You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Aye. Sanchez will probably end up at Chelsea, but if Hazard had to choose from us or Arsenal, I think he'd be tempted to play under Kenny, tbh..

And also..

Macedonian_Red. That the Macedonian_I_Know_It_All_Red from RAWK? Please no.

No offence to kenny, but why would hazard be tempted to play under him more than Wenger? You have Wenger who speaks his language and who knows him personally? hazard has said in the past he wants to play for either real or arsenal as those are his 2 favourite teams. He also said:

'If I do leave at the end of the season, I don't want to go somewhere where I will be on the bench. I am young, not 20 until next month, and it will be difficult to break through in a team like Real, where Ronaldo and Kaka will be my competitors. But there are teams like Arsenal, where youngsters can grow more easily into the first team and make their mark.

And:

‘If I joined Inter or Barcelona and could play football there then that would be very good, but Real and Arsenal are really great and play at a very high technical level.’

No offence to kenny, but why would hazard be tempted to play under him more than Wenger? You have Wenger who speaks his language and who knows him personally? hazard has said in the past he wants to play for either real or arsenal as those are his 2 favourite teams. He also said:

'If I do leave at the end of the season, I don't want to go somewhere where I will be on the bench. I am young, not 20 until next month, and it will be difficult to break through in a team like Real, where Ronaldo and Kaka will be my competitors. But there are teams like Arsenal, where youngsters can grow more easily into the first team and make their mark.

And:

‘If I joined Inter or Barcelona and could play football there then that would be very good, but Real and Arsenal are really great and play at a very high technical level.’

If Arsenal stump up the cash he will go there, imo.

No offence to kenny, but why would hazard be tempted to play under him more than Wenger?

First and foremost, we are a bigger club. Secondly, if Hazard came here, he'd not only be a starter, he'd be a key key player whereas at Arsenal they have plenty of players in his position, and he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter.

Also, our football has not been to shabby since the Kings return, and I think he'd be very interested in playing here, but that could just be my wishful thinking. I would fucking love having him here, he's been quiet in the last couple of games for Lille, but I read some stat the other day about him being the player that has been fouled the most in the french league.

He is gonna be a star, hope he ends up being a star for us.

That being said, I wouldn't mind Sanchez coming here either ;)

And:

Think we are in for him and will likely drive up the price. Hazard to Arsenal will only happen if you are willing to stump up big money.

First and foremost, we are a bigger club. Secondly, if Hazard came here, he'd not only be a starter, he'd be a key key player whereas at Arsenal they have plenty of players in his position, and he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter.

Also, our football has not been to shabby since the Kings return, and I think he'd be very interested in playing here, but that could just be my wishful thinking. I would fucking love having him here, he's been quiet in the last couple of games for Lille, but I read some stat the other day about him being the player that has been fouled the most in the french league.

He is gonna be a star, hope he ends up being a star for us.

That being said, I wouldn't mind Sanchez coming here either ;)

Hazard would be a starter for us as well and us having few frnechies, a french manager and being a london club is massive advantage for us. hazard is future star, but I dont expect him to come to the PL and be a star straight away, he will need time to adapt and get stronger physically

Imagine the outcry there'd have been on here if we'd bid for the likes of Cahill and N'Zogbia when they moved to their current clubs. They would have both been deemed "not good enough" without anyone having seen more of them than their MOTD highlights.

They weren't good enough for us though, they needed 2-3 seasons of playing fully at the top level every week before developing into the players they are now, something we can't usually afford to do because people would be booing them and criticising them like what happened to Lucas.

Maybe Hazard would be worried about never winning anything with Arsenal whereas we are forward thinking and on the way up, plus he would start and if settles quickly become a hero.

I don't see Arsenal buying great players this summer, more likely a lot of ship jumping

I think we need to buy some stars and some potential as we cant rely on potential to win us things as it rarely works and as mentioned above there are too many morons booing and slagging players.

Aye. Sanchez will probably end up at Chelsea, but if Hazard had to choose from us or Arsenal, I think he'd be tempted to play under Kenny, tbh..

And also..

Macedonian_Red. That the Macedonian_I_Know_It_All_Red from RAWK? Please no.

Yeah, right ... You talk about Sanchez' and Hazard's situation like you have the slightest idea about their future, and then you accuse someone else of having the ''I Know It All'' attitude ... Typical ...

Maybe Hazard would be worried about never winning anything with Arsenal whereas we are forward thinking and on the way up, plus he would start and if settles quickly become a hero.

I don't see Arsenal buying great players this summer, more likely a lot of ship jumping

I think we need to buy some stars and some potential as we cant rely on potential to win us things as it rarely works and as mentioned above there are too many morons booing and slagging players.

