You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you blame Xabi for wanting to join Real Madrid?

ScouseJim

Do you blame Xabi for going o Real Madrid?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Do you blame Xabi for going o Real Madrid?

• YES: He should have stayed loyal to the Red's
    • NO: He deserved to be allowed to go.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alscarface

The Xabi adultation does baffle me sometimes.

Yeah he is a good player, not world class as some say , IMO.

Can be replaced no problem.

I think I might be the only person who doesn't give a shit about Xabi Alonso. It would have made things easier for us if he'd stayed but he chose to leave, therefore I really don't care about him anymore. Onwards and upwards.

The Xabi adultation does baffle me sometimes.

Yeah he is a good player, not world class as some say , IMO.

Can be replaced no problem.

Some people seem to like Xabi more than they like LFC. Strange. I agree with you i think he is replacable. We got £30m+ for a player no one would give us more than £15m for last year. Im not that bothered.

Some people seem to like Xabi more than they like LFC. Strange. I agree with you i think he is replacable. We got £30m+ for a player no one would give us more than £15m for last year. Im not that bothered.

I've noticed that too. The undertone is that they're quietly hoping we fail in some way so that this is revealed to be some kind of catastrophic error of judgement from Benitez (in spite of the fact that it's actually Alonso's decision).

Or could it simply be a case of people who really rate the lad being a bit upset that he's left.

I think as things stand, our team is seriously weaker than it was last season and that makes me a sad panda.

The club will always be bigger than any individual but that doesn't mean you can't be upset when an individual leaves. Or have I not read the latest handbook?

Guest alscarface

You know he had two seasons (either call them average), ( Or maybe call them below average), where he did fail in so many ways.

He wasn't world class then , as some believe he is now.

Dont get me wrong, Alonso's contribution was only second to Gerrards last year.

I just cant see him as a big loss,

He wants to go , we get the best price.

What is the problem.

Barca is cool too but very touristy and the beaches are shite and filthy near the port.

There is Port Olympic, which was great. La Rambla is one of my favourite places on Earth. None of which has anything to do with Xabi because he's going to Madrid.

I can understand Spanish players wanting to play for Madrid or Barca, so I don't begrudge Xabi for that, regardless of how I feel about Real Madrid. It's like Italian footballers wanting to play for Juve or the Milan clubs, Germans opting for Bayern, or Scots choosing the Old Firm. Big players tend to gravitate towards the big teams (not saying we're not a big team, because we are the biggest, but you know what I mean).

He was treated like shit, and Gareth Barry - yes, Gareth fucking Barry was almost signed to replace him twice. I blame the club for this, and wish Xabi all the best. Even when he knew he wasn't wanted during the past two seasons, he gave his all for us. He had 2 sensational seasons and 3 very good seasons here. Thank you Xabi.

I actually don't think alonso will do as well at madrid as he would do with us. To truely get the best out of alonso he needs good workers around him who help create space for his creativity. Madrid are lazy bastards full of attacking talent, but he will be doing a lot more defending than he would do with us, and yeah he'll look good in la liga where he'll get more space but i think his lack of pace in that madrid team will hinder him.

He was treated like shit, and Gareth Barry - yes, Gareth fucking Barry was almost signed to replace him twice. I blame the club for this, and wish Xabi all the best. Even when he knew he wasn't wanted during the past two seasons, he gave his all for us. He had 2 sensational seasons and 3 very good seasons here. Thank you Xabi.

He had two good seasons and 3 average ones. Your boyfriend admitted himself that he had 2 good seasons at the club.

No, I just blame real madrid being (for several years now) a fuckin' circus and absolute antithesis of everything I love in football, I despise their policy, people, fans, media presence during transfer windows and almost every single action they undertake as a club. Fuck them.

Totally agree, completely detest them - I mean, even Baconface hates them - who do they think they are? Where has all this money suddenly come from - did Perez find it growing on the trees one morning?

As for Xabi - he's obviously not a proud Basque, as he'd have nothing to do with that shower.

From where I'm standing, good luck to him. He's given our club a great service for six years and he owes us nothing. The man is from Spain, FFS, and he has more than earnt his spurs here.

Don't get me wrong, I''m sad to see him go, but I don't begrudge him, and I wish him all the best. Here's hoping Aquilani (or whoever) is good enough to replace him.

He doesn't deserve anything from us unless he's in our shirt, but, if he wants to go back home then we should facilitate that move for him if we can. I just wish it could have been next summer. Forget all the bullshit, our season starts in 11 days, that's all that matters to us.

Massive payrise, home country, food, sun, sex, wine, age, wife, boats, sangria, chorizo, paellla, donkeys off towers, rioja, una paloma blanca,

outdoor pool, 15% tax, apart from that fuck all.

Is right.

Add to that the once in a lifetime prospect of playing in the most expensively assembled team in history, and it really - for Xabi - was a nobrainer.

Only the chronic instability of Real Madrid and the prospect of being part of a league winning side at Liverpool spoke against the move.

But the pros must've far outweighted the cons for him.