You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thomas O Hicks Junior

StevieH

Yes that would be excellent. Lets give the press as much ammo as possible to drag the club through the mud.:wallbutt:

Drag it through the mud? maybe your not up on current affairs but we are below getting dragged through the mud, the clubs name has been fucked sideways by these two so I hardly think a bit of bad press for them is going to do us any damage

Well done mate, been watching this thread all weekend hoping something would happen, cant belive it's got this big. Nice one :) I've e-mailed the articles to all my mates that support football. Not a massive thing but anything that shows what these clowns are really like, again nice work.

Yes that would be excellent. Lets give the press as much ammo as possible to drag the club through the mud.:wallbutt:

Because this is not happening already? We are way past this stage, the people who are dragging the club through the mud are the owners, not the fans.

I really think the future of the very club is in play at the moment, so anything to weaken the position of the owners is a good thing in my book. The club is a joke, a pathetic shadow of the great institution it was for decades. Nothing of this is down to the fans.

Why are people asking if it's the proper address? If it wasn't, surely it would say in any reply, as in 'Blow me fuck face, I'm sick of you getting the wrong address, I am NOT T Hicks'. I mean it stands to reason, if someone e-mailed you instead of someone else, you'd fucking tell them.

If that is a reply from Hicks Jnr (and I'd be very surprised if it is, and I'm not questioning you Steve, but whoever replied) then you need to get it to Tony Barrey, Dom King, Brian Reade and anyone else you can think of pronto. A Director of LFC telling a concerned fan to "Blow me fuck face" when he asks questions about the seemingly poor way the club is run? The press would lap it up.

i doubt it

I assume you don't agree then? So you are suggesting we sit back and let these fuckers take us into oblivion? We're way, way past the point of worry about the club being in the papers, if we can drive more of a wedge and force one or both of these fuckers out it has to be for the benefit of the club.

So you've waited until nearly every paper in the England has done a piece on it, and then decided to say you "doubt it"?

must be a slow weekend for sports then

they didn't 'lap it up' though did they - they just ran the story

only SOS are calling for Tom Hicks Jr to resign

while i agree that any sort of negative publicity for the owners is a good thing - in the the grand scheme of things there won't be any real consequences what so ever

Edited by shaunstrudwick

Drag it through the mud? maybe your not up on current affairs but we are below getting dragged through the mud, the clubs name has been fucked sideways by these two so I hardly think a bit of bad press for them is going to do us any damage

Well if you can tell me what stirring the shit between G&H (again) will do and get them publicly at war will do to benefit the club I might agree.

Because this is not happening already? We are way past this stage, the people who are dragging the club through the mud are the owners, not the fans.

I really think the future of the very club is in play at the moment, so anything to weaken the position of the owners is a good thing in my book. The club is a joke, a pathetic shadow of the great institution it was for decades. Nothing of this is down to the fans.

I hate these 2 pricks as much as anyone but I cannot see any benefit in getting Gillett and Hicks to go back to war in the public domain. The press would love it though.

Surely they are going to have to put out some kind of statement? They can't just ignore it.

Sadly, they probably don't give a flying fuck what we think because we'll keep paying in despite their abusive treatment. Customer service is merely the pretense a business conducts to create an enviroment which ensures that its customers continue to return; with a football club, there's little need for that because they know we will keep paying.

Parry was another one who was fond of displaying his contempt to the supporters, except in a manner which wasn't abusive.

aren't most stories ending with Tom Hicks Jr already sending an apology?

that's that then

Not at all. That was a personal apology not one to repair the damage he has done to the reputation of the club. There needs to be an official reply on that.

Great work

Liverpool director Tom Hicks Jnr 'abused fan’ via email - Telegraph

Hicks Jr is alleged to have called the fan an “idiot” after receiving an email containing a web link to a newspaper article concerning the challenge facing the Liverpool manager, Rafael Benítez, to cope with the club’s £240million debt while keeping the team competitive.

Just before 4am on Friday in Texas (10am in the UK), where Hicks and his father, Tom, are based, Hicks is alleged to have sent a second message, reading: “Go to hell. I’m sick of you.”

Ian Ayre and Philip Nash, the club’s commercial and financial directors, were both copied in on the email, sent via the web servers of Hicks Holdings, but sources at Liverpool insist neither received a message.

The club would not comment. Paul Rice, chairman of Spirit of Shankly, the Liverpool supporters’ union, said: “The comment is behaviour unbecoming a director of Liverpool Football Club and as such Tom Hicks Jnr’s position as a director is untenable.”