But you dont look like winning anything and will be in the Europa League next season? You really think hazard want to play in the rubbish cup?

Hazard would be a starter for us as well and us having few frnechies, a french manager and being a london club is massive advantage for us. hazard is future star, but I dont expect him to come to the PL and be a star straight away, he will need time to adapt and get stronger physically

IF he were to sign, for how many years will Wenger claim he's part of a group that has tremendous quality but lacks maturity? You lot have guys approaching 30 whom Wenger makes the same claims about, year after year.

IF he were to sign, for how many years will Wenger claim he's part of a group that has tremendous quality but lacks maturity? You lot have guys approaching 30 whom Wenger makes the same claims about, year after year.

ok I really dont get how Liverpool fans can attack us, you are worse than us, less likely to win anything and wont be in the CL next season? Honestly I just laugh that some of you think hazard would choose Liverpool ahead of arsenal....seriously:eek:

But you dont look like winning anything and will be in the Europa League next season? You really think hazard want to play in the rubbish cup?

Going by Kenny's stint and our signings along with the fact we are stable and will spend big, I think we will be ahead of you next year.

I am not sure we will even be in the Europa. He may not join either of us but i dont see Arsenal as an attractive option for many, they are a team of nearly men with no leaders who let their heads drop and bottle it every time. There is no back 5 being inherited any time soon either

Going by Kenny's stint and our signings along with the fact we are stable and will spend big, I think we will be ahead of you next year.

I am not sure we will even be in the Europa. He may not join either of us but i dont see Arsenal as an attractive option for many, they are a team of nearly men with no leaders who let their heads drop and bottle it every time. There is no back 5 being inherited any time soon either

Going by Roys time at West Brom they will get europa place next season....or some of us knows a new manager can bring in a lift for a short time and thats what Kenny has done. This wont be here next season and Liverpool needs alot of changes to compete with the top teams....alot

I doubt Hazard will end up here purely because a bidding war will erupt and I cant see us paying over the odds. And going by Arsenes past form he won't either.

As for our respective fortunes next year, I think it all depends on the summer.

Look at how we've been doing lately. With a few more quality additions we'll easily be able to match Arsenal next year. Maybe not in pretty "pass it to death" football terms but we'll be capable of finishing in the top 4 of the table. If we do the right business we'll be back in the top 4 easily.

Arsenal will probably still be top 4 easily but they will never win the league without some serious reinforcements.

I think Hazard will be at Chelsea next year. I think Chelsea and City are going to spend near double what the next big spenders will.

Im still optimistic for us but I don't see our transfer ambitions reaching the levels of Sanchez or Hazard, more likely Downing or possibly Young. I don't see us vying for world class signings.

I think Hazard will be at Chelsea next year. I think Chelsea and City are going to spend near double what the next big spenders will.

Im still optimistic for us but I don't see our transfer ambitions reaching the levels of Sanchez or Hazard, more likely Downing or possibly Young. I don't see us vying for world class signings.

We have one more 30 million signing in us...

We have one more 30 million signing in us...

I'm not so sure. I think we'll be selling alot of deadwood and adding that to an already decent transfer kitty. Its pure guesswork but I have a feeling we'll end up spending the guts of 40/50 odd million on 3/4 players first team players.

So we'll be seeing players around the 10/15 million mark. Maybe 20 at most. Like I say its guesswork but its based on the fact I think we'll have no more than 50 maybe 60 million at the absolute tops to spend and we need at least 3/4 quality players brought in.

I know what you mean, but I think it's a bit much to declare Hazard world class. He may well become that, but he hasn't proven anything outside of France yet.

ok I really dont get how Liverpool fans can attack us, you are worse than us, less likely to win anything and wont be in the CL next season? Honestly I just laugh that some of you think hazard would choose Liverpool ahead of arsenal....seriously:eek:

Where did I say Hazard would choose Liverpool over Arsenal? That's right, I didn't. I just laugh at Arsenal fans who automatically assume that French-speaking players (and any half-decent player from Ligue 1 for that matter) will automatically choose them because they have a French manager and several players that speak the language. As if that is all the player is looking at. If a player is of a mindset where he needs to be surrounded by French-speaking players, why not just stay in France?

I think Arsenal will drop out of the top four next season. Wenger has clearly lost the plot and reminds me of Rafa at the end of last season.

Sorry to disagree, but thats very unlikely. i just cant see Liverpool making the top 4. And Rafa never lost the plot

Sorry to disagree, but thats very unlikely. i just cant see Liverpool making the top 4. And Rafa never lost the plot

Your time in the top 4 is done mate. No one will want to join you after the way you capitulated this season. Wenger is a joke and everyone laughs behind your back.