You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man of the match - Game 32 - Tottenham Hotspur - Home - PL

Morse

Finally a match where you struggle to pick three for the right reasons. been a long time waiting.

Both CH`s did well, and Kyrgiakos has proved to be an astute signing. Mascherano and Lucas fought like lions, with the chief back to his old self. Obviously Kuyt with 2 goals, but he also linked well with Aquilani who did very well, as long as he could breathe. Kuyt does drop back too much for a lone striker, but this was hs best performanve in ages, he actually looked like a footballer.Alberto faded a bit in the second, but he showed what he can do, and I think swapping position with Gerrard ( when he is fit ) can do them both good.

Riera also gave us good shape, and even though he also drifted in and out of the match ( which was natural, considering lack of fitness ) he gave us another dimension to our play. And as always Reina made some vital saves.

I will go for

Aquilani

Kuyt

Reina

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order

Kuyt. Didnt actually think he played that well again but he was the match winner and that`s the bottom line.

Kyriagos. Solid again. Limited but does what he does well.

Riera. A bit more like his early self and gives the team better shape.

Well done Ngog, as poor as he was on Saturday his cameo tonight was excellant and showed good character.

Aquilani who did very well, as long as he could breathe. Kuyt does drop back too much for a lone striker, but this was hs best performanve in ages, he actually looked like a footballer.Alberto faded a bit in the second, but he showed what he can do, and I think swapping position with Gerrard ( when he is fit ) can do them both good.

I think as much as anything Aquilani and Gerrard in tandem behind Torres could potentially be very promising. A 4-1-4-1 if you will.

Krygiakos - We seem much more solid with him

Kuyt - Great first goal. Lead from the front. Shoulda scored more though.

Pepe - the save from modric was vital.

A mention for Carra as he set the standard from the start with the passion he showed going into a few tackles. Even later on when he bombed past Bale to keepm the ball in.

Krygiakos - We seem much more solid with him

Kuyt - Great first goal. Lead from the front. Shoulda scored more though.

Pepe - the save from modric was vital.

A mention for Carra as he set the standard from the start with the passion he showed going into a few tackles. Even later on when he bombed past Bale to keepm the ball in.

Kuyt

Greek

Masch

Honourable mentions for Jamie & Ngog.

Just got back from the game & I know you often see things differently on tv , but I am surprised to see Aquilani mentioned in a few top 3's. I thought he struggled , albeit he was not awash with options when he had the ball.

Guest davelfc

1.Kuyt

2.kyrgiakos

3.Carragher

Special mentions to Degen, Riera, Aquilani. But I also thought the whole team played well tonight. Shame to miss anyone out.

1) Carra

2) Masch

3) Kuyt

The perfomance tonight was all about effort and commitment and those 3 were the best imo but as many are saying for once for a LFC match recently there were many candidates - in fact I'd say there were no poor performances - how long is it since you were able to say that!!