You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy completely bullied by baconface

Nathanzx

just looking at some of the post-match comments and they really do emphasise exactly what we are lacking i.e. passion, energy, belief

Whiskeynose came out with his usual one-eyed garbage saying it could have been 10, saying it's a catastrophe for our title chances, saying Torres was trying to get O' Shea sent off (nothing to do with his tackle then taggart you sad bitter old drunk) and that basically the linesman got us back in the game and at 2-2 the result was a travesty....basically he came out with all the spiel you'd expect from a drunk embittered repressed sexually frustrated chronically undereducated and incestuously one-eyed manc fan, usually you'd expect slightly more dignity and magnamity from a manager but that's taggart for you and that's why he's universally hated outside of their place.....but even though he is an angry pile of shoite, he is successful, he stands up for his club and he bends over for nobody

compare his post-match reaction to his old buddy roys

Roy is nice and articulate and erudite and loved by the media because he uses big words, is polite and gives long "thoughtful" answers, he is a reasonable, civilised and dignified man.......oh and he hasn't won an away game this milennium, we have 5 points from 5 games and have had less efforts on goal than my castrated pooch has had wet dreams

Roy after the game said he was happy with our comeback, that we almost saw the game out, that the performance was an improvement on the last few games (no it wasn't, it was the same sterile muck, I was no fan of Rafa but he averaged about 15-20 goal attempts a game, Roy is aiming for about a quarter of that average and failing), we were unlucky, conceding late is tough, "we can take a lot of credit for the way we went about our business", oh and he said maybe Sir Alex (as he calls him) is right that is it catastophic in terms of comparing ourselves with Chelsea but his focus in on trying to get into Champions League, he also said despite people on the Liverpool bench jumping around saying O' Shea should have got red, he thought it would be "churlish" to demand red cards for "petty" offenses and to finish up Roy said "I thought United played well but to undermine our performance is a little bit harsh.

I really am staggered by Roys comments, he just is not a Liverpool manager, simple as that. I am sure he is having a nice glass of shiraz with his friend Sir Alex now and recommending him a new paperbook maybe.

The guy is a decent coach for a side with midtable aspirations, he'll organise a team, make it hard to beat BUT IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO WIN SOMETHING, you need to display some attacking quality, any kind of offensive plan would be good. For God's sake the guy failed to buy a back-up striker for Torres as we desperately whored ourselves out to various agents of unproven strikers on the last day of deadline day leaving them no time to get a replacement.

The ownership issue is the big battle and I know we are just 5 games into the new season but there is no doubt in my mind, Roy is not a Liverpool manager. He is too soft, too nice and too easily bullied by the likes of whiskeynose. He doesn't have enough passion or fight in my opinion but at least he is articulate and respected and well-liked (it's easy to be popular when your rivals beat you and you just take it and smile, oh well, next time eh Roy, jolly good, splendid blah blah blah).

Rafa at least got under the skin of the bullies like Taggart, Allardyce and Mourinho, under Roy on and off the pitch we are just devoid of any kind of passion.......it's time to get nasty, in terms of protests against the owners off the pitch and in terms of our manager and players giving every last drop of blood, sweat and tears to fight back against this dying of the light, not sit there like Roy, smiling patiently at the press, saying "we can take a lot of credit for the way we went about our business".

Liverpool used to be about maintaining a dignified silence, only speaking when you had something to say. Roy strikes me as just another spoofer, spinning his spin, deluding the masses. Just like Hicks and Gillette and then Broughton and Purslow, now Roy too is spinning and spoofing to us all, treating us like idiots, saying nice things as our clubs downward spiral continues.

The performance today was garbage, admit that and do something about it because the last thing the club needs is another propoganda merchant, another spoofer. Fight back!

Edited by Nathanzx

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a bit soon to be totally writing woy off but i'm far from convinced by him so far and i do have doubts as to whether he is liverpool manager material too. time will tell i suppose. but at this point in time he is a side issue. the biggest issue is the ownership/new refinancing mess and for me it is putting the football side of things into perspective

Great post that and correct aswell.

Hes not going about the job in the way I'd hoped. You just have to wonder how long it will go before the players think, fuck this and go into their shells altogether.

The body language of a couple of them has already got that look about them of not fully going about their business.

Not saying I totally disagree with the OP and he does make some interesting points but saying Rafa's sides used to average 15-20 shots a game is stretching the truth somewhat.

It's a-whole-nother world of bollocks. This is a team that has been coached for years not to take unecessary chances, we rarely take a speculative shot (bar the odd Gerrard/Torres effort) and it's been that way for years.

It's a-whole-nother world of bollocks. This is a team that has been coached for years not to take unecessary chances, we rarely take a speculative shot (bar the odd Gerrard/Torres effort) and it's been that way for years.

I think you are wrong there because was it not last season that we averaged more shots than any other team in the league?

It's the start of the inevitable people thinking everything was better under Rafa when it infact really wasn't at all last season.

