You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cole's red was correct, Kocielny's was not...how is that having it in for us?

For that bold statement alone, you should be beaten to death with a shitty stick you cockend.

How in all thats holy, was coles foul a straight red?

You sir are a chav and a bitter blueshite and you should be raped by preists for the next several months until you wake the fook up.

Apologies, I know im new here, but fook me, thats just bollocks

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not happy with the formation, but apart from that, I was happy today with the performance, the commitment, the enthusiasm, which wasn't there most of last season. Very happy to see the return of man-to-man marking, worked perfectly today, and defending corners with players on both posts, something I consider a fundamental part of the game. Red card was very harsh, didn't help that it was right in front of their fans putting extra pressure on the ref. It's a mistimed challenge, but a yellow at most.

I suggested playing up the Kop in the first half. While it didn't happen, as soon as we did play up the Kop, we scored inside 60 seconds. Coincidence? We were without our star forward for most of the day, and we were down to 10 men for half the game. I'm not happy with losing the 2 points, but I'm optimistic if we can keep that performance up, that we'll be competitive. Go into the Trabzonspor game now, go and win it, and take the confidence into the first visit to mancland next week.

I was happy with the formation, we were fine with that part. I could not care less if we mark man to man or zonally, makes no difference as long as the players understand their roles. The red card was correct, massively stupid by Cole, the only problem was that Wilshere should have had a red, as well..

Where the goal was scored was a coincidence. Arsenal fell asleep, they were

worse with 11 against 10 as sometimes happens. You are right in the next game being very important, it would be good to go to play ManC after a convincing win.

What was Cole doing, going to ground right up in their corner at that stage of the game; that's what we should be asking? We know Atkinson will do us on the slightest whim.

Oh, and I wish a horrible debilitating disease on whoever is doing the "hope we get beat" tag. Seriously, that's enough now.

What was Cole doing, going to ground right up in their corner at that stage of the game; that's what we should be asking? We know Atkinson will do us on the slightest whim.

Must have read a lot of forums where supporters complained about players not working hard enough.

What was Cole doing, going to ground right up in their corner at that stage of the game; that's what we should be asking?

Must think he's still playing for Chelsea, where you can make challenges like that without even a free kick being given. Roman's brown paper bags are history, son.

any news on Agger?

Yeah, he's still not a left-back.

We were shite. Absolute shite. No spark, no inspiration. Cole not getting the ball, Ngog isolated and getting caught offside frequently. Gerrard doing his Hollywood passing. Kuyt running into the first man. Agger and Johnson rarely getting past the halfway line.

Please explain how you go from this "Fantastic second half display. We showed fight, desire and determination. Scouse solidarity shone through. Many wools out and about the stadium but we showed them how it's done. Ngog played brilliantly. Pepe Reina 10/10. He is an absolute fucking legend. You could see the pain on his face. Torres. looks like he could be ready for first team action soon.

Good debut for Roy, we played positively when we needed to and hit them on the break when he needed to.

Koscielny is now one of the most hated cunts in the League. " To the above post in 7 minutes ?????????????????????????????????

Please explain how you go from this "Fantastic second half display. We showed fight, desire and determination. Scouse solidarity shone through. Many wools out and about the stadium but we showed them how it's done. Ngog played brilliantly. Pepe Reina 10/10. He is an absolute fucking legend. You could see the pain on his face. Torres. looks like he could be ready for first team action soon.

Good debut for Roy, we played positively when we needed to and hit them on the break when he needed to.

Koscielny is now one of the most hated cunts in the League. " To the above post in 7 minutes ?????????????????????????????????

Game of two halves son.

Oh, and I wish a horrible debilitating disease on whoever is doing the "hope we get beat" tag. Seriously, that's enough now.

Curbishley called it a "cheap tackle" He went on to explain that is was a typical forwards tackle trying to close down the pass and hopefully winning it, maybe even taking the ball and he man off the pitch and getting the crowd going. If you watch Cole he is watching the ball during and after the attempt it was the trailing leg that caught the man. In hindsight probably a daft tackle but I'm guessing the occassion got the better of Joe.

It's been a long, long time since I saw us play well in the first game of the season, and I can't think of many seasons ever when we HAVE started in good form. In a World Cup year my expectations are as low as they get. We need to get good results straight away, but I'll reserve judging the style until about ten games in, as I've always done.

never a sending off, don't care what the "letter of the law" is, if it means thats a sending off its bollocks

I'm completely gutted but i know i shouldn't be and am proud of how our lads did, I rate N'gog more than most but when Cole was sent off i did fear for how he would do with no support but he stepped it up a level in the second half, finish reminded me of Torres's against scum last season, was hoping Maxi playing on the left would have been an idea which left with Rafa as he is half the player he is on the right

completely fucking despise Arsenal more everytime we play them, getting up to Manc level now

look at the tackle again. It was never a red -- these happen every game, so in that way maybe it was "cheap". But look at where their fucker holds his leg afterwards. Cole didn't go anywhere near there. His acting and their fans got them the red. I hope we will be appealing.

Mind you, we were much better without Cole, though it would be nice to have the option of him playing against the Shitty..

Goes to show how many whopers there are on here these days!

It was a rash challenge from Cole but never a red card in my opinion. He dived in to actually block the ball and his momentum took him into the player.

How that's a red when Wilshere did the same to Mascherano, is just laughable.

Having said that, we were absolutely shite in the first half and sat so deep that you'd have thought it was n away European game where you're trying to cling on to a one goal lead.

Hodgson is going to need a long time to get the team playing differently.

Wouldn't hold my breath. I think this is how we'll set out against top half opposition, whether it's home or away. Doubt it has got anything to do with the previous manager and his playing style, Hodgson works with exactly the same methods, which is why I'm so surprised he was our choice to replace Rafa. Hope to God Mascherano stays, as our pressing off the ball without him must be about bottom of the league, Gerrard and both fullbacks being especially bad at it.

Goes to show how many whopers there are on here these days!

From the context he's clearly talking about the first half in one post and the second half in the other and I can't fault him at all myself, as I felt exactly the same about what was a hugely schizophrenic performance. Self fulfilling prophecy on the whopper line? Maybe you're sound and I'm wrong but it's got a whiff of superfan about it at the very least.

look at the tackle again. It was never a red -- these happen every game, so in that way maybe it was "cheap". But look at where their fucker holds his leg afterwards. Cole didn't go anywhere near there. His acting and their fans got them the red. I hope we will be appealing.

Mind you, we were much better without Cole, though it would be nice to have the option of him playing against the Shitty..

With the aid of replays I would agree and the frog did milk it but in real time and from the refs angle it probably looks dangerous and it is Atkinson don't forget. I'm guessing we would have been asking for a red if it was the other way round.