You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marlon King Talksport

PaulMcC

Phone in earlier on talksport, with all the presenters saying how he was a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to play football again and basically no one in football should employ him etc.

Guy calls in and says how they are all hypocrites, and are quite happy to sit and work there with Stan Collymore.

Cut him off.

The caller does have a point.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am goin gto admit it, I have been working on outreach three days this week and I have been partial to a bit fo Talksport on the way in and home. Adrian Durham started this yesterday, and I reckon they have a point about how no club should be taking King on, especially as most 'normal folk' would have to go through a CRB check for a hell of a lot jobs these days.

The caller also has a great point about Collymore too. The only difference is was Collymore ever jailed for sexual assault which is what King was charged for, both pair of cunts for what they did in my eyes of course.

The guy is a fucking disgrace for what he did but how long do you go on punishing him? 1 year? 3 years? 10 years? Hasn't he served his punishment?

For which offence? He's got 14 convictions, ranging from speeding to criminal damage to assault. He doesn't seem able to stay out of trouble for more than five minutes.

He's done his time and served his punishment for this offence, but how long until the next one?

That'd warn me off more than anything else. How many more chances do you give him? If I was a chairman or manager I'm not sure I'd want to risk taking him on. Just as an ordinary employer wouldn't look too favorably on someone like that.

I heard that too and it was a fuckin disgrace.

To be fair tough, Alan Brazil and Ronnie Irani both didn't sound too happy that he had been cut off and said that they'd have liked to hear what the feller had to say. He barely got the word Collymore out before the line went dead.

The point about King is that no club would employ anyone who was on the Sex Offenders Register, be it a program seller, someone in the ticket office or a physio. Why should that be any different for a footballer? They are still an employee of the club and should have to adhere to the same rules as any other member of staff, be it in a football club or any line of work.

His agent has been on the tele today pleading his case. King has had someting like 10 other previous convictions before this, and his turd of an agent is preaching to everyone about how he's served his time and should be forgiven. What a right pair of absolute cunts.

Dave Whelan also came on wishing him good luck in finding a new club and saying he'd have no problem in anyone else employing him, but not wigan. Hypocritical tit.

For which offence? He's got 14 convictions, ranging from speeding to criminal damage to assault. He doesn't seem able to stay out of trouble for more than five minutes.

He's done his time and served his punishment for this offence, but how long until the next one?

That'd warn me off more than anything else. How many more chances do you give him? If I was a chairman or manager I'm not sure I'd want to risk taking him on. Just as an ordinary employer wouldn't look too favorably on someone like that.

Exactly, the moral high ground has no place in football. If he never plays again it will be because he's not good enough and because the baggage he brings with him causes too much hassle.

What ever happened to that other player who was in prison a whiles back, think he killed someone with his car. Remember there being a "debate" on Talkshite too at the time.

Lee Hughes? Had a decent couple of years at Oldham and then scored 33 in 44 last season for Notts County.

Well I know kicking the bloke out of the only work he probably knows ain't going to help him.

Whoever takes him on - and someone will cos this is football - needs to ensure the guy goes through some serious rehabilitation.

Perfect point about Collymore!

But I will add, Geoff Boycott still employed by Sky, Graeme Rix was given the Hearts job after he had done time, and that prick Rob Shepherd is still a journalist!

If he serves his time, he should be free to earn a living, as best he can.

Lets put it in perspective here, he punched a women in the face and was sentenced, Tony Blair went to war on a false pretence which led to the death of hundreds of thousands!

Don't see him struggling for work.

Guest TesticleOReilly
They didn't even let him say collymore

You guys work with stan co.........

He barely got the word Collymore out before the line went dead.

In public radio there's a broadcast delay of around 7-10 seconds, to allow the producers to catch offensive material before it hits the air. We don't know what was said, after the word 'Collymore', the caller's language could have been a tad colourful, could have been prejudicial, we don't know.

Dave Whelan also came on wishing him good luck in finding a new club and saying he'd have no problem in anyone else employing him, but not wigan. Hypocritical tit.

Dave Whelan have an opinion on something? Well I never. Cunt.

Marlon King is quite clearly a troublemaker who should be let nowhere near football again.