You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thomas O Hicks Junior

StevieH

Stephen.Atkinson@sc.com

Piotr.A.Zajac@sc.com

Ashia.Razzaq@sc.com

Dear All,

I wonder if you would be interested in commenting on remarks made by Liverpool FC Director Thomas O Hicks Jnr to a Liverpool supporter over the weekend.

A copy of the article from the Sunday Mail is below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1242013/Liverpool-director-Tom-Hicks-Junior-foul-mouthed-email-war-furious-Reds-fans.html

As the main sponsor of Liverpool FC from next season, how do you feel about associating yourself with such a vile individual who treats his supporters or "customers" as the Americans like to say with such contempt?

Should the ownership of Hicks and Gillett continue after this season, I would anticipate that their will be a continued boycott of all Liverpool FC merchandise together with all products of LFC commercial partners.

I await your comments on this matter.

Regards,

On occasion I use the beebs 606 message board to get a feel on what the less informed or younger fans think about new developments in the struggle to get these cunts out of our club. Some of the comments on there really show you what a fucking immense battle the SOS have to fight to inform the majority of our fans

"I heard something about this and too be honest all I heard was him telling them where to go and how he was sick of hearing from them which if they have been spaming his e-mails and making his life hell you cant really expect him to say otherwise now can you?"

"1. the "fan" sold the story to a rag for his own ends.

2. only the hicks side was published.

I've been a reds fan 25 years or more. I have a few standards and one of them is not going out of my way to send messages to the owners to abuse them.

how do you know that this guy sent in to get this response? HOW?

you say he's genuine... well did he say why he sold the story to a rag little better than the sun?"

It makes me so bloody mad that some people can't see the shit the yanks got us into.

Dominic King has confirmed that The Echo will be carrying a version of the online article tomorrow.

I think he deserves a great deal of credit for the excellent article that he wrote yesterday, which promoted me to send the email to Hicks. Chris Bascombe also deserves credit too. I spoke to him on the phone yesterday morning when this was all kicking off, and he clearly cares passionately about this football club.

I'll be very interested to see how many column inches it gets tomorrow.

Are SOS going to be contacting RBS about this ? and can someone post the email address to the state owned bank. Surely it cant do any harm if we all email them to express our disgust.

Stephen.Atkinson@sc.com

Piotr.A.Zajac@sc.com

Ashia.Razzaq@sc.com

Dear All,

I wonder if you would be interested in commenting on remarks made by Liverpool FC Director Thomas O Hicks Jnr to a Liverpool supporter over the weekend.

A copy of the article from the Sunday Mail is below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1242013/Liverpool-director-Tom-Hicks-Junior-foul-mouthed-email-war-furious-Reds-fans.html

As the main sponsor of Liverpool FC from next season, how do you feel about associating yourself with such a vile individual who treats his supporters or "customers" as the Americans like to say with such contempt?

Should the ownership of Hicks and Gillett continue after this season, I would anticipate that their will be a continued boycott of all Liverpool FC merchandise together with all products of LFC commercial partners.

I await your comments on this matter.

Regards,

I would collapse laughing if you got a reply saying "Piss off".

Guest PurpleNose
On occasion I use the beebs 606 message board to get a feel on what the less informed or younger fans think about new developments in the struggle to get these cunts out of our club.

If you want a real eye opener check out the Sky Sports News site and look at the comments from our fans about any article about us.

Absolutely sickening levels of ignorance.

Liverpool fans’ fury over abusive e-mail sent by Tom Hicks Jr | Liverpool - Times Online

From The Times

January 11, 2010

Liverpool fans’ fury over abusive e-mail sent by Tom Hicks Jr

Tony Barrett

Tom Hicks Jr was under mounting pressure to resign from the Liverpool board last night.

Hicks sent an offensive e-mail to a supporter and triggered a row that has led to a fans’ group accusing the club of “a conspiracy of silence”.

Hicks — the son of Tom Hicks, the Liverpool co-owner — sparked outrage at the weekend when he responded to an e-mail from Stephen Horner, a supporter, with consecutive abusive replies. The first simply said “idiot”, but the second said: “Blow me, f**k face. Go to hell, I’m sick of you.”

He has since apologised, but the Texan’s contrition has failed to quell growing calls for him to quit the club.

The Spirit of Shankly (SOS), a fans’ campaign group committed to the removal of Hicks Sr and George Gillett Jr, released a statement demanding the immediate resignation of Hicks Jr.

It was also heavily critical of the Liverpool hierarchy for remaining silent on the matter. On several occasions yesterday The Times sought a reaction from Liverpool, but to no avail.

Freud Communications, the London-based PR firm employed by the Hicks family, also failed to offer any comment on the matter.

“It is a great surprise and an even greater disappointment that Liverpool Football Club have thus far failed to make any comment on what we feel is a very serious matter,” James McKenna, a spokesman for SOS, said.

“Is this what the club has come to, that a board member can speak in such derogatory terms to a supporter but can go without censure or any public criticism?

