You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy completely bullied by baconface

Nathanzx

I dont think 5 points in 5 games is great but when you've played Arsenal at home,Man City and Man U away in 3 of them games then its not too bad.

Yes it could be better but when everybody moans about the club not having money what more do you expect?

Today was the first time all of Roys expected first team signings played and we almost got something off the mancs as well.

Dont you realise that when Purple Nose goes on about us it means we are a real threat,its when he stops talking about us,thats the time to start worrying.

In terms of Roys behaviour,what difference does it make whether he's nice or not? Its how the players play and act on the pitch and after 5 games they are improving steadily.

United werent that good again today and Purple Nose knows they got out of jail,I'm confident of giving them a beating next time we play.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why turn it into a slagging Rafa match?

Seems the only way people can defend Hodgson is by slating Rafa.

The opening post is totally attacking Hodgson for his relationship with Ferguson, at the same time mentioning how Rafa was with him. I think it's totally pertinent and appropriate to mention Rafa in a response.

It's just the usual case of us losing a big game and people letting their emotions get the better of them, due to the pain.

By all means, criticise Hodgson today for accepting a draw at 2-2. He wasn't bullied at all though. The mere suggestion that a result may be affected by such a thing, is just ridiculous.

Agree with plenty of the OP

To me, Roy seems to be managing Liverpool players with Fulham tactics and it really isn't working. We are not great, but we are a damn site better than the shit we are seeing now and that is all because of how the team is being set out to play. What's acceptable at a Fulham is not acceptable at Liverpool. I'm not sure he totally realises that.

Konchesky is not - and never will be - a Liverpool player.

The opening post is totally attacking Hodgson for his relationship with Ferguson, at the same time mentioning how Rafa was with him.

And still is:

F.C. Internazionale Milano

At the end of today's press conference at Inter's training ground, and after reading the comments of Alex Ferguson reported by British and Italian websites, Benitez remarked: "I am genuinely surprised that an experienced and important coach like him said these things and talked so much about me. I have been in Italy for three months now... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."

It's just the usual case of us losing a big game and people letting their emotions get the better of them, due to the pain.

By all means, criticise Hodgson today for accepting a draw at 2-2. He wasn't bullied at all though. The mere suggestion that a result may be affected by such a thing, is just ridiculous.

As a new manager, the only way you can avoid criticism, is by getting results, which Hodgson hasn't done so far.

Everyone's just picking at everything he's doing, if he had won everyone would be praising him for keeping a low profile & being respectful etc.

As a new manager, the only way you can avoid criticism, is by getting results, which Hodgson hasn't done so far.

Everyone's just picking at everything he's doing, if he had won everyone would be praising him for keeping a low profile & being respectful etc.

I totally agree with you. It's the nature of the beast with managing one of the top sides.

I think some of the decisions he has made so far have been poor and worrying in equal measure but totally understand the fact that it's incredibly early days.

He deserves criticism but not some of the crap that's coming his way. There are people actually ridiculing him, which is just sad.

You have to recall that Demento was hired with the #1 task of taking us on and this talk of a good relationship with all bar Rafa is codswallop - typical mind games. Rafa's failing was that he tried typical dry English sarcasm but failed to have the ready wit of Kenny's barb that his daughter talked more sense.

But this is really a sideshow and Roy's problems are his small club mentality and outdated tactics.

And still is:

F.C. Internazionale Milano

At the end of today's press conference at Inter's training ground, and after reading the comments of Alex Ferguson reported by British and Italian websites, Benitez remarked: "I am genuinely surprised that an experienced and important coach like him said these things and talked so much about me. I have been in Italy for three months now... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."

Haha, gotta love Rafa. Takes no bullshit from that cunt he does!

We're playing dire football now and we played dire football last season. Hodgson deserves some time to fix that, I agree. But his comments before and after some of the games have been utterly embarrassing. Roy toadied up to Ferguson before the game, and Ferguson totally humiliated him in the post-match interview.

