You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you saw Koscielny tackle and thought he was play acting, then you are clueless mate. The question should be why did Cole go in like that when there was no threat whatsoever? He gave the ref no choice and both his feet was of the ground. Im sure he wanted to show he’s keen as he hardly had a kick in the game. You had gerrard, mach and Cole in your midfield and they were dominated by an unfit diaby, 18 year old wilshere and Nasri…..If that was Liverpool up for a game, I hate to see how they will perform in a cold November when the vibe of new manager wears down.

Neither side dominated the midfield and 11 v 11 I would have expected and hoped Liverpool to win. When Cole was sent off for merely blocking the ball down the line and catching Koscielny (nothing like as bad as Wilshere going right through Mascherano) I'd have been happy to get a point and that's what we got.

We should I totally agree have been dominating the midfield but you try explaning to people on here that Mascherano and Gerrard are not a viable option against better teams consistently and see the reaction you get.

Mascherano becomes a much better player when we are under the kosh and his positioning improves massively as well as he sits back more and has players all around him allowing him to force the attacking player to make a decision, usually one he isn't comfortable with.

A draw was the fair result but it should have been Rosicky's goal where you put it together beautifully not that fluff at the end that took the point but then football is rarely like that is it?

Bottom line for a team that were struggling and make shift your lads put in one hell of a spirited performance for such a tough game. The worry for you though would be this; you talk about how you had no one in defensive midfield which is true, but who exactly is going to come in to change that? A player who's half way to Barca and not known for his defensive ability? Song who is vastly overrated? Denilson who only looks comfortable in a 5 man midfield?

One more then, if Cole and Gerrard are vastly overrated English players, then Fabregas is a vastly overrated Spaniard. Yeah in other words, bollocks.

Guest Pistonbroke

One thing which struck me whilst watching the game yesterday was the amount of new kits being worn. I can understand the kids having them on, my own 10 year old son wanted a new top which he paid for out of his birthday money. I couldn't say no as even though i have explained the situation to him a 10 year old kid just wants to have a new top and not get embroiled in the politics. But i was shocked at the amount of adults wearing the new kit, probably quite a few of them use the various forums saying they wouldn't i bet.

It is a cliche, but this was a game of two halfs.

I thought in the first half Arsenal kept the ball really well and controlled the game really. However despite all this possession, they didn't really look threatening or create any chances of note. Our side looked very hard to break down and with Arsenal pushed high up the field it could have been us who had the best opportunites, with just two long balls from the defense and one through ball by Gerrard to Ngog, only for the young lad to be offside. If he just held his run then he could have been in a couple of times.

Arsenal always keep the ball well, so I don't think this is an indication of things to come under Hodgson, I expect us to control most games - especially at home. But what was nice to see was the form of Mascherano, Gerrard, Skrtel, Carragher etc - many of which struggled last season. Ironically it was our best player last season Reina, that cost us three points - but Gerrard is right when he says he will win us plenty of points of the course of the season to make up for it.

The sending off changed the game and I don't think it was a red, I would have given a yellow - but then again I am biased. However I actually thought we played better in the second half, certainly creating more chances and keeping the ball better when we had it. Ngog did really well with his goal, but also running his ass off when he wa son the pitch, he is improving all the time.

Again Arsenal had most of the possession but lacked cutting edge more often than not. However I must admit my heart skipped a beat when Rosicky somehow found his way past the excellent Mascherano and Gerarrd, then beating the centre backs only to find his shot being tipped over by Reina.

It was nice to see Torres get some minutes and hopefully that will help him reach top fitness. I would have taken 4 points before the season started from the first two games and having watched Man City vs Spurs I still think that is very much possible.

Arsenal will control games against all teams in the league and I include Chelsea and MAn U in that. But time after time, they won't be able to break teams down and they nearly didn't against us and wouldn't have if it wasn't for an error.

Don't think this game will tell us much about how we will play under Roy. But what was nice to see was the form of some of our key players and the passion shown by someone like Mascherano who wants to leave the club. A draw is a decent result given the circumstances in the game, but I think we need to beat Man City to show our intent and ensure we aren't playing catch up after two games of the season.

