You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Konchesky: the worst player to ever to play for us?

1892-LFCWasBorn

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TesticleOReilly
Did he really cost 5m? i must have blocked this information out as I am sure I didn't know this. I had it in my head that he cost 2m.

Jobs for the boys. ;)

He is very bad, but probably not the worst. I follow Liverpool 17-18 years and there have been worse players than Paul, many of them were mentioned in this thread.

But my problem with PK lies somewhere else. I didn´t expect him to be world beater, but I ´ve expected him to be the player who "does the job". To tell the thruth I´ve expected him to surprise us might a bit, that playing with better players at better club can bring the best out of him.

But he is really terrible, he looks worse than he looked at Craven Cottage. He is a poor man´s Nicky Shorey.

Konchesky is just another of an ever lengthening list of mediocrities to darken our doorstep over the last few years, which is why we seem to be on a one way journey to mid table obscurity.

And for the record Titi Camara was the fucking dogs bollocks!

Ha - I can remember jumping up and down, yelling 'come on Titi' - I won't tell you what my son replied ;)

I will admit when we signed Konchesky I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought he could do a job for us but being truthful rather than nasty, he has been awful.

We have Carragher missing now which is a big loss yet am more concerned about our left back slot. I have not seen what he offers to our left side apart from giving the opposition an advantage. Aurelio really needs to be playing there till january if we can keep him fit till then and then go for a young left back thats on his way up along with a forward, winger and centre half.

He is not the worst ever player for us but he certainly has been poor and whilst i didnt expect him to set the world alight i thought he could do something but its just not happened.

Who the fuck cares what a West Ham fan thinks?

And why the fuck is he even commenting on this in the first place.

And even more importantly why the fuck would anyone be following this guy on Twitter and later post his tweets on a Liverpool forum?

Konchesky played for West ham. A west ham fan saying he's astounded that a player that wasnt good enough for them is playing for us.

From now on, you arent allowed comment on anything to do with Liverpool ever.

Insua is no where near as bad as people would have you believe. He suffered at times last season, but that was largely down to circumstance in my opinion. Aurellio spent 90% of last year on the treatment table, Dossena had gone, and the 21year old Insua in his first full season ended up being pretty much ever present.

With any young player, their form and confidence will fluctuate. When that happens they need to be pulled out of the side for a few weeks to be taken out of the firing line. That didn't happen with Insua and he suffered because of it but that shouldn't take away the potential that the lad has shown in the past.

He's a damn site better than his replacement with a hell of a lot more potential for improvement, that's for sure.

I don't blame Konchesky and I don't dislike the lad. You can see he gives 100% but he quite clearly isn't good enough. That's not his fault, it's the managers. The fact we spent the best part of 5million quid on him with a couple of promising youngsters thrown in just compounds things. Awful piece of business.

Good post. Agree entirely.

Signing Konchesky didn’t make sense, paying 3.5 million for him was bemusing! I saw him as a free signing short term solution at very best if he was forced upon me. As poor as he has been and he has been poor, he wouldn’t make it into the top 10 worst LFC signings, have we got short memories?

These are 10 stand out shockers:

Sean Dundee

Erik Meijer

Jimmy Carter

Antonio Nunez

Istvan Kozma

Torben Piechnik

Jan Kronkamp

Bruno Cheyrou

Titi Camara

Jean Michel Ferri

Only a few of those could be considered worse signing than Konchesky. None of those blew half of our transfer budget plus a couple promising youngsters, expected to be shite and managed to top that derisive expectation.

Antone who even contemplates Titi as a bad player OR a poor signing know nothing about football or weren't there watching him when he effectively was our only fit forward for chunks of 99/00 season and was fantastic.

Scored the winner at Arsenal, played and scored the day after his Dad died.

Don't dis Titi!

Has anyone mentioned Diomede, utter utter wank.