You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Instant cunt identifiers

Remmie

16 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Haha. Brollies are a pain in the arse to carry round once it has stopped raining, but I paid a small fortune for a Fox umbrella, the other other year, so I need to convince myself I like using them.

Never heard of them, so looked them up.  Over a ton for a brolly, fuck me!

49 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Never heard of them, so looked them up.  Over a ton for a brolly, fuck me!

I bought mine in 2015. Like pretty much everything else, they’ve shot up in price, plus I got mine discounted. I was fed up with umbrellas breaking. I had loads of cheap ones that could barely withstand a gust of wind. The only really durable one I had was a Mizuno golf one but that was too big for walking around town when it was busy.

29 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I bought mine in 2015. Like pretty much everything else, they’ve shot up in price, plus I got mine discounted. I was fed up with umbrellas breaking. I had loads of cheap ones that could barely withstand a gust of wind. The only really durable one I had was a Mizuno golf one but that was too big for walking around town when it was busy.

Fair play, they do look well built.

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Addy doesn’t count as an Old Town Pub. It’s too far to walk. The Wilson’s is the last stop and it’s quite literally all downhill from there. 

Well it wasn't Brookvale or Murdishaw or Palace Fields, and it wasn't in Halton Village so it felt old town, I was living off Langdale Road at the time

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Back in the day our old town pub crawl would start at Canal Side, Navigation, The Egerton Arms then the Wilsons.

South Bank, The Dev, The Welly and The Masonic were all my haunts. 

On the weekend we’d all nip home to put a shirt on and then go down to Reno’s and The Royal to get pilled up and watch the fights at closing time. 

The Barley Mow was only good for the beer garden in the summer. 

For a brief period we used to frequent the Wine Bar on Saturday afternoons. What a place that is. 

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

Well it wasn't Brookvale or Murdishaw or Palace Fields, and it wasn't in Halton Village so it felt old town, I was living off Langdale Road at the time

Grangeway. It’s still plastic Scouse. The Old Town was the only place in Runcorn that didn’t practice those shenanigans. That’s why we all had wool accents. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Grangeway. It’s still plastic Scouse. The Old Town was the only place in Runcorn that didn’t practice those shenanigans. That’s why we all had wool accents. 

I used to go to the Eighties at the Cherry Tree on Grangeway on a Wednesday night for Metal Night. Was legged off as far as Southgate one night by some neanderthal skins. I got away, I wouldn't now

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Where the footy ground used to be.  

A mate worked the turnstile at Canal St and Runcorn drew Millwall ( I think) in the cup. Anyhoo, a mate who had uncanny resemblance to Ian Gillan and I were walking up to the ground for our free entrance surrounded by Millwall and I said "there's a deficiency in the hair department around here". 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

A mate worked the turnstile at Canal St and Runcorn drew Millwall ( I think) in the cup. Anyhoo, a mate who had uncanny resemblance to Ian Gillan and I were walking up to the ground for our free entrance surrounded by Millwall and I said "there's a deficiency in the hair department around here". 

I used to go down there, go in reception and ask to be a ball boy so I could get in for free. They used to give me a bib to wear and I’d get a free cup of tea and half of a sausage roll at half time.  

• Upvote 1

My first job was at the Williams & Glyns bank in the Shopping City, but a few colleagues had transferred from the High Street branch when they moved it and that subsequently became the Bank Chambers. I did go there once and all I could think was " Fucking Hell"

12 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Plazzys. I am I know. My bin isn't purple for a start.

I lived in Speke until I was four, started school there. Then moved to Runcorn. Back to Speke for a year when I was 10 (and full wool), back to Runcorn until my ma kicked me out at 14, moved back to Speke to live with my auntie and uncle, back to Runcorn at 16 when I moved into the Belvedere hostel in the Old Town for a year, got kicked out of there and into a hostel in Widnes for eight months, got a flat in Halebank when I was 18 that I hardly ever stayed in, always split my time between my mates/family in Runcorn and Speke and kip at their houses, then properly moved back to Speke at 20 and finally down to Suffolk when I was 24. That was 10 years ago. I’m still here.