You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Borussia M'bach vs Liverpool

coop

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The young lads apart from Jonjo look out of their depth, it would be interesting to see how Suso does, he seems to be a cool customer when he's out their on that pitch.

Hope Suso gets a shout, I'd like to see Milan get some time with Stevie and Cole too.

Agree with you though, some of them just aren't ready!

Hmmm....first 30 minutes they looked like what they are; 11 men who have never played together before and probably never will again. Both Cavalieri and Ayala at fault for the goal, but I'd put the blame 70:30 with the 'keeper.

Last 10-15 was an improvement as we started to be a bit better at keeping the ball in the opposition's half.

Enjoyed watching young Shelvey - looks like he has huge amounts of confidence and was looking for the ball at every opportunity. Decent movement off the ball too.

Shelvey looks very promising; one of him and Gerrard needs to take more defensive responsibility though, and as captain I would expect it to be Gerrard.

Was closely watching them both throughout the half and it looks like they alternate, but yeah a few times they were both up there and it must be leaving us exposed further back. Shelvey looks like a great young player though and I hope he has a lot more time on the pitch alongside Gerrard. They both seem to click with eachother fine.

Insua and Johnson are concerning me as fullbacks in defence too, and as for the wings.....I'd rather see Ecclestone as the one upfront, and no clue what Ince is doing on that side if he's a left winger, have hardly seen anything from him.

First game back for a lot of players though and just happy to see them playing together again basically.

Shelvey is going to be a first team regular by the end of the season.

What's Roy's history of giving youngsters a chance?

It's safe to say we've had a lot of lads in the last few years that never got a crack at the first team.

Pacheco, Shelvey, Ayala (ignoring the mistake today) and Kelly could all look to stake a claim this coming season. With our lack of funds to buy instant first-teamers they might be needed...

Haha! Keeping me entertained during half time: The RAWK mods

"As i've already stated keep it to the football etc etc

Any pisstaking out of accents or anything similar and each person will receive a day off as a minimum. And will probably end up with the thread being locked again.

Think before you post or is that too hard?"

Shelvey at just gone 18 technically looks better than Lucas and seems to have much more composure,always looking for the ball which is fantastic. Although hard to know if he could play alongside Gerrard, that they might not offer the best shield for the back four.

Anyways Shelvey looks to have made the step up quite nicely and IMO i'd have him ahead of Lucas in heart beat. Watched him last season for Charlton and he was superb, was just a question if he could make that step up, goin gwell so far and could be a real quality buy for us.

It's a pre-season friendly - and the first run out since the World Cup for the England players - so not too much should be read into it. Insua just looks like the same guy we all know and are nervous about. Shelvey looks ok, while Eccleston, Ince and Dalle Valle are experiencing a step-up in opposition that can only be good for them.

The goal was ghastly. But the most depressing aspect of the day has been those fucking Setanta presenters and commentators. Prior to the game some fat, cockney, bagel salesman was still going on about Gerrard's disenchantment with our last manager and how the club would 'accept £25 M for him'. Unfuckingbelievable. Then we had the most irritating, clueless and boring pair of bastards ever to commentate on a Liverpool game. Now silence is golden.

Our midfield looks a bit inbalanced (only to be expected i suppose seen as they havent played together) i was all for doing away with a holding 2 in midfield once Masch went but watching the first half there we left the center halfs exposed a couple off times (Carra's booking for 1) maybe we have to have atleast 1 sitting midfielder

Hmmm....first 30 minutes they looked like what they are; 11 men who have never played together before and probably never will again. Both Cavalieri and Ayala at fault for the goal, but I'd put the blame 70:30 with the 'keeper.

Last 10-15 was an improvement as we started to be a bit better at keeping the ball in the opposition's half.

Enjoyed watching young Shelvey - looks like he has huge amounts of confidence and was looking for the ball at every opportunity. Decent movement off the ball too.

Yeh Shelvey looks very confident and his composure is a breath of fresh air aswell, good to see 2 midfielders (Shelvey & Cole) who actually like being on the ball and try to make things happen

What's Roy's history of giving youngsters a chance?

It's safe to say we've had a lot of lads in the last few years that never got a crack at the first team.

Pacheco, Shelvey, Ayala (ignoring the mistake today) and Kelly could all look to stake a claim this coming season. With our lack of funds to buy instant first-teamers they might be needed...

Roy said before that young players get you sacked, so I doubt he will play any of them in the league/cups.

Shelvey is gonna be the future England Captain, you heard it here first. I love the way he demands the ball off the likes of Cole and Gerrard, that's the sort of arrogance that this team sometimes lacks.

No you heard it off me and WaltonRed when he signed.

I'm claiming this cause i've touted him from day one!

Haha! Keeping me entertained during half time: The RAWK mods

"As i've already stated keep it to the football etc etc

Any pisstaking out of accents or anything similar and each person will receive a day off as a minimum. And will probably end up with the thread being locked again.

Think before you post or is that too hard?"

Ouch, that's fucking cringeworthy. Baffles me a bit why people get so worked up about some things on here when you know things like that are going on at places like rawk.