Re the goal. Those twats at Sky are doing N'Gog a massive injustice. Yes the keeper probably should have done better, but it was still such a sweet strike. Even if Almunia had got a hand to it, I doubt he'd have stopped it.

I don't remember a similar lynching of Van Der Sar last season when he let in a practically identical goal from Torres. Well in N'Gog.

One of the key things I noticed about yesterdays performance was how we stopped passing sideways. To be more precise, Benitez was more about build up play, patient play and looking for the right ball at the right moment, at the right moment in time. Now the rights and wrongs of this can be debated another time, but it was refreshing to see us always looking for the forward ball. Ngog really surprised me, his movement was terrific and even though he was caught offside a fair few times it was still great to see him making those runs.

Jovanovic's movement was brilliant and he was always pushing forward, he reminded me of a much more stronger Kuyt with a first touch, and wasn't afraid to move the defenders about. Cole was similar, until he got himself sent off, he's going to be boss for us though, I can feel it.

Gerrard was really influential in the centre of the park, and with a creative outlet such as Cole infront of him I think it speaks volumes of how we really missed out on a creative force such as Gerrard last season in midfield.

Mascherano was as always, looking for the ball, looking to kick someones head in, and it's nice to see that he has grown up and wasn't sulking as he was this stage last season. Carra got caught out a few times, but by yesterdays performance he still has a few years left, Agger should be first choice left back, and I hope Hodgson given the resources will perhaps push Johnson forward more because I'm more convinced about his ability to take players on, rather than defending.

Reina, well there is nothing more to say, it was an error. But 1 error in about 2-3 seasons is good going for the best goal keeper in the world. Don't worry Pepe Lid.

All in all, a good start with a good performance to match, yes it's a kick in the teeth how we conceded, but all things considered with the sending off, Agger having triple vision it's a good promising performance, and if we approach every game with that attitude and belief in our own ability we will do well this season.

PS. Whats with the new suits, suave as fuck them.

If you saw Koscielny tackle and thought he was play acting, then you are clueless mate. The question should be why did Cole go in like that when there was no threat whatsoever? He gave the ref no choice and both his feet was of the ground. Im sure he wanted to show he’s keen as he hardly had a kick in the game. You had gerrard, mach and Cole in your midfield and they were dominated by an unfit diaby, 18 year old wilshere and Nasri…..If that was Liverpool up for a game, I hate to see how they will perform in a cold November when the vibe of new manager wears down.

This is why you fuckers make me laugh. For all your first half possession you created the square root of fuck all. Let's also not forget that the majority of our midfield have played less than 90 mins of football. As for Cole , in an earlier post you said it was a yellow and now it's a red and yet a a far more dangerous Wilshere tackle brought only a yellow. It has taken the frog long to catch on to the Arsenal way of reacting to a foul has it. Away and shite yer heathen.

My initial thoughts

Our greatest quality today was grit and determination. We will not make the top four on grit and determination. We lacked quality in the first half and nearly pulled a smash and grab in the second. This would be a good performance for Stoke not for Liverpool.

We were poor in the first half. Sure Arsenal did not have any clear cut chances but neither did we.

Some observations.

Carra. The hoofing has to end. The amount of times he ignored an easy pass to a fullback or midfielder to hit a prayer in the direction of the corner flag was ridiculous. Why Gerrard as captain doesn't have a word is beyond me. Even if Ngog gets to the ball he will be isolated with little support.

Not convinced of a Gerrard and Masch midfield. When we have the ball Masch does too little and Gerrard does too much. May need time or...... Lucas.

Agger offers almost nothing going forward as a LB but I do feel safer with him there than Insua.

We need to build attacks from the back as it allows Johnson to get forward more and he is very good when he gets there.

Kuyt is the new Luis to me. The odd goal he scores does not make up for the possession he loses.

Ngog is a natural goal scorer. A reverse Heskey. I think he'll be good. Held up play pretty well too.

