You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spot on, it was like the wank fest that happened when we signed the legend that is Joe Cole and the supposed gratitude for retaining gerrard and torres. The fact is so many of our fans are just plainly ignorant or don't want to face the reality that we have an average manager, signed average players and are royaly fcuked as a club.

But hey everything will be fine we have Joe Cole and Konchesky led by the great Hodgson.

Totally agree. Mereiles is another example. Which other premiership clubs could and would have signed him if we didn't? The likes of West Ham, Bolton, Birmingham, Fulham, Newcastle and Sunderland.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the club being run responsibly (or as close to a semblance of responsibility as we can hope for under C&A). The shape of the squad is a concurrent concern to the status of the club's ownership and needed to be dealt with as best as possible. The fact that despite the constraints we are in a stronger position now than we were a year ago makes this a positive summer.

1. Run responsibly? No it's them making a profit off us and us while we watch the squad getting shitter and shitter every season.

2. Stronger position than last season? So it wouldn't be unrealistic to expect top 4 finish minimum, after all this is what Rafa was expected to do, so if Roy doesn't finish top 4 he should be sacked.

Guest ShoePiss
Where has the £31 million from our exploits in Europe last season gone?

£42 million raised in player sales, £25 million reinvested.

How much do you think we're saving on the wage budget now? About £10 million?

And people are trying to justify all this with half arsed opinions about our new signings and saying the squad has improved when the evidence patently proves otherwise.

Yeah, we're fucked.

There is no wage budget, it's all part of the transfer budget so we should have extra cash from that too :)

From that happy rumour thread, posted by Randy Marsh -

OUT

Dossena

Voronin

Insua

Aquilani

Plessis

Dalle Valle

Kacaniclic

Cavalieri

Benayoun

Riera

Nemeth

Mihaylov

San Jose

Mascherano

£42.65m

IN

Shelvey

Jovanovic

Cole

Wilson

Meireles

Konchesky

Jones

Poulsen

Maxi

£25.5m

Money's sometimes a distorting factor. I'd argue the players brought in are overall of a higher quality, while thinning some of the less able players out. Don't forget, we're in debt. I don't like it either but it must be acknowledged. If not, we'll become Leeds, Cardiff, Pompey, et al. Whiskeyface isn't spending massively and manages to get the job done...

Guest TesticleOReilly
Maybe you need to get in the real world and appreciate that this club has to watch it's balance to ensure that it continues to exist, the people minding the affairs of the club will ensure that we have the cashflow to prevent a winding up order being served, it's their job. Efforts aimed at anything less would be professional negligence. Roy has to operate within these margins.

Ranting about the owners is not presenting yourself as knowledgable, it's stating the obvious. We all know the root cause of the club's problems. But ignoring it and spending irresponsibly is no way to solve the problem.

It's the club being run responsibly (or as close to a semblance of responsibility as we can hope for under C&A). The shape of the squad is a concurrent concern to the status of the club's ownership and needed to be dealt with as best as possible. The fact that despite the constraints we are in a stronger position now than we were a year ago makes this a positive summer.

Unfortunately you are completely and utterly wrong. What you've said is what you hope is going on, or what you'd like to believe, because the alternative is too depressing to admit or comprehend.

The reality is that we are the new Texas Rangers.

The fact that despite the constraints we are in a stronger position now than we were a year ago makes this a positive summer.

Substantiate that without using one eyed opinions on our new signings.

We've lost a proven world class defensive midfielder.

We've lost a proven world class playmaker in Alonso.

We've failed to properly replace the gargantuan Sami Hyypia.

The Robbie Keane money was never reinvested.

Your opinion is one thing, the facts are another and the facts are that the squad has been downgraded yet again, we have made NET profit yet again, the wage bill has been slashed yet again and you're trying to justify all that with misinformation and half arsed opinions.

Totally agree. Mereiles is another example. Which other premiership clubs could and would have signed him if we didn't? The likes of West Ham, Bolton, Birmingham, Fulham, Newcastle and Sunderland.

Oh dear, where to start?

I think I will start and finish with the 4 clubs reportedly being in for him the last year.

Inter, Barcelona, Chelsea and the mancs.

He's been linked with Old Trafford all summer... Probably Man Utd would be the most likely destination if Fergie had been willing, or perhaps been able, to spend the money...

True, I said as much, but he has been pushing for this move for years. Get over it, any player who doesn't want to play for the shirt shouldn't be cried over. We've brought in two good playesr for him, one of which is of the ilk we should have been signing after selling Xabi.

Not sure how Aqua fits into this point... Konchesky is better than last season's left back, he is better than Agger at left back and actually lets our best CB play in the middle. Which is a bonus.

Konchesky isn't better than Insua how did you figure that out he wasn't even good enough for West Ham and obviously wasn't even good enough for Fulham, I bet they couldn't believe their luck when we gave them 2 players and £4m for a distinctly poor and average player like him.

Maybe you need to get in the real world and appreciate that this club has to watch it's balance to ensure that it continues to exist, the people minding the affairs of the club will ensure that we have the cashflow to prevent a winding up order being served, it's their job. Efforts aimed at anything less would be professional negligence. Roy has to operate within these margins.

