You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is money to spend. Not sure how much, but I've been assured there is enough for one more player.

2 (possibly 3) of Rafa's targets are unavailable at the price Rafa has set, and he's simply playing the waiting game.

There is a chance we will sign someone before September. He is focussing on a centre back, but don't rule out another attacking option.

You know what, I'm sure if you try, you could be even vaguer. I'm not sure how, but there must be some way.

Just said on tv that vdv's wife has breast cancer and he wants to leave madrid, where he goes next will be determined by the level of care available for his wife.

His wife was a TV presenter in Germany and part of the deal of him going to Real was that they got her a job on TV in Spain, which they did.

On a different note anybody think that the bookies stopping taking bets on Ribery/Silva joining us was the club Ayre/Purslow just planting a story to try con the fans, seems a bit stretched but it would'nt surprise me that they would do it, bit like Parry telling Bascome last year were not after Barry but we're gona sign Silva

This is fucking bad Sunderland are out doing us in the transfer market.

This is one of those situations like Villa with Heskey last season, where most people want them to outdo us. As for Cattermole, as I've never paid him much thought I remain neutral on him.

:

There is money to spend. Not sure how much, but I've been assured there is enough for one more player.

2 (possibly 3) of Rafa's targets are unavailable at the price Rafa has set, and he's simply playing the waiting game.

There is a chance we will sign someone before September. He is focussing on a centre back, but don't rule out another attacking option.

You know what, I'm sure if you try, you could be even vaguer. I'm not sure how, but there must be some way.

:yes::yes::yes:Funny as.........

His wife was a TV presenter in Germany and part of the deal of him going to Real was that they got her a job on TV in Spain, which they did.

On a different note anybody think that the bookies stopping taking bets on Ribery/Silva joining us was the club Ayre/Purslow just planting a story to try con the fans, seems a bit stretched but it would'nt surprise me that they would do it, bit like Parry telling Bascome last year were not after Barry but we're gona sign Silva

What would be the point? Raise our expectations and then deliver nothing is not going to go well for them is it?

Thats good to know, but i suspected it

Just said on tv that vdv's wife has breast cancer and he wants to leave madrid, where he goes next will be determined by the level of care available for his wife.

I heard that as well. Remember her from crowd shots at Euro 2008. Going back to Germany could be his best bet. Voronin sounded a ringing endorsement for the German healthcare system a while back.

We've not really notably improved at left back since Riise backed up by Warnock. Aurelio has had some high points and looks a good player, when fit...

I'm hoping Insua will be the long term answer, but it is fair to say we could have saved a lot of money by retaining Warnock the past few years and we wouldn't have noticed any discernible dip in quality over what we've had.

I think Warnock has improved a bit since leaving us.

I was happy when we sold him though. He was our weak link when he played. His position was bad and he was crap trying to play offside.

I like him though, always tried his hardest and would put his body on the line.

Er, Warnock left 18 months before Dossena arrived. He left more because of Riise and Aurelio, both of whom were superior players to him at the time.

I'd have kept him, personally, but the decision to sell him was entirely understandable, because he didn't particularly look like developing into a Liverpool-standard player. He's come on a lot at Blackburn, possibly with more responsibility/less pressure. Now, I'd swap them him for Dossena in a second, but there's no way he's worth £12m, even in a world where Glen Johnson's worth £18m.

Also, £40k a week isn't much for a footballer. Especially not an Italian international. When I first read that, my reaction was that it seemed a bit lower than I'd have expected.

Maybe, because he was doing the "okey cokey", by the way he never left he was sold, A little more faith in the lad a good run of games and his blackburn form would have been with us, Nothing to do with pressure, more people putting more faith in him.

Its happening all over the club.

He is not worth 12m and I doubt anybody is bidding that, but he is better than we have/have had since he was sold,happened under Houllier, not stopped since.

To me, Aurelio's a vastly superior player, but it's all subjective, and maybe we just look for different things in a full-back. Warnock's probably better than Insua at the moment, but in three years he won't be able to touch him, and bear in mind that I rate Warnock.

It is frustrating that kids don't get the chance to stake a claim - whether they're local or not - because that's the only way they'll ever discover if they really are good enough. My guess is it's a mixture of Rafa knowing everyone leaps on his back if he so much as loses one game and therefore not wanting to take a risk, having a senior squad to keep happy, being obsessed with margins and players having to be a lot better to get a chance for us than they are for, say, Everton or Villa. Only the exceptional get a chance at every top four club, and maybe none of our players have been exceptional in recent years (this is a different debate).

To be fair, though, Warnock did have his chance, although maybe not a run of games. I agree that faith may have given him the confidence he needed, but it's impossible to say that even with that he would have been able to do for us what he's done for Blackburn. Maybe getting sold was the kick up the arse he needed...