One of the key things I noticed about yesterdays performance was how we stopped passing sideways. To be more precise, Benitez was more about build up play, patient play and looking for the right ball at the right moment, at the right moment in time. Now the rights and wrongs of this can be debated another time, but it was refreshing to see us always looking for the forward ball. Ngog really surprised me, his movement was terrific and even though he was caught offside a fair few times it was still great to see him making those runs.

Jovanovic's movement was brilliant and he was always pushing forward, he reminded me of a much more stronger Kuyt with a first touch, and wasn't afraid to move the defenders about. Cole was similar, until he got himself sent off, he's going to be boss for us though, I can feel it.

Gerrard was really influential in the centre of the park, and with a creative outlet such as Cole infront of him I think it speaks volumes of how we really missed out on a creative force such as Gerrard last season in midfield.

Mascherano was as always, looking for the ball, looking to kick someones head in, and it's nice to see that he has grown up and wasn't sulking as he was this stage last season. Carra got caught out a few times, but by yesterdays performance he still has a few years left, Agger should be first choice left back, and I hope Hodgson given the resources will perhaps push Johnson forward more because I'm more convinced about his ability to take players on, rather than defending.

Reina, well there is nothing more to say, it was an error. But 1 error in about 2-3 seasons is good going for the best goal keeper in the world. Don't worry Pepe Lid.

All in all, a good start with a good performance to match, yes it's a kick in the teeth how we conceded, but all things considered with the sending off, Agger having triple vision it's a good promising performance, and if we approach every game with that attitude and belief in our own ability we will do well this season.

PS. Whats with the new suits, suave as fuck them.

Football is amazing. We saw the same game but I disagree with most of what you said.

You saw forward passing. I saw kicking away possession. I like the forward ball but not from our own half all the time. Not the Liverpool Way.

I thought Gerrard was impatient and could've played the simple pass more often. Cole did not get enough service to feet.

Carra plays well when we have the whole team behind the ball as we did in the second half and he doesn't have to cover space. He is a liability at most other times and should be dropped.

Agger is never a LB and looks like a CB playing LB. We need an attacking presence.

Agree with Johnson and Reina.

I think we have to improve greatly.

Football is amazing. We saw the same game but I disagree with most of what you said.

You saw forward passing. I saw kicking away possession. I like the forward ball but not from our own half all the time. Not the Liverpool Way.

I thought Gerrard was impatient and could've played the simple pass more often. Cole did not get enough service to feet.

Carra plays well when we have the whole team behind the ball as we did in the second half and he doesn't have to cover space. He is a liability at most other times and should be dropped.

Agger is never a LB and looks like a CB playing LB. We need an attacking presence.

Agree with Johnson and Reina.

I think we have to improve greatly.

We where losing possession but when we had the ball and pushed forward we looked dangerous, I mean we actually made Ngog look dangerous.

Last year we where boring, dull and basically tried to pass the opposition to death. Ngog's movement really contributed to the side's display. Don't get me wrong we did give the ball away a fair bit, but when we did have the ball we tended to look primary for the forward pass which was terrific.

Don't get me wrong there is room for improvement, but honestly after being 1 man down for 45 minutes, and down to 9 men for about 10 minutes I think coming out of that with a point is a very respectable result.

I was actually frustrated at times with how often we passed the ball sideways or backwards from decent positions yesterday (with the notable exception of Gerrard). We still seem to take the safest option in that regard, which doesn't always make for the best spectacle.

Hopefully Cole's ability to control a ball willl give us another reason to play it forward, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm not expecting fearless flair football in the coming months, but I'd settle for the high pressure, backs-to-the-wall commitment of the second half yesterday.

The Arsenal Way having downtime or something?

Sort your fans out as well. Screaming 'Hoooof' after a player clearly plays a measured ball over the top of the defence makes you all look like know nothing nobheads.

They are nob heads. Quickly forgotten how they were under Graham the thick cunts.

The sending off saved our blushes. First half we were clueless, hopeless and played without any ambition.