“The conspiracy of silence which has followed this unsavoury incident is totally unbecoming of a club which has always prided itself on its relationship with the fans.

“Are we to presume that the Liverpool hierarchy condones the comments made by Tom Hicks Jr or is it simply a case that the deeply flawed regime of Hicks and Gillett has left the entire club in a state of paralysis?

“Surely the very least the Liverpool supporters deserve is an open and honest explanation from the club, an indication on their feelings about the objectionable behaviour of such a senior member of the board and a commitment that such an incident will not happen again.”

Horner had sought comments from Hicks about a weekend article in a local newspaper, following up revelations in The Times last Tuesday about Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, not being allowed to reinvest the proceeds from the planned sales of four players during the transfer window.

Hicks’s subsequent admission at least ended any debate about whether he had actually sent the offensive e-mail, but it has done little to negate the growing sense of outrage on Merseyside. Hicks told Horner: “I apologise for losing my temper and using bad language with you. It was a kneejerk reaction.”

Horner said: “The damage has been done by Hicks’s initial two e-mail messages that he sent me on Saturday morning and the apology received later in the day is hollow and probably a PR exercise.

“Hicks Jr should resign with immediate effect and it is time that Gillett and Hicks sold up and handed the reins over to people who understand the Liverpool way. They are not welcome at Anfield and should name their price and begin negotiations with more suitable investors who can take this great club forward.”

Not sure if this was posted, but the story made huge US sports website Deadspin, with caps of the emails.

"Blow Me F**k Face" — Great Moments In Fan Relations - Liverpool FC - Deadspin

Tom Hicks Jr., the Texas and Liverpool exec, might be rethinking his decision to make his contact info public after a foulmouthed response to one concerned fan. We've got the emails.

Hicks Jr. is a VP for Hicks Sports Group, the company through which his father owns the Rangers, Stars, and 50 percent of Liverpool FC. Junior is also a director on the board of Liverpool, which is currently carrying almost $400 million in debt.

Yesterday the Liverpool Echo ran an op-ed, charging that the team is being stingy and selling off its players to bring that debt down. One fan forwarded the op-ed to a number of front office members, including Hicks Jr. These are the responses he got (click to embiggen).

Hours later, once the responses had spread through supporters union Spirit Of Shankly, Hicks Jr. sent the fan an apology:

Stephen, I apologize for losing my temper and using bad language with you. It was a kneejerk reaction. Tommy."

Damage is done. Spirit of Shankly is calling for Hicks Jr.'s resignation, and all Liverpool are likely to get this transfer window is lowly Maxi Rodriguez. No one tell Reds supporters the Rangers just signed washed-up Vlad Guerrero for $6 million. [<-- All-Star baseball player...]

Liverpool fans’ fury over abusive e-mail sent by Tom Hicks Jr | Liverpool - Times Online

From The Times

January 11, 2010

Liverpool fans’ fury over abusive e-mail sent by Tom Hicks Jr

Tony Barrett

Tom Hicks Jr was under mounting pressure to resign from the Liverpool board last night.

Hicks sent an offensive e-mail to a supporter and triggered a row that has led to a fans’ group accusing the club of “a conspiracy of silence”.

Hicks — the son of Tom Hicks, the Liverpool co-owner — sparked outrage at the weekend when he responded to an e-mail from Stephen Horner, a supporter, with consecutive abusive replies. The first simply said “idiot”, but the second said: “Blow me, f**k face. Go to hell, I’m sick of you.”

He has since apologised, but the Texan’s contrition has failed to quell growing calls for him to quit the club.

The Spirit of Shankly (SOS), a fans’ campaign group committed to the removal of Hicks Sr and George Gillett Jr, released a statement demanding the immediate resignation of Hicks Jr.

It was also heavily critical of the Liverpool hierarchy for remaining silent on the matter. On several occasions yesterday The Times sought a reaction from Liverpool, but to no avail.

Freud Communications, the London-based PR firm employed by the Hicks family, also failed to offer any comment on the matter.

“It is a great surprise and an even greater disappointment that Liverpool Football Club have thus far failed to make any comment on what we feel is a very serious matter,” James McKenna, a spokesman for SOS, said.

“Is this what the club has come to, that a board member can speak in such derogatory terms to a supporter but can go without censure or any public criticism?

“The conspiracy of silence which has followed this unsavoury incident is totally unbecoming of a club which has always prided itself on its relationship with the fans.

“Are we to presume that the Liverpool hierarchy condones the comments made by Tom Hicks Jr or is it simply a case that the deeply flawed regime of Hicks and Gillett has left the entire club in a state of paralysis?

“Surely the very least the Liverpool supporters deserve is an open and honest explanation from the club, an indication on their feelings about the objectionable behaviour of such a senior member of the board and a commitment that such an incident will not happen again.”

Horner had sought comments from Hicks about a weekend article in a local newspaper, following up revelations in The Times last Tuesday about Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, not being allowed to reinvest the proceeds from the planned sales of four players during the transfer window.

