You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pidge

Ronaldo in full flow was something to behold. Forget the arguments about whether he was better than Van Basten, you'll always get a difference of opinion but every fan I've ever met would have him (both of them come to that) in their all time top five which pretty much confirms he's one of the best to ever play the game.

I don't know about that... I'd say Raul, while not as fast, is at least on a par overall.

It's crazy to think Raul, Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo all played in the same team. I disagree but Raul was excellent but Ronaldo was on another level. Good to see him doing well with Schalke. On a personal note he must be gutted to have missed out on Spains triumphs on the international stage. They have certainly been a better team without him.

He really was a genius and a true superstar. I remeber being in School and this fella was always the one everyone wanted to be. Those boots he wore at the World Cup in 98 were my pride and joy and took ages to find them. I remember wearing them for the first time for the school team and I thought I was the dogs bollocks. Scored and then nearly got crippled by someone.

dsfsdfvr0.jpg

He really was a genius and a true superstar. I remeber being in School and this fella was always the one everyone wanted to be. Those boots he wore at the World Cup in 98 were my pride and joy and took ages to find them. I remember wearing them for the first time for the school team and I thought I was the dogs bollocks. Scored and then nearly got crippled by someone.

Looks like you got the real deal then.

Regarding Raul. I really meant that. Raul is/was an astonishing footballer, a leader who could effectively captain a side of the biggest egos (and price-tags) from the front. Ronaldo is the on the ball attacker and one of the very best, but Raul thought his way through games, he had a sublime touch and great judgement. One of the greatest players in terms of how many rebounds and loose balls he put away as well, his positional sense was just pure intuition, he also put his game on the line for the sake of the team when needed, playing a few seasons as a top second striker rather than poacher. Mentally, he's on another level.

But, anyway, that's just me. This is about Bucky. Who was a bona fide legend himself.