Those who are supposed to be balancing our cash flow have got us in to this fucking mess by lying to us repeatedly. We have to manage our cash flow like a mid table team because of THEM and that is why ROy is our MANAGER because we are becoming a mediocre club with mediocre players with mediocre expectations and a MEDIOCRE MANAGER.

Ranting about the owners is not presenting yourself as knowledgable, it's stating the obvious. We all know the root cause of the club's problems. But ignoring it and spending irresponsibly is no way to solve the problem.

No one asked to spend irresponsibly but I don't want money we dont have to be wasted on over hyped players like Cole and shit players like Konchesky i rather we didn't fucking spend any money than waste money on mediocre players.

We are not in a stronger position we are WEAKER IN EVERY FUCKING SENSE, we are paying £110,000 in debt and will be hit with an extra £60 million of more debt but according to you everything is fine and better. Get in the real world it is ignorance displayed by you that allows that current liars to continue their robbing of our club.

Your opinion is one thing, the facts are another and the facts are that the squad has been downgraded yet again, we have made NET profit yet again, the wage bill has been slashed yet again and you're trying to justify all that with misinformation and half arsed opinions.

Well said mate but facts are wasted on ignorant arseholes like him.

The only fact out of that is only one of those players have left since this time last year.

I'd argue the players brought in are overall of a higher quality, while thinning some of the less able players out.

That's your opinion, until those new players prove themselves and go some way above and beyond.

The facts are and will remain that we have yet again made NET profit, for the 4th transfer window running.

I would have hoped for more, but at the end of the day I actually think we have a better first team and squad toay than we did on the same day one year ago.

Konchesky is a better left back than Insua.

Meireles is a more complete midfielder than Mascherano and unless we play Lucas an Poulsen as our CM something I hardly think we will, we will have improved in this area something that was vital for our possible improvement.

Cole is a better player than both Benayoun and Riera and Babel might be like a new signing if he is being given a ai crack up front.

Its not all doom and gloom even if we probably will have to use most of our profit in the market to pay off interests, but for the clubs survival I guess thats something we needed to do given the situation we are in with no genuine offers on the table and potential buyers might biding their time until October.

A team including

Reina

Johnson

Carra

Agger

Konchesky

Poulsen/Lucas

Meireles

Kuyt/Maxi

Gerrard

Cole

Torres

should be more than good enough to easily beat most of the teams in the league and they should be more than good enough to give both Chelsea and the mancs serious worries when we are up against them.

We also have players like Babel, Skrtel, Aurelio, Jovanovic, Pacheco, Kelly, N`Gog etc to turn to so we are far away from being relegation fodder or a mid table team yet.

I`m sure we will get better results than last season and I think we will at least get 4th, because this team should be able to get at least 75 points an I dont think either City or Spurs will manage that.

What we see infront of us is now the reality we have to live with, let the season finally kick off for real!

how many of these players would get into the utd or chelski first 11?

I can only see Reina, Gerrard and Torres

The only fact out of that is only one of those players have left since this time last year.

Have we replaced them or replaced them adequately?

Has there been adequate funds used in trying to replace?

Fact is, we're still waiting on Robbie Keane's replacement.

Mate you are wasting your time with the pure ignorance. Sometimes I wonder if we have the owners we deserve.

It's good to humour these types of comments though and to find out what drives people to make such comments and display such ignorance.

Nothing more than denial from some and the want to be argumentative and appear a smartarse from others.

It could be worse guy's, think of Arsenal who have gone another transfer window without signing a decent keeper and left with Almunia & Fabianski.

Still pissed we did;nt get a striker but the swap deal with Cole/Babel would'nt have been that great as Cole is'nt that any better than Babel is he?

It could be worse guy's, think of Arsenal who have gone another transfer window without signing a decent keeper and left with Almunia & Fabianski.

No consolation whatsoever.

I am only interested in what happens at Liverpool.

Arsenal or whoever else can just fuck right off.

Massively disappointing that we didn't manage to sign any of the two or three players that we need to compete for a CL place this season. I think we're going to struggle to stay in the top 6 until January now if I'm being honest. Did we really only have Cole and Toivonen as forward targets? And why weren't we looking at any wide players?

Unfortunately you are completely and utterly wrong. What you've said is what you hope is going on, or what you'd like to believe, because the alternative is too depressing to admit or comprehend.

The reality is that we are the new Texas Rangers.

Actually the reality you mention is implicit in my post. H&G's work is already done, as I have said all summer, they are just trying to avoid a takeover so they can rack up as much equity as possible. The people in charge of the books directly pretty much have their hands tied by events that have already taken place. H&G do not want their debts paid off at this stage, they know the political pressure the ever mounting debt to Kop Holding represents and it's their biggest weapon right now. The real danger is that if we do not find new owners by the RBS deadline then we will spend all of our cash flow to pay down debt and in the process limit the power of RBS to demand a takeover. This would leave H&G with a few options (none of which would be good for us), but most importantly, all of the cards.

None of this removes the fact that those in charge of our books right now have a responsibility to keep the club running as best they can and one thing that will mean RBS calling in the debt for good is a set of accounts that show that we could have paid them, but decided not to.