What does Hodgson do to protect the integrity of the club; to defend the passion of the fans in this intense rivalry? Fuck all, not a whisper back. He rolled over. That, to me, is really sad to watch and does not represent what we deserve. Yes, times are tough, but are they really that tough that we can no longer stand up for ourselves?

He looks way, way out of his element. Ferguson perceived this and highlighted it to the rest of the footballing world. Sad day for us, really.

I totally agree with you. It's the nature of the beast with managing one of the top sides.

I think some of the decisions he has made so far have been poor and worrying in equal measure but totally understand the fact that it's incredibly early days.

He deserves criticism but not some of the crap that's coming his way. There are people actually ridiculing him, which is just sad.

I guess one of the reasons people are ridiculing him is because he has not got the track record of winning things at the highest level in his 30 year career. If a manager like Hitzfield was going through a tough patch he could flash his medals but sadly Hodgson doesn't have such a pedigree.

Throw in he was chosen deliberately as he was used to the league and was tipped as an excellent organiser but as yet we have yet to see such signs. I agree a manager needs time to instill his philosophy though!

We're playing dire football now and we played dire football last season. Hodgson deserves some time to fix that, I agree. But his comments before and after some of the games have been utterly embarrassing. Roy toadied up to Ferguson before the game, and Ferguson totally humiliated him in the post-match interview.

What does Hodgson do to protect the integrity of the club; to defend the passion of the fans in this intense rivalry? Fuck all, not a whisper back. He rolled over. That, to me, is really sad to watch and does not represent what we deserve. Yes, times are tough, but are they really that tough that we can no longer stand up for ourselves?

He looks way, way out of his element. Ferguson perceived this and highlighted it to the rest of the footballing world. Sad day for us, really.

I actually like the way he just totally ignored it all. It shows that he's focused on the football, none of the other nonsense. If he'd turned round and called Ferguson a cunt, what would that have done to the result?

Nothing.

I bet the players respect him being dignified rather than running his mouth. People are over-reacting and criticising Hodgson for totally the wrong things, in my opinion.

I guess one of the reasons people are ridiculing him is because he has not got the track record of winning things at the highest level in his 30 year career. If a manager like Hitzfield was going through a tough patch he could flash his medals but sadly Hodgson doesn't have such a pedigree.

Throw in he was chosen deliberately as he was used to the league and was tipped as an excellent organiser but as yet we have yet to see such signs. I agree a manager needs time to instill his philosophy though!

I just think it's sad. Criticise him and question his credentials if you like but to ridicule his achievements just comes across as bitter and twisted to me. We weren't ridiculing him last season when Fulham fucked us at Craven Cottage were we?

We weren't ridiculing him when he took his team further in the Europa League than we went either.

I dunno whether Roy is subserviant or nor but making comments before the game like "I hope he'll invite me for a glass of wine after the game, I'll be inviting him for one once he comes to Anfield" doesn't help.

Bullshit! It means absolutely nothing.

Do you think that a player sees the chance of a 50/50 challenge and thinks, 'hang on, the manager wants a glass of wine with their manager after the game so i'm not gonna bother challenging for this...'

All of this other stuff is just people looking for the smallest thing to criticise him for, when there are actually some footballing aspects with which he deserves some criticism.

I just think it's sad. Criticise him and question his credentials if you like but to ridicule his achievements just comes across as bitter and twisted to me. We weren't ridiculing him last season when Fulham fucked us at Craven Cottage were we?

We weren't ridiculing him when he took his team further in the Europa League than we went either.

I doubt many fans were lauding him and suggesting here is a man who could manage Liverpool though. Remember a few wanted Mourhino Capello

etc!!!

I personally have not given him any criticism since he has been appointed but i can understand why some are pessimistic but lets see how the season plays out.

I actually like the way he just totally ignored it all. It shows that he's focused on the football, none of the other nonsense. If he'd turned round and called Ferguson a cunt, what would that have done to the result?