Hicks’s subsequent admission at least ended any debate about whether he had actually sent the offensive e-mail, but it has done little to negate the growing sense of outrage on Merseyside. Hicks told Horner: “I apologise for losing my temper and using bad language with you. It was a kneejerk reaction.”

Horner said: “The damage has been done by Hicks’s initial two e-mail messages that he sent me on Saturday morning and the apology received later in the day is hollow and probably a PR exercise.

“Hicks Jr should resign with immediate effect and it is time that Gillett and Hicks sold up and handed the reins over to people who understand the Liverpool way. They are not welcome at Anfield and should name their price and begin negotiations with more suitable investors who can take this great club forward.”

I believe Tony Barrett reads this forum at times. If that's correct I can only hope he sees my heartfelt thanks for this magnificently spun article. Seriously, the weighting achieved in that piece by the choice of language is a thing of rare beauty, it's like watching Reubens paint.

/fanboy

Guest The Chimp

Would agree with that Robo re. Tony - fucking great article. Very impressed with what Jay said as well. Also first time on the site in a couple of days, and have to echo what everyone else has said about Stevie - very well done mate - fantastic work (I especially loved you calling Moores out).

Let's hope that screw keeps on getting turned and the pressure continues to be exerted on Randolph and Mortimer.

I believe Tony Barrett reads this forum at times. If that's correct I can only hope he sees my heartfelt thanks for this magnificently spun article. Seriously, the weighting achieved in that piece by the choice of language is a thing of rare beauty, it's like watching Reubens paint.

/fanboy

Yeah, Tony Barrett does read the forum mate, I had a go at one of his reports, one time and I got lambasted by the more neanderthal tossers on here for speaking my mind, but Tony sent me an e-mail, in which he said "blow me Fuck Face, go to hell I'm..." oh, wait, that was sent to someone else!! Seriously though he did send me an e-mail and explained why the report was written the way it was, and that's all I'm saying on a closed subject. So yeah he defo comes on here. And is a very reasonable fella.

I'll add my thanks for that article too.

I sent this to Michael Moore (of Bowling For Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11 fame) a couple of days ago. No reply yet, and I didnt expect any to tell you the truth. But in the light of the SteveH email, a few messages to his websiteWelcome to MichaelMoore.com with links to the Tom Hicks Jnr story

(Stunned Liverpool fans call for Tom Hicks Junior to resign after foul-mouthed rant | Mail Online

Liverpool director Tom Hicks Jnr sends fan abusive email - Telegraph

"Blow Me F**k Face" — Great Moments In Fan Relations - Liverpool FC - Deadspin

You Kiss Your Father With That Mouth, Tom Hicks Jr.? Ah, More Anarchy in the U.K. - Dallas News - Unfair Park

wouldnt do our cause any harm.

"Dear Michael, greetings from Liverpool, England.

Briefly, I am a supporter of Liverpool Football Club, which is the most successful British 'soccer' club of all time and one of the most famous in world 'soccer'.

I am contacting you to see if you can offer any help in a campaign myself and fellow Liverpool FC supporters are trying to organise, which is, to rid ourselves of the joint owners of our club, Tom Hicks (also owner of the Dallas Stars hockey team and Texas Rangers baseball team and well known Republican figure) and George Gillett ( former owner of the Montreal Canadiens hockey team).

Hicks and Gillett bought Liverpool FC in February 2007, promising to build a new stadium, invest in the team and not to load any debt on to the club. They have subsequently renaged on all three of these promises, firstly by buying the club using a leveraged buy out and thus saddling the club with hundreds of millions of dollars of debt, secondly by selling players and using money from these sales to finance the debt that they caused, and thirdly by 'postponing' plans for a new stadium despite promising that 'the first spade would go in the ground within 60 days' of buying the club.

To the horror of us Liverpool FC supporters, Tom Hicks, in particular, has got previous form when it comes to destroying 'soccer' clubs.

"In 1999, Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst bought Sport Club Corinthians Paulista, a successful Brazilian club team. The club initially succeeded under the new ownership group by winning the FIFA Club World Cup Championship. Before the purchase of the club, the ownership group assured the fans that a new stadium was in development. This never materialized and after legal/financial troubles and partner infighting, Hicks retired from the company and the ownership group eventually sold Corinthians. The ownership group drew the fury of Corinthian's fans due to financial decisions, the introduction of corporate sponsors on the players' uniforms and the changing of the club's colors. The club was eventually sold and left in a worse position after they were relegated to a lower level league. Comparisons have been made between Hicks's Brazilian failure and his current troubles at Liverpool Football Club." (Wikipedia).

Please Michael, take the time if you can, to look into the actions of these parasites and help us rid ourselves of them. Any help would be much appreciated.

(Links to the story so far, regarding the Hicks & Gillett takeover of Liverpool Football Club.

icLiverpool - Liverpool FC Investment Deal Latest"

Welcome to MichaelMoore.com