You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy completely bullied by baconface

Nathanzx

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think people are getting a bit to caught up in these pre and post match interviews for Roy and and his predecessor. I am primarily concerned on what happens on the pitch and I would prefer him acting like he is than acting like a total and utter dick like Allaydace or Warnock.

I acknowledge as Liverpool fans we are not used to setting our sights so low but thems the times we are in due to what is happening in the boardroom. I think the ownership sale is affecting the club far more than anything Roy could ever say.

As I said in the match thread, Hodgson's relationship with Ferguson means very little. Rafa was always at war with Ferguson yet we got fucked there five times out of six.

Rafa was judged on his ability to get the team playing winning football and it will be the same with Hodgson.

There was a reason why Slur didn't like or get on with Rafa, because Rafa had him rattled and called him out for being a cunt that he is.. Roy needs to put his "friendship" aside and fucking defend himself and our club and players.....

That's all well and good, but I'd suggest his top priority should be getting us winning matches away from home.

Guest ShoePiss
Bullshit. Sick of this crap. I'll never just fuck off to the members forum, but stuff like this makes me want to.

Please don't leave the FF all together, we all know that once your cash has left paypal the quality of your posting improves exponentially.

I know it must be so much better over with all the other lucky people that have experienced the paypal post quality boost but please think of us poor FFers.

I couldn't care less if Hodgson seems 'passionless'. Jumping up and down and shouting doesn't help. I also don't mind that he doesn't get involved in post-match rants. Fans seem to get wildly over-literal when they analyse post-match interviews - they did it with Houllier, they did it with Benitez and now they're doing it with Hodgson. I always assume what they say behind closed doors is vastly different and much more pertinent.

Any manager would be pissed off with not having Oshea send off, you just lost a big game, and then their manager have the nerve to call your player a cheat on top of that, and all you can say is I dont want to get involved? Football is all about siege mentallity, and if your manager isnt fighting for you, then the players may not fight for him. I just dont see any fire with him.

Look at bWenger, absolute loon on the bench, but at the same time defends his players even if they knock someone out on the pitch. Thats what you need, specielly in Liverpools position.

Guest ShoePiss
As I said in the match thread, Hodgson's relationship with Ferguson means very little. Rafa was always at war with Ferguson yet we got fucked there five times out of six.

Rafa was judged on his ability to get the team playing winning football and it will be the same with Hodgson.

Spot on.

Over the years I have worked with lots of managers in my employment & Roy strikes me as one of those that is likeable & erudite but has no real authority over the workforce & will move on to pastures new without leaving any stamp of his tenure.

I'm sure Torres & Gerrard are enjoying the fact that he is in awe of them & is not as miserable & grudging of praise as Benitez, but sometimes you need to be taken out of your comfort zone.

Unfortunately that is what i believe is happening at the moment. I hope i am proved wrong.

Off Football Focus:

Leeds boss, Simon Grayson, has revealed that ahead of his team’s clash against Liverpool last season, Rafael Benitez paid him a visit, but there was only one thing he wanted to talk about.

“I think all managers have huge respect for each other but you’re not going to all get along with each other,” said Grayson. “They’ll be disagreements on the touchline. We played Liverpool last season in the Carling Cup and Rafa came to speak to me in my office for ten minutes before the game and all he wanted to talk about was Sir Alex. I just listened and disagreed and didn’t say anything.”

That makes Benitez sound as deranged as Ferguson doesn't it?

Any manager would be pissed off with not having Oshea send off, you just lost a big game, and then their manager have the nerve to call your player a cheat on top of that, and all you can say is I dont want to get involved? Football is all about siege mentallity, and if your manager isnt fighting for you, then the players may not fight for him. I just dont see any fire with him.

Look at bWenger, absolute loon on the bench, but at the same time defends his players even if they knock someone out on the pitch. Thats what you need, specielly in Liverpools position.

Bollocks. Football isn't 'all about a siege mentality'. You might be, but that's another matter. Don't confuse the two. The one thing that's incontrovertible about post-match interviews is that they don't change a result one iota. As Danny Murphy has confirmed, Hodgson is quite capable of going ballistic behind closed doors when he tells the team what he really thinks. That's when it counts.