Nothing.

I bet the players respect him being dignified rather than running his mouth. People are over-reacting and criticising Hodgson for totally the wrong things, in my opinion.

I don't agree with you on this one to be honest. For me, the football and the way he conducts himself are inseparable. This is a combative game in which actions speak louder than words and if somebody gets in your face you have to get back in theirs.

You don't see, for example, one team just standing around when the opposition are surrounding the referee; or when one of the other teams players goes flying dangerously into a tackle - you give a bit back. You get in amongst them; you stand up for yourself and don't let them push you around. It isn't about overreacting, but it is about fighting your corner.

His representation of the club off the field has to be philosophically consistent with the way the players represent the club on it, and it's a fiery, passionate game. That's what I want to see from the players and that's what I want to see from the manager. I don't want a team of players who bite their tongues when they get mugged off. You control yourself, but you give as good as you get. Anything else is - I believe rightly - perceived as timidity. That timidity will be transmitted into the team.

I don't agree with you on this one to be honest. For me, the football and the way he conducts himself are inseparable. This is a combative game in which actions speak louder than words and if somebody gets in your face you have to get back in theirs.

You don't see, for example, one team just standing around when the opposition are surrounding the referee; or when one of the other teams players goes flying dangerously into a tackle - you give a bit back. You get in amongst them; you stand up for yourself and don't let them push you around. It isn't about overreacting, but it is about fighting your corner.

His representation of the club off the field has to be philosophically consistent with the way the players represent the club on it, and it's a fiery, passionate game. That's what I want to see from the players and that's what I want to see from the manager. I don't want a team of players who bite their tongues when they get mugged off. You control yourself, but you give as good as you get. Anything else is - I believe rightly - perceived as timidity. That timidity will be transmitted into the team.

Yet the current runaway league leaders and Champions are managed by an amiable fella who never has an argument with anyone.

I think it's all over-dramatic nonsense to be honest with you. Our manager last season was as passionate and confrontational as anyone in the league but we finished 7th.

It's about the work that's done on the training pitch and behind the scenes, not in the media room.

Ancellotti? Rowed with Mourinho, called Poulsen a coward - might not have had a spat in the premiership but he's not shy. Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho, Capello, Guardiola... all would have bitten back at another manager for describing our performance the way he did today. I'd struggle to think of a successful manager who conducts themselves the way Roy did when he was blatantly humiliated.

I dunno whether Roy is subserviant or nor but making comments before the game like "I hope he'll invite me for a glass of wine after the game, I'll be inviting him for one once he comes to Anfield" doesn't help.

And what does? The "fachts" statement? That did enormous damage alright. To us.

We don't have tyrants criticising other coach's/refs, up on FA charges, or condemning his own players. A Liverpool coach is expected to have some decorum in how he conducts himself. Roy fits the bill.

Ancellotti? Rowed with Mourinho, called Poulsen a coward - might not have had a spat in the premiership but he's not shy. Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho, Capello, Guardiola... all would have bitten back at another manager for describing our performance the way he did today. I'd struggle to think of a successful manager who conducts themselves the way Roy did when he was blatantly humiliated.

Yet they won the league last year and look by far and away the best side this year. It's not a dick measuring contest, it's about the managers ability on the training ground, in the dressing room, the transfer market etc.

All of the other stuff is just nonsense. That's just how I see it though.

Ferguson has always praised the teams and managers that are not a threat to him. It is very simple, he thinks only of winning the league, winning the CL, everything else, including friendships, are irrelevant. Hodgson has never been a threat so far, so he can be a friend. Hodgson is not a threat today, especially as we are (in the words of Dalglish) out of the league already now by losing this game. Hodgson's comments both before and after the game were poorly chosen, and endear him only to few gullible souls.

Hodgson would be wise to shut up for now, and start coaching the team. There was a time for platitudes, but it is gone. 5 games, 5 points. Now is time for action, not red wine. The next games are crucial, for the team, and for the manager.