You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Islam and burning that book

BRAP

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
After 10 years of Militant Islamists flying planes into buildings, bombing trains and hotels around the world, planting IED's against the American military, desecrating flags, embassies and other American property on a regular basis, should the Yanks always sit there and accept it?

The pastor has had enough of his country and it's interests constantly threatened and attacked. He is insulted by a Muslim Centre opening yards from where terrorists acting in their name smashed their way into the WTC killing thousands of his countrymen. Only yesterday, his national flag was destroyed again in Islamic protests.

You can't condone it, it isn't going to bridge the gap between the Christian and Islamic way of life, but you understand why he has decided to take his retaliation. But whether it goes ahead or not, this is essentially a media story more than anything else, and come next week, it'll be all forgotten about.

That's a very, very one sided view.

I won't condone that post simply because I'm a 9/11 conspiracy theorist and do not believe Islamic fanatics destroyed the WTC. It was the US government that was behind the attacks all along. Al Qaeda does NOT exist, it's a fictional group fabricated by the US government to strike fear into their citizens in order to maintain control over them.

Do not believe everything the media tells you. Bin Laden's beard is also a fake.

After 10 years of Militant Islamists flying planes into buildings, bombing trains and hotels around the world, planting IED's against the American military, desecrating flags, embassies and other American property on a regular basis, should the Yanks always sit there and accept it?

The pastor has had enough of his country and it's interests constantly threatened and attacked. He is insulted by a Muslim Centre opening yards from where terrorists acting in their name smashed their way into the WTC killing thousands of his countrymen. Only yesterday, his national flag was destroyed again in Islamic protests.

You can't condone it, it isn't going to bridge the gap between the Christian and Islamic way of life, but you understand why he has decided to take his retaliation. But whether it goes ahead or not, this is essentially a media story more than anything else, and come next week, it'll be all forgotten about.

What, so because a small minority of Islamic people do something, the whole religion should be punished?

I am sure you agree with the fact that the Americans deserved 9/11 then because they have killed just as much people from other countries, if not more, an eye for an eye and all that, eh?

I understand why Americans hold these views, why they would want to burn the Quran, why they would object to a Muslim centre being built within 3 blocks of Ground Zero (not "yards"); It's because the American government has led its citizens to believe they are at war with Islam.

It's like us saying that we object to there being a Catholic church in Warrington, because of the IRA bombings. It's horse shit, but like Germans in the 1930s, they're being constantly fed these lies until it becomes instilled in them and they're too brainwashed/thick to challenge it. It's the rest of the world who should feel ashamed of ourselves for sitting back idly and watching it happen.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Someone should set fire to a set of Encyclopedia Britannica and see if anyone kicks off, after all it would be the only book with any facts or knowledge contained within the pages thats on fire.

I'm going for Bolshie/Wan Kerr. Get your bets in now.

After 10 years of Militant Christians bombing buildings, bombing trains and hotels around the world, planting IED's against the British military, desecrating flags, embassies and other British property on a regular basis, should the Yanks always sit there and accept it?

The pastor has had enough of his country and it's interests constantly threatened and attacked. He is insulted by a Catholic opening yards from where terrorists acting in their name smashed their way into the Warrington city centre killing thousands of his countrymen. Only yesterday, his national flag was destroyed again in Irish protests.

You can't condone it, it isn't going to bridge the gap between the Christian and Christian way of life, but you understand why he has decided to take his retaliation. But whether it goes ahead or not, this is essentially a media story more than anything else, and come next week, it'll be all forgotten about.

Who's the fool?

I would never set fire to the Koran or the bible, no matter what I thought of them or their followers.

I just don't think they would burn that well.

Depending on the type of paper contained therein, I would happily wipe my arse with the pair of them should I run out of bog roll and one or both were to hand.

I love living in a multicultural society. I like difference so much that I travelled extensively with the sole purpose of integrating myself into as many different cultures as I could. It's alright for us to sit here, educated in a certain way, raised in a society where some things are normal and other things are not. For others, they see it as utterly bizarre. Actually, people I grew up with see it as bizarre. It's these bizarre differences that we need not to mock, but to strive to understand. In my opinion.

Yeah integrating your nutsacks in Thai hookers fadges.

We all gasped in wonderment at your noble efforts. Keep lecturing people, we all need it, personally I need a father figure to talk down to me and treat everyone like a child so I can see how with a well paid job and a wave of your passport it's easy to be better than everyone else.

Go on, Pm some people about it.

I agree with SDs original comment except maybe morons may be too strong a word.

As a christian ive seen bibles burnt in films and tv programmes but so what? Its only pieces of paper with ink on and not the original scrolls or tablets.

But this was just a publicity stunt by a right wing publicity seeking 'minister' who believes all the garbage the US media force feed its citizens about ALL muslims being terrorists.

He has now achieved his 15 minutes of fame and can now go back to hypnotising rattlesnakes every sunday at his church.

I won't condone that post simply because I'm a 9/11 conspiracy theorist and do not believe Islamic fanatics destroyed the WTC. It was the US government that was behind the attacks all along. Al Qaeda does NOT exist, it's a fictional group fabricated by the US government to strike fear into their citizens in order to maintain control over them.

Do not believe everything the media tells you. Bin Laden's beard is also a fake.

lunar_landing.jpg

This pic was shot in a guys garage in Sherman Oaks...

I agree with SDs original comment except maybe morons may be too strong a word.

As a christian ive seen bibles burnt in films and tv programmes but so what? Its only pieces of paper with ink on and not the original scrolls or tablets.

But this was just a publicity stunt by a right wing publicity seeking 'minister' who believes all the garbage the US media force feed its citizens about ALL muslims being terrorists.

He has now achieved his 15 minutes of fame and can now go back to hypnotising rattlesnakes every sunday at his church.

You're not seriously suggesting that all muslims aren't terrorists are you? Pretty much every muslim I could name is a terrorist. There's Osama bin Laden, that shoe-bomber bloke, them London tube guys, those 9/11 pilots, that bloke the police shot on the London underground, and that Cat Stevens - every single one of the fuckers a terrorist. What more proof do you need??

I would never set fire to the Koran or the bible, no matter what I thought of them or their followers.

I just don't think they would burn that well.

Depending on the type of paper contained therein, I would happily wipe my arse with the pair of them should I run out of bog roll and one or both were to hand.

It's a good point this. Bibles are usually put together using extremely thin pages and I would assume the Koran uses similar paper. It wouldn't burn well at all and it certainly wouldn't burn for long. Some of them are covered in leather too, which doesn't burn well at all.

Stupid idea, they really didn't think this through.

The bloke the police shot on the underground wasn't a Muslim, he was a random bloke who lived in the same block of flats as some Muslims.

so you're suggesting he didn't deserve what he got? Pfft. Don't be so niave. He lived with muslims, and looked a bit like one too. He was almost certainly guilty of some terror related offence.

This guy is unhinged, illiberal and dangerous. No, not SD, the pastor. This is not the first time he's done this sort of thing. He once organised a ceremonial burning of every copy of a book of Revelations by a prophet called Duncan Oldham which threatened to shake the football world to its foundations.