Second half the gunners appeared to think they'd get the three points on a plate, while our lads finally turned up and really gave it a go.

Add to that a soft goal and we almost got the three points on a bad day. But to say we deserved to win it based on our second half performance is as valid as saying we deserved to lose because of our heartless, gutless, useless shitehouse first harlf performance.

Some observations.

Carra. The hoofing has to end. The amount of times he ignored an easy pass to a fullback or midfielder to hit a prayer in the direction of the corner flag was ridiculous. Why Gerrard as captain doesn't have a word is beyond me. Even if Ngog gets to the ball he will be isolated with little support.

Not convinced of a Gerrard and Masch midfield. When we have the ball Masch does too little and Gerrard does too much. May need time or...... Lucas.

Agger offers almost nothing going forward as a LB but I do feel safer with him there than Insua.

We need to build attacks from the back as it allows Johnson to get forward more and he is very good when he gets there.

Kuyt is the new Luis to me. The odd goal he scores does not make up for the possession he loses.

Ngog is a natural goal scorer. A reverse Heskey. I think he'll be good. Held up play pretty well too.

I've got some observations:

You talk fucking shit. All the time.

The sending off saved our blushes. First half we were clueless, hopeless and played without any ambition.

Second half the gunners appeared to think they'd get the three points on a plate, while our lads finally turned up and really gave it a go.

Add to that a soft goal and we almost got the three points on a bad day. But to say we deserved to win it based on our second half performance is as valid as saying we deserved to lose because of our heartless, gutless, useless shitehouse first harlf performance.

Jeez, you must have no hair left after last season then I guess based on some of our games then? There were plenty of positives to take out of yesterday. Maybe with 11 men instead of 10 1-0 could have become 2-0 it's all speculation but the point is we improved as the game went on. If I remember rightly it was almost a reversal of last years game which we lost- then we controlled the first half and they ran the show in the second half.

Everything in the garden is not rosy by a long way but we're one game into the season and plenty of time to improve.

Gutted. But I have to say we were absolutely woeful in the first half. Probably was a reckless chance, but no way that Cole's tackle deserved a red card. If Wilshere was allowed to stay on the pitch then Atkinson had no reason to sent Cole off. Both feet weren't off the ground and his studs didn't touch Koscielny.

I was very surprised to see Ngog score, didn't know he could manage that. I was glad that Torres got his minutes. Gerrard and Mascherano were brilliant and Kuyt wasn't bad either.

We were just very unlucky at the end. Pepe clearly had an excuse for the first phase of the goal, as the sun was shining right in his eyes, but the second one was just so disappointing. That it just had to happen to Pepe was even more upsetting, as he saved our ass more than once earlier in the game, including that chance from Rosicky. The leg.

An honorable mention to our defense who were absolutely amazing today. All 4 of our defenders were fighting like warriors and let very little come in between them. Big bravo to them. Absolutely devastated that we'll probably miss Cole for all 3 games(City, WBA and Birminham), but he'll be back right in time for the United away game, which is something we can look forward to.

It is a cliche, but this was a game of two halfs.

I thought in the first half Arsenal kept the ball really well and controlled the game really. However despite all this possession, they didn't really look threatening or create any chances of note. Our side looked very hard to break down and with Arsenal pushed high up the field it could have been us who had the best opportunites, with just two long balls from the defense and one through ball by Gerrard to Ngog, only for the young lad to be offside. If he just held his run then he could have been in a couple of times.

Arsenal always keep the ball well, so I don't think this is an indication of things to come under Hodgson, I expect us to control most games - especially at home. But what was nice to see was the form of Mascherano, Gerrard, Skrtel, Carragher etc - many of which struggled last season. Ironically it was our best player last season Reina, that cost us three points - but Gerrard is right when he says he will win us plenty of points of the course of the season to make up for it.

The sending off changed the game and I don't think it was a red, I would have given a yellow - but then again I am biased. However I actually thought we played better in the second half, certainly creating more chances and keeping the ball better when we had it. Ngog did really well with his goal, but also running his ass off when he wa son the pitch, he is improving all the time.

