You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

"Napoli must be careful not to lose a player like Lavezzi." translates as give him a pay rise or he is off.

Didn't he sign a new contract last summer?

Read more: Liverpool transfer news: Reds poised to bid for Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi, says agent - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

I have not seen loads on him but he doesnt seem to have huge amounts of pace,or a impressive goal scoring record,i know its not everything but if he was going to be part of a foward three surely we need to get some pace in there.

Many interesting players in Italy. Lavezzi, Pastore, Sanchez, Cavani, Hamsik, Zarate(?), Jovetic, Babacar(FM HERO) & Inler.

Nice list that. Pastore, Sanchez probably the ones that are the least likely to end up here, but nothing would make me happier!

Anything new on the Hazard \ Sanchez front?

Chelsea are after Sanchez and Hazard wants to go to either Arsenal or Madrid, according to the ITKs.

Anyone watched Porto-Villarreal yesterday? Hulk is simply awesome, qucik, strong, great crosser and also a goalscorer (he's best Liga Sagres goalscorer this season with 22goals) and he's a winger, can play right, left or as a striker. In my opinion a perfect Premier League type player, we should be in for him and I think he would suit us more than Hazard, Sanchez,.. Also Falcao was great yesterday.

I have not seen loads on him but he doesnt seem to have huge amounts of pace,or a impressive goal scoring record,i know its not everything but if he was going to be part of a foward three surely we need to get some pace in there.

Do you mean Lavezzi? The guy's incredibly quick, probably quicker than any of our players. That said, he's still a big no-no for me. He's just a quicker Baros for me. The guy never gets his head up, his eyes are always on the ball and his feet, and nothing else.

Anyone watched Porto-Villarreal yesterday? Hulk is simply awesome, qucik, strong, great crosser and also a goalscorer (he's best Liga Sagres goalscorer this season with 22goals) and he's a winger, can play right, left or as a striker. In my opinion a perfect Premier League type player, we should be in for him and I think he would suit us more than Hazard, Sanchez,.. Also Falcao was great yesterday.

We (and Arsenal) were offered Falcao for £5m before he went to Porto.

I haven't seen much of Hulk apart from his very unimpressive displays against United in the CL a few years ago - struck me as a bit lumbering then, but you can't argue with his form over the past few years, can you?!

Yup, and he went to Porto for 4,8M instead. I agree, I've seen Hulk a few years before and he never looked incredible but it seems that he has quite evolved in the past 2 years. He used to play as a striker, now he's a winger and it seems to suit him more.

We (and Arsenal) were offered Falcao for £5m before he went to Porto.

I haven't seen much of Hulk apart from his very unimpressive displays against United in the CL a few years ago - struck me as a bit lumbering then, but you can't argue with his form over the past few years, can you?!

Yup, and he went to Porto for 4,8M instead. I agree, I've seen Hulk a few years before and he never looked incredible but it seems that he has quite evolved in the past 2 years. He used to play as a striker, now he's a winger and it seems to suit him more.

One of the big problems in signing South American players is whether or not you need to obtain a work permit. The other, lesser known problem is how exactly those South American players are owned by their clubs.

Sure, River Plate were only looking for £5m, and judging by how well Falcao has done you'd have to wonder why no other clubs took the plunge. However, his previous club River Plate didn't hold 100% of his registration. Instead, there were various investors all with a vested interest in making money on any deal. It's such a dodgy minefield and no-one can be certain as to whom exactly is getting paid, so it's understandable why clubs like Liverpool have second thoughts.

Evidently, the likes of Porto and Benfica sign players like this all the time, partly because it's easier for the player to settle into a country with a similar culture and language to back home, but also because the top guys at Portuguese clubs are also the same people with influence on the country's government and economy. Getting involved in financial minefields is part of the reason why that country's economy is in tatters.

Reports in France claim Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux, a long-time target for Liverpool, has agreed a pre-contract deal to join the Merseysiders in the summer.

According to L'Sport, the 25-year-old, who has been out since November with a groin injury, is in the process of finalising a four-year deal with the option of a further 12 months depending on appearances.

Read more: Transfer news Liverpool agree pre-contract with Sylvain Marveaux, claims French press - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Chelsea are after Sanchez and Hazard wants to go to either Arsenal or Madrid, according to the ITKs.

Aye. Sanchez will probably end up at Chelsea, but if Hazard had to choose from us or Arsenal, I think he'd be tempted to play under Kenny, tbh..

And also..

Macedonian_Red. That the Macedonian_I_Know_It_All_Red from RAWK? Please no.

Guest TK-421
Offering a player, blighted by injuries who has only started 64 league games in 5 seasons, a 4 year contract is quite a risk if reports in France are accurate.

Four months for a groin injury sounds a long time.

Offering a player, blighted by injuries who has only started 64 league games in 5 seasons, a 4 year contract is quite a risk if reports in France are accurate.

I think it is totally unacceptable to offer a player with such a poor injury record a contract. We have been blighted by players made of glass over the last few years.