Off Football Focus:

Leeds boss, Simon Grayson, has revealed that ahead of his team’s clash against Liverpool last season, Rafael Benitez paid him a visit, but there was only one thing he wanted to talk about.

“I think all managers have huge respect for each other but you’re not going to all get along with each other,” said Grayson. “They’ll be disagreements on the touchline. We played Liverpool last season in the Carling Cup and Rafa came to speak to me in my office for ten minutes before the game and all he wanted to talk about was Sir Alex. I just listened and disagreed and didn’t say anything.”

That makes Benitez sound as deranged as Ferguson doesn't it?

This isn't a Rafa thread.

Bollocks. Football isn't 'all about a siege mentality'. You might be, but that's another matter. Don't confuse the two. The one thing that's incontrovertible about post-match interviews is that they don't change a result one iota. As Danny Murphy has confirmed, Hodgson is quite capable of going ballistic behind closed doors when he tells the team what he really thinks. That's when it counts.

They dont change results, but they change how people treat you. I bet you refs would feel less doubt given a questionable pen against someone like Roy(Gentleman) rather than someone like SAF who they know will make a huge deal of it and wont give iy unless they are 100% sure

Maybe Hodgson should just start saying, we controlled the game, we created chances & it's just confidence needed. Then repeat this all fucking season long, even when you don't get a shot on target against relegation fodder.

What like against Birmingham and West Brom, proof is in the the pudding. And so far the dessert tastes like shit......

There was a reason why Slur didn't like or get on with Rafa, because Rafa had him rattled and called him out for being a cunt that he is.. Roy needs to put his "friendship" aside and fucking defend himself and our club and players.....

So true, it felt so good having someone actually calling that hateful figure for what he really is. We fans all know it, all the other managers know it, bur Benitez is the only one (perhaps some feeble attempts from Wenger could count) to really bring the odious cunts actions into the media spotlight. Cue Fergies press mates trying to put Rafa in a bad light.

Compare the comments from Hodgson today with those of Benitez (regarding the comments made by that vile cretin Ferguson). The sacking of Benitez and subsequent hiring of Hodgson will go down as one of the biggest mistakes (on the field issues) in the clubs history I'm afraid. We overachieved with Rafa in charge, and even if it didn't suit the egos of some of the players (or owners), I believe we would be much better off than we are and will be with the current clown in charge.:wallbutt: This is not a diplomacy contest, Roy, grow a pair!!

Agree with plenty of the OP

To me, Roy seems to be managing Liverpool players with Fulham tactics and it really isn't working. We are not great, but we are a damn site better than the shit we are seeing now and that is all because of how the team is being set out to play. What's acceptable at a Fulham is not acceptable at Liverpool. I'm not sure he totally realises that.

just looking at some of the post-match comments and they really do emphasise exactly what we are lacking i.e. passion, energy, belief

Whiskeynose came out with his usual one-eyed garbage

You're worse for listening to his propaganda. I don't listen to his muck.

Roy after the game said he was happy with our comeback, that we almost saw the game out, that the performance was an improvement on the last few games (no it wasn't, it was the same sterile muck, I was no fan of Rafa but he averaged about 15-20 goal attempts a game, Roy is aiming for about a quarter of that average and failing), we were unlucky, conceding late is tough, "we can take a lot of credit for the way we went about our business", oh...I really am staggered by Roys comments, he just is not a Liverpool manager, simple as that.

Liverpool used to be about maintaining a dignified silence, only speaking when you had something to say. Roy strikes me as just another spoofer, spinning his spin, deluding the masses.

What would constitute enough passion in your eyes? Dismantling the microphone, banging his head against the wall, assaulting the interviewer??

Coaches have pre-prepared speeches before interviews at games. Regardless of the result, 90% of what they say, is unaffected by the actual result. We've just listened to 6 years of passionless "we worked hard", and "we focus on next game" speeches.

We could have thrown in the towel at 0-2. Better LFC teams than this one have thrown in the towel at that kip over the years. Last year it took us 4-5 games to get 15-20 attempts. This year we got 2 goals and within 10 minutes of a point. It could have been a lot worse.

They dont change results, but they change how people treat you. I bet you refs would feel less doubt given a questionable pen against someone like Roy(Gentleman) rather than someone like SAF who they know will make a huge deal of it and wont give iy unless they are 100% sure

If only Bob Paisley had known that, the great soft jessie.