Liverpool were looking into the incident on Saturday night but the fans’ reaction highlights once again the tension between boardroom and stands at Anfield since Hicks senior and his business partner, George Gillett, bought the club almost three years ago. They remain heavily in debt.

Christian Purslow, the club’s managing director, is seeking investors to take a 25 per cent stake in Liverpool for £100million in a bid to provide capital to restart work on the new stadium.

That may come too late for Benítez, who can only spend what he can raise. The Spaniard’s £1.2million capture of Maxi Rodriguez, the Argentine winger, is likely to be just one of two budget acquisitions by the club as they scramble to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

Great Work Stevie boy if I could rep again I would.

But rather than spread some love - i'd like to say I love you more. :whistle:

Well done bud!

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Liverpool FC - News - Owner's son Tom Hicks Junior apologises to Liverpool FC fan for sending abusive email

TOM HICKS JR has apologised to a Liverpool supporter after he was accused of sending an abusive email.

The Dallas based Liverpool director and son of co-owner Tom Hicks Senior was contacted by Stephen Horner, a concerned fan, who emailed him an extract of a Liverpool Echo article published this weekend.

The extract contained a series of points raised in the Football Echo's Blood Red Column this weekend. The article analysed and explored the challenges facing Rafa Benitez.

But just before 4am in Texas yesterday (10am in England), Hicks Jr sent one reply calling Mr Horner “an idiot”.

He then sent another email – this time with Liverpool’s financial and commercial directors Philip Nash and Ian Ayre copied in – which told Horner: “Blow me f*** face. Go to Hell. I’m sick of you.”

Mr Horner says he was shocked by the outburst but late last night, he was again contacted by Hicks Jr, this time to say sorry for the incident.

The email read: “Stephen, I apologize for losing my temper and using bad language with you. It was a kneejerk reaction. Tommy”

Liverpool – who have sold Andriy Voronin and Andrea Dossena this weekend to Dinamo Moscow and Napoli respectively – were not making any comment today on the incident but the club insist neither Mr Nash or Mr Ayre received the original email.

This is not the first time that Hicks Jr has clashed with Liverpool supporters.

He was at the centre of a heated row in the Sandon Pub, near Anfield, in February 2008 after the Reds had beaten Middlesbrough 3-2

Regardless of whether Hicks Jr has apologised, though, Paul Rice – Chairman of Spirit of Shankly – believes the Texan has made his position on the board untenable.

He said: “It is totally indefensible for a director of the club to speak to a fan in that manner. The comment is unbecoming of a director of Liverpool FC.”

Horner himself said today: "The email that I sent on Saturday morning to Tom Hicks Senior, George Gillett and Tom Hicks Jnr was merely a link to the Liverpool Echo article, 'Rafa Benitez should not have to manage Liverpool FC's debt', where I copied and pasted the pertinent points made in the article.

"I was polite and offered no personal view on the article, but felt compelled to send the article to the owners as it succinctly covered all of the main concerns that we as supporters have with the current situation; namely the £240M debt which Hicks and Gillett have loaded onto the club, the lack of investment in the playing squad and the false promises over the New Stadium.

"We are totally hamstrung as a result of the leveraged buy out by Hicks and Gillett, and cannot move forward as a Football club on or off the field.

"We finished 2nd in the league last season, and should have kicked on this season. There should have been investment in the playing squad in the summer and yet we have invested less than we recouped through player sales.

"We will continue to regress whilst Hicks and Gillett are owners of this worldwide institution. I am sick and tired of the propaganda and spin that is coming out of Liverpool Football Club.

"It is time for honesty. We exist to win trophies, not to pay off debts that have been loaded onto the club by others.

"The damage has been done by Hicks initial two email messages that he sent me on Saturday morning, and the apology received later in the day is hollow and probably a PR exercise.

He added: "The Gillett and Hicks reign has been nothing short of disastrous and they have proved time and time again that they are not fit and proper custodians of this special Football Club which means so much to so many people around the world. I urge former Chairman David Moores to now step forward and speak out, and admit his fatal mistake in selling to Gillett and Hicks.

"Hicks Junior should resign with immediate effect and it is time that Gillett and Hicks sold up and handed the reigns over to people who understand "The Liverpool Way".

"They are not welcome at Anfield and should name their price and begin negotiations with more suitable investors who can take this great club forward."

Edited by StevieH