This

I was no fan of Rafa but he averaged about 15-20 goal attempts a game

is absolutely untrue and I can remember more than a few infuriating interviews with Rafa involving one word answers and a total lack of anything straightforward. You can't say roy doesn't have that and to be honest I think he's just being humble and has every right to be. It doesn't mean he's not doing his job.

Yes, Rafa did get under people's skin but IMO he gave far too much time to moaning and groaning and not nearly enough to addressing his obvious flaws. One thing I think we will get with Roy is flexibility. He can see that it's not working, and I believe he'll make every effort to fix this. If that means changing his gameplan he will do it.

Pidge, if Hodgson is unable to change the way the team plays, what use is he?

Point taken, but I don't know if he can't yet, Torres just getting up to speed (looked much more assured in the second half) and Cole off for three games hasn't helped. In the Euro home games, we've created a fair bit at times, but against some of the world best teams we've struggled to do anything. Go figure.

I will say that the confidence throughout the squad is still shaky, but is getting better. It's why we can be pushed around (or back onto our 18 yard line) by sides that close us down, but the passing chemistry is improving.

Basically, I predicted 7 points from our first five. So I'm not fire and brimstone yet. The next three weeks are big. We need five wins heading into the Everton game.

edit: sorry I mean four, Everton is the fifth game away.

Edited by Pidge

Over the years I have worked with lots of managers in my employment & Roy strikes me as one of those that is likeable & erudite but has no real authority over the workforce & will move on to pastures new without leaving any stamp of his tenure.

I'm sure Torres & Gerrard are enjoying the fact that he is in awe of them & is not as miserable & grudging of praise as Benitez, but sometimes you need to be taken out of your comfort zone.

Good post/thread.

I know Rafa didn't always create tons of chances and the good guy thing may be a red herring, as long as he wins I don't care if he arrives at the PC stark bollock naked and under Rafa we had a presence and bossed most games even if we didn't win. We have'nt bossed one since Roy arrived but at the end of the day people defending Roy are going to find it hard to keep rationalising stuff while Roy takes us on a tour of the bottom half of the league, he just hasn't got it, he is a chump not a champ.

In the words of Martin and Christian: "We don't want you Roy"

As an outsider listening to what Roy said, he sounds like a passionless manager. You have just lost 3-2 to your rivals after getting back from 2 goals down, there player should have had been sent off and that could be very important moment in the game, and you are not even angry about it? Im sorry, but this man is small team manager. How the hell is he gonna stand up against Fergie?

His main star has been accussed of trying to get someone sent off, and he cant even defend him, grow a pair

Over the years I have worked with lots of managers in my employment & Roy strikes me as one of those that is likeable & erudite but has no real authority over the workforce & will move on to pastures new without leaving any stamp of his tenure.

I'm sure Torres & Gerrard are enjoying the fact that he is in awe of them & is not as miserable & grudging of praise as Benitez, but sometimes you need to be taken out of your comfort zone.

Appearances can be very deceiving, especially in football.

As an outsider listening to what Roy said, he sounds like a passionless manager. You have just lost 3-2 to your rivals after getting back from 2 goals down, there player should have had been sent off and that could be very important moment in the game, and you are not even angry about it? Im sorry, but this man is small team manager. How the hell is he gonna stand up against Fergie?

His main star has been accussed of trying to get someone sent off, and he cant even defend him, grow a pair

I think it was Churchill who once heard a rival described as being a very modest chap & retorted that this was true but that the guy involved had a lot be be modest about.

I think Roy would fit into this scenario very well indeed.

I wanted Rafa to go, last season we were dreadful.......but Roy so far has been distinctly underwhelming....It's unfortunate that often these debates often turn into a Roy v Rafa thing, not interested in that at all.....I want the best possible performances delivered by all the staff and players and we're either not getting that or we are far shittier than I thought we were, anyway the main point is I don't like how Roy handles the press, I don't like how he tries to downplay expectations so much, I don't like how he is almost obsessively keen not to offend anyone and I don't like how he spins bad performances into something they are not, I fear under Roy we will be constantly drip-fed "there were a lot of positives in that game", "I saw signs of improvement" etc etc as we slide into midtable obscurity

I don't think he has the fire in the belly needed to inpire us, nor am I impressed by many of his signings, nor do I think he will bring us the offensive adventure we have been crying out for for years.......indeed in many ways he is just a poor man's rafa, defensive, cautious, well-organised.................after houllier, and then rafa and now roy I have had enough of these rigid and conservative coaches, someone who is a bit more of a risk-taker would be nice and on top of all that I'd appreciate if he didn't talk such bolllocks and actually stand up for our club and be a nasty fcuker if needs be...............don't sell me a lada and tell me it's a ferrari roy....we have been poor so far,c all it how it is and improve it or get beat (whoops you are already mastering that part)

I couldn't care less if Hodgson seems 'passionless'. Jumping up and down and shouting doesn't help. I also don't mind that he doesn't get involved in post-match rants. Fans seem to get wildly over-literal when they analyse post-match interviews - they did it with Houllier, they did it with Benitez and now they're doing it with Hodgson. I always assume what they say behind closed doors is vastly different and much more pertinent.