Again Arsenal had most of the possession but lacked cutting edge more often than not. However I must admit my heart skipped a beat when Rosicky somehow found his way past the excellent Mascherano and Gerarrd, then beating the centre backs only to find his shot being tipped over by Reina.

It was nice to see Torres get some minutes and hopefully that will help him reach top fitness. I would have taken 4 points before the season started from the first two games and having watched Man City vs Spurs I still think that is very much possible.

Arsenal will control games against all teams in the league and I include Chelsea and MAn U in that. But time after time, they won't be able to break teams down and they nearly didn't against us and wouldn't have if it wasn't for an error.

Don't think this game will tell us much about how we will play under Roy. But what was nice to see was the form of some of our key players and the passion shown by someone like Mascherano who wants to leave the club. A draw is a decent result given the circumstances in the game, but I think we need to beat Man City to show our intent and ensure we aren't playing catch up after two games of the season.

Good post. I thought from Arsenals point of view, as wierd as it sounds, the sending off galvanised Liverpool and made things hard for us. We simply didnt stretch you or moved the ball quick enough. I really dont agree with you when you say Song is overrated, I would say Cole in the middle is overrated. There's a reason why no manager trusted him in the middle for the last 6-7 years both club and country.

What suprised me in the first half was how we controlled and took the sting out of the game, with this being the first game in anfield with a new manager and suddenly a much more positive vibe about Liverpool, i expected you to really have a go at us. But in all honestly both teams will get better and too many players just didnt have any pre season and came back from the world cup.

The sending off can be debated, but I wouldnt say it was a shocking decision. I think Cole simply just lost controlled of his body and clattered the long after he released the ball. I was wondering what you thought about our new skinny frenchmen Koscielny. thought he had an excellent game and won alot of headers and tackles.

I also have to say, as much as I hate Kuyt(for no apperant reason) he's a very underrated player and in Ngog you have a player who will get better and better. Think he will be a very good player in the future

Good post. I thought from Arsenals point of view, as wierd as it sounds, the sending off galvanised Liverpool and made things hard for us. We simply didnt stretch you or moved the ball quick enough. I really dont agree with you when you say Song is overrated, I would say Cole in the middle is overrated. There's a reason why no manager trusted him in the middle for the last 6-7 years both club and country.

So you're judging Cole on his form 7 years ago and 45 minutes at a new club and you've come to the conclusion he's shit in the middle.

Have. a. laugh. That's just typical Arsenal, I had Arsenal fans saying to me yesterday that Reina was shit after he fucked up. You lot seem to make snap judgements on players.

Cole didn't lose control of his body, Wilshere did though, the ball got away from him and he dived in. Joe just dived in to block the ball and caught the number 6, it was probably a red but it wasn't stonewall and the disgrace i've seen Arsenal fan's make it out to be.

So you're judging Cole on his form 7 years ago and 45 minutes at a new club and you've come to the conclusion he's shit in the middle.

Have. a. laugh. That's just typical Arsenal, I had Arsenal fans saying to me yesterday that Reina was shit after he fucked up. You lot seem to make snap judgements on players.

Cole didn't lose control of his body, Wilshere did though, the ball got away from him and he dived in. Joe just dived in to block the ball and caught the number 6, it was probably a red but it wasn't stonewall and the disgrace i've seen Arsenal fan's make it out to be.

Im not judging him on how he played 7 years ago, but how he has played during the last 7 years, Reina is a world class keeper and that guy was stupid. But I just dont think Cole is this messiah some of you gys are claiming. I do think Roy will see the light and put him on the wing soon enough and Gerrard behind Torres.

once more confirmation (not required for those who already know it and wasted on those who refuse to see it) that steven gerrard cannot play the central midfield role

i dont care how many negs i get for this

this guy needs to be put on the right wing where he is capable of destroying teams

once more confirmation (not required for those who already know it and wasted on those who refuse to see it) that steven gerrard cannot play the central midfield role

i dont care how many negs i get for this

this guy needs to be put on the right wing where he is capable of destroying teams

negged.