gentle cosseting from the match official; it is a clear red card offence with absolutely no mitigating factors.

It's to McCarthy's great credit that he didn't make more of the incident but the lesson he will have taken away from Saturday's game is that if you don't go to ground, players don't get booked. That should help the "respect" campaign out no end.

Given how dangerous the attack (I can't bring myself to call it a "challenge") was, Mark Clattenburg's disgraceful abdication of his responsibility to protect the players is another area for serious concern. Rooney's strike at the unprotected neck of an opponent could have had potentially serious consequences and this is exactly the reason that he should have been dismissed from the field of play.

If Clattenburg doesn't consider that it was sufficiently dangerous to merit a red card, I can only assume that he'd also be happy for Ashley Cole to brandish his air rifle on the pitch and take pot-shots at the opposition winger. Maybe he'd get a ticking off if he actually hit him?

The decision not to impose a ban on Rooney is nothing less than a joke and in taking that decision, the FA have shown themselves up to be exactly the same thing. Even worse, every time a player is allowed to get away with this kind of behaviour it merely reinforces the message that it's acceptable.

That in turn is the real barrier to improving the game for those of us who favour committed yet fair play - the fact that the chance to apply some moderation and consistency to punishments by the retrospective process is being squandered because even those measures aren't being applied with any more consistency than the often absurd decisions taken during matches.

How can people be expected to respect referees when the game's governing body seemingly prostitutes itself (no pun intended) for certain individuals? McCarthy is lucky that he didn't hear about this decision from his hospital bed, maybe the next player won't be so lucky.

Still, gotta sell those Wembley tickets, eh?

Too much?

Guest ShoePiss
Yes, you can do ridiculous. The suggestion that they were: "two completely different incidents, mainly because one involved a desire to get the ball and the other was pure malice" shows that. Just for reference, the ball was fifteen metres away at someone elses feet when Gerrard did his, Rooney was actually trying to get onto a loose pass and was blocked off on his. Don't let the actual facts spoil your view though. It was exactly the same motive with both though - don't try and block me - smash.

You haven't explained it but I agree, it would be pointless to say the above again.

Yawn. You're wrong, Brown purposely tries to block Gerrard's run and Gerrard raises his arm to fend him off. McCarthy has no idea where Rooney is, Rooney knows exactly what he's going to do and clocks him with his elbow.

Completely different.

He proved exactly who he was during the world cup last summer, and thats not even beginning to talk about his performances.

Agree with the comments on Hartson. Seen him doing the Celtic games for a couple of yeas now, very sensible pundit who speaks well.

From the article:

Whelan said: "It sends out a terrible message. Something is wrong when a top international like Rooney is seen doing something like this, as clear as day, and is allowed to get away without being punished.

"If it was any other club or player, you can bet your life he would have been sent off. But officials seem intimidated by the words 'Rooney' and 'United'.

"Manchester United are allowed to get away with things the rest of us get pulled up for. And you can't have one set of rules for one club and another for the rest.

"I don't care what the FA say about the matter being dealt with at the time by us getting a free-kick. They, and everyone else in football, know justice isn't being served here.

"The FA will be delighted they can hide behind their rules and let Rooney off, as they are frightened of taking sanctions against him and his club."

Great stuff from Whelan, that. Glad someone had the bollocks to say it.

From the article:

Great stuff from Whelan, that. Glad someone had the bollocks to say it.

Very surprised by this. Whelan is gay for Ferguson so this is a big surprise.

I bet they'll ask kenny about it at the pre-match presser. I'm already trying to pre-guess the biting comment we'll get. I bet he says that it is nothing to do with him, but then follows it with a nice little dig.

Very surprised by this. Whelan is gay for Ferguson so this is a big surprise.

I bet they'll ask kenny about it at the pre-match presser. I'm already trying to pre-guess the biting comment we'll get. I bet he says that it is nothing to do with him, but then follows it with a nice little dig.

Kenny will just tell them in his dignified way that it's got fuck all to do with us.

amazing words from one of ginsoak's lackeys. Obviously the threat of relegation is focusing his mind.

That is probably it. They have a half empty stadium even though they're in the top flight, and he's wondering just how bad gates will be if they drop down.

What shit coming out... the FA are powerless bullshit...Surely they have agreed with clattenberg to not proceed with it... all that he needs to say is he dealt with it at the time ...

Riley says clattenberg did right thing at the time in following the ball but then surely he didn't see the elbow ..so he needs to tell the FA he seen a coming togeather but missed the elbow.

Guys on other forums are now reporting to Greater manchester Police that they witnessed a assault on 0161 872 5050 that if the FA can let this thug away with it everytime then its about time the police got involved.

What shit coming out... the FA are powerless bullshit...Surely they have agreed with clattenberg to not proceed with it... all that he needs to say is he dealt with it at the time ...

Riley says clattenberg did right thing at the time in following the ball but then surely he didn't see the elbow ..so he needs to tell the FA he seen a coming togeather but missed the elbow.

Guys on other forums are now reporting to Greater manchester Police that they witnessed a assault on 0161 872 5050 that if the FA can let this thug away with it everytime then its about time the police got involved.

Haha how can you report that to the bizzies. Smacks of desperation