You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy completely bullied by baconface

Nathanzx

wrong mate....i was banned from RAWK for having the temerity to suggest the team had gone stale under Rafa last season, far from his biggest fan

as for this thread, i think questioning the performance of the manager in the media is eminently reasonable, and although pre and post match quotes don't have an affect on the game being talked about they do speak volumes for the mentality surrounding the club and do have an impact on the morale and expectations of fans and players alike

Nobody is saying Roy is a shoite coach because he didn't tell fergie where to stick his wine glass, what I think is fair to say though is that if fergie says his team could have got ten, that the officials gifted you your goals and that your striker tried to get someone sent off and you just mutter that your buddy Sir Alex is entitled to his opinion then you kind of come off looking like a doormat, dignified silence is fine most of the time unless some prick (baconface) questions the integrity of your team...then you stand up and tell him where to go...Roy is not a shoite coach because he failed to do this but he is unfortunately coming across as a weak man (in these interviews at least)...what kind of affect such a media persona will have, well I'm not sure but I know I don't like it

I can understand you not liking it and fair play for explaining what you meant a little better than originally.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, they're all crazy, you are the sane and sophisticated one...

They are crazy if they think a man who has worked all over the world for decades is 'in awe' of Torres, Gerrard or anyone else at our - or any other -football club. If that makes me sane in comparison, then I'll accept the compliment, thanks Delbert.

I wasn't trying to be funny though. You could easily have just replied to my post saying something like, 'I was only joking mate', and i'd have said fair enough and took it back (not that I actually said anything!)

*takes notes*

Anything else I should know before replying to posts? Wouldn't want to offend you again Brownie.

But no, you followed it up with throwing insults around. Grow up.

But it was you who said:

This place is full of absolute whoppers tonight.

which is not only offensive to myself but the entire whopper community.

"Haha!!"

I personally think some of the animosity toward Hodgeson is because he's perceived as being part of the English management 'clique'.

That's true enough. The media do like to push the agenda of an English manager, as if it's a club's duty to employ them at a higher level. It's also the same media that dub them not good enough when they do get the national team job.

I've near total indifference to Roy and he could be the Liverpool manager who never was.

*takes notes*

Anything else I should know before replying to posts? Wouldn't want to offend you again Brownie.

But it was you who said:

which is not only offensive to myself but the entire whopper community.

"Haha!!"

That was when I thought you were being serious. As I said before, all you needed to do was say that it was a joke and i'd have taken it back.

Do you think it's fair to say that anyone calling Hodgson a 'budgie faced pussy' is a whopper?

I honestly would love to see some people on these boards spout their opinions either at the match or in the alehouse before or afterwards.

Anybody who calls the manager a "budgie faced pussy" would rightly get ripped to shreds (and, no, not literally) if they said that phrase in public away from their keyboards.

I remember them having a difference of opinion while Dalglish was at Blackburn, but it wasn't an ongoing war of words.

They were still mud slinging in the press, don't try make out that Rafa is more disrespectful than other Liverpool managers, he was playing mind games, just like our other managers have done.

The only questionable thing was his timing and if his mind games caused more bad than good but those are totally different arguments.

It's rubbish to say that Rafa didn't act in the 'Liverpool way', he always did.

I honestly would love to see some people on these boards spout their opinions either at the match or in the alehouse before or afterwards.

Anybody who calls the manager a "budgie faced pussy" would rightly get ripped to shreds (and, no, not literally) if they said that phrase in public away from their keyboards.

In all fairness, the lad was making a joke, if people can't take it, that's their problem

That was when I thought you were being serious. As I said before, all you needed to do was say that it was a joke and i'd have taken it back.

Do you think it's fair to say that anyone calling Hodgson a 'budgie faced pussy' is a whopper?

Can't be arsed with this any more so you know what, fuck it... I apologise and take that comment back: Roy has a perfectly human face and, far from being a pussy, is actually pure cunt with lashings of bastard (who swears behind closed doors and everything).

But that's the key, people who type that stuff never go to the match.

Exactly... it's "Owl faced pussy".

Guest TesticleOReilly

Fuckin' right. Disgusting behaviour. Everyone knows he looks like an owl. Took me minutes to do my avatar, wouldn't have bothered if it was a common or garden budgie.

My two cents goes like this: I first of all thought that Rafa should've stayed. He was and is a world class coach, and while I agree there were some, I shall say uninspiring performances last season, in my experience we've never had a manager who had to operate under such circumstances. Namely to be both a politician as well as a football manager and be expected to deliver success ie the Premiership every season while being denied the resources of Chelsea and Man Utd. I will always respect Rafa for what he did for LFC, and for the way he stood up to the owners, all the while taking a pasting from the press whose agenda - and there was one - against him was quite often borderline racist. The 'board' at LFC got rid of him because he was no longer prepared to put up with the situation at the club, no longer prepared to take the crap they'd set him up for. While I can see the benefits for the good of his own health of getting out of that situation, LFC is in my opinion the poorer for it. He should still be at our club, he should still be our manager. To anyone who says "he's gone, get over it" well I say this: if you're happy about what he had to put up with, happy that a bean-counter appointed by RBS consistently undermined him in the press, happy that we're all being lied to, happy that that happened at Liverpool Football Club - YOUR CLUB - then good luck to you. No LFC manager in my lifetime has had to put up with that. As for Roy, he's a decent man, intelligent, articulate, experienced and well-respected. He is not, however, a winner. He has been brought in because he is proven at managing low expectations, which is what we're all being prepared for. For Broughton to say at his press conference that we needed someone to "steady the ship" was scandalous. Who rocked it to begin with? Today was depressing because I honestly believe United were there for the taking at 2-2, only to my mind Roy decided to settle for what we had, we invited them onto us and you know the rest. In the corresponding fixture next season - always assuming we're still in the Premiership (yes, my glass is half-empty...) - we won't have Torres, Gerrard, Reina and possibly Kuyt and Agger because they'll be elsewhere. We're being set up for mid-table AT BEST. They're trying to lower our expectations, and as Fulham proved, Roy is proven at managing teams in such circumstances. This is why they didn't want Kenny as manager, because if Rafa had to go then he was the ONLY man for the job, but could you see him not standing up against the owners, taking the same crap Rafa did? If Hicks gets the refinancing, and let's face it he will, some greedy bastards will do him a deal, then if we're not already then we truly will be finished. God knows what Cecil told Torres and Gerrard to make them stay this summer, but they were probably lied to as well. None of this diatribe makes me happy, but Liverpool FC deserves better. The greater proportion of our fanbase these days who it seems to me have no idea about what it takes to be a Red can all go to hell with their Daily Star tucked in ther arse pockets and Talksport pressed up to their ears. Still, as long as you've got the new shirt that's all right, eh?

These are the opinions of a saddened old Red. Yours may differ from mine, which is fair enough, but in finishing, all I'll say is I love Liverpool FC. Always have, always will no matter where we are. Just don't expect me to enjoy watching it being torn apart. I'll go now. Thanks for reading, sleep well (if you can).