You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damien Duff is going to a prem club for 4M according to the ticker on SSN. Wonder which club

Hmm, my immediate thought was that it might be us.

If we really have such little money, there's worse buys we could make for that kind of price.

Hmm, my immediate thought was that it might be us.

If we really have such little money, there's worse buys we could make for that kind of price.

We should save our money for those worse buys then. Oh no, hang on. We should just save the money. It would actually be more beneficial to use it for interest payments.

Its a sellers market, Id imagine that on the one hand clubs with money are keen to get a good deal and not be ripped off, whilst at the same time the selling clubs are looking at United, Chelsea or Madrid and thinking, i can add 20% to the value here.

The only break to the deadlock is if either party gets desperate, Munich may decide that holding onto Ribery will only see his value fall and may start to negotiate, on the other hand, United may decide they need Ribery hence go back with a better offer.

As for players who may move, i think one of the big ones, Ribery, Villa or Silva will go eventually this summer. For the lesser lights, your right Young is a cracking player, but so too are several of the Villa players, Milner and Agbonlahor are good little players, who could do a job at a bigger club. Indeed, Villa seem to have taken Spurs mantle (under Jol) of picking up the best of the young english talent.

I agree with all of that. However, some players are just so talented that I think they have to be bought if you can afford them. If I was Fergie with £80m burning a hole in my pocket, I'd break the bank for Aguero or Villa at around the £40m mark. I know it's ludicrous money, but the top talent will only get pricier and they're available. With players that good, I don't think you have to worry too much about where or how you play them either. Ribery is over-priced even in this market though.

His nationality. Remember when Alan first signed up, he was taking a pop at near enough every Spanish player we had?

Yes, but exposing this kind of blatant racism can never be a bad thing. I don't care how nice he is in person, he's a vile human being.

Benitez confirms: We’re looking at getting Gerrard and Torres some help

Rafael Benitez has confirmed that Liverpool are in the market for an attack-minded player and declared that new signing Alberto Aquilani has a better ‘killer’ pass than his predecessor Xabi Alonso.

Speaking to the press, the Spanish coach revealed:

"For the final pass, Aquilani has more accuracy than Xabi.

"We tried very hard to keep Xabi, but he made it clear he wanted to go and we have to defend Liverpool. We are professionals. He had a fantastic year, but he wanted to go.

Facing up to the obvious challenge from high-spending Manchester City, Benitez also conceded that high quality player additions were a necessity.

"Man City are spending money; we had to bring in quality, and [Glen] Johnson is a good player," he said of the Reds’ new right-back.

"We will now look for someone to help [Fernando] Torres and [steven] Gerrard.

"The idea of winning the Premier League every year is hard. City are doing really well because they are signing players with Premier League quality, so they will be a threat to us and Manchester United."

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football...some_help.aspx

If Rafa is looking to get Nando and Stevie some help then that is encouraging news since we're led to believe we may only be able to afford a 4th choice CB. If we can get someone to help our best two players then presumably they will be a very good player, as they won't be very much help from the bench!

Step forward David Silva.

Guest RedDay
RRT, I honestly don't know were you get this Rick Parry and me thing, I have only met him once along with other committee members of SOS, and out of the group I'd say I gave him more shit than anybody, infact I think i'd be the last person he would want to speak too.

Regarding the manager I have wanted him out since 2005, look at my posts especially after the 3-0 loss at Everton and you will see I was probably the first person on this forum to go for him.

So Rick did not use me at all, how could he?

I'll do anything I can to rid the club of the owners and Moores, but I can't do it on my own. I have made a few suggestions to SOS, one with which there going with, another one about Moores is getting looked at by the direct action committee and I'm hopeful it will come off(and if they don't go with it, I have plenty of lads who will go with it, and its class).

Well done, that must be a badge you wear with some pride. Get over yourself. Can't wait til Barry makes his debut for us on Sunday, oh wait........