You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roxanne Pallett

Total Longo

One thing I don’t understand though, why would a guy ‘playfight’ with a girl?

We have normalised violence against women in our society to such an extent that "pretending" to hit them doesn't even raise an eyebrow, and striking them "accidentally" in the course of "pretending" gets the perpetrator seen as the victim.

I can't see how it gets past the intentionally or recklessly causing apprehension or fear of immefiate violence test.

He didn't intend violence. He would undoubtedly argue that he wasn't reckless as he didn't forsee that his actions would cause injury.

And I doubt anyone watching that would believe Pallette apprehended or feared immediate violence from playfighting, especially as she hadn't been backward in doing things herself.

Yeah, that was generally my line of thought when reading the requirements.

There are times in my job I speak to women, and indeed men, who I disbelieve almost entirely when they’ve reported a domestic assault. Whilst it’s sometimes difficult to explain to victims in domestic violence (in particular) cases that they often don’t progress when it’s one persons word against another, there are also times when the burden of proof being so high saves a lot of decent people from ending up suffering due to misleading or entirely false allegations.

There’s no way anyone looks at that video and wnd can say he’s done a single thing wrong. Add the video to over twenty of her former acting colleagues reporting similar behaviour (including false allegations of assault) and you just be a moron to think she’s a victim of anything.

• Upvote 7

We have normalised violence against women in our society to such an extent that "pretending" to hit them doesn't even raise an eyebrow, and striking them "accidentally" in the course of "pretending" gets the perpetrator seen as the victim.

That's a ridiculous thing to say.

• Upvote 1

Can we all agree that violence from women against men is hilarious though? Said this before but some woman from a domestic violence charity told me there's a 'battered husbands' refuge in Blackpool, I think that's fucking hilarious me. Finally, some lads I could beat at pool. 

• Upvote 3

My first girlfriend of any substance was a beautiful woman, petite and quite simply stunning. We were together 3 years, engaged and lived in our own home from our late teens.

I have always been a big lad, only 5,9 but solid, very muscular when younger due to sport and work. My girlfriend when I met her was due in a few months to start Nursing. When she eventually did she went from Hospital to hospital, loved working with the kids in Alder Hey and the old people in Walton. Then after about a year came the Royal Hospital and dead bodies getting laid out regularly, shifts watching violence and mayhem.

She changed and suffered a lot, it genuinely affected her. She would lose the plot over anything and eventually packed the job in, I was always supportive and tried to help. I was regularly attacked with anything she could get her hands on, often locking myself in the toilet or bathroom, through all this I never raised a hand other than to protect myself or try to subdue her.

I still have one scar, a pool cue she twatted me with and the memory that she is still the love of my life. Maybe I attract them eh!

• Upvote 1

Can we all agree that violence from women against men is hilarious though? Said this before but some woman from a domestic violence charity told me there's a 'battered husbands' refuge in Blackpool, I think that's fucking hilarious me. Finally, some lads I could beat at pool.

I love your work for the vastly most part Secsh mate, but I'm hoping you'll be disappointed when you look back on this one.

My first girlfriend of any substance was a beautiful woman, petite and quite simply stunning. We were together 3 years, engaged and lived in our own home from our late teens.

I have always been a big lad, only 5,9 but solid, very muscular when younger due to sport and work. My girlfriend when I met her was due in a few months to start Nursing. When she eventually did she went from Hospital to hospital, loved working with the kids in Alder Hey and the old people in Walton. Then after about a year came the Royal Hospital and dead bodies getting laid out regularly, shifts watching violence and mayhem.

She changed and suffered a lot, it genuinely affected her. She would lose the plot over anything and eventually packed the job in, I was always supportive and tried to help. I was regularly attacked with anything she could get her hands on, often locking myself in the toilet or bathroom, through all this I never raised a hand other than to protect myself or try to subdue her.

I still have one scar, a pool cue she twatted me with and the memory that she is still the love of my life. Maybe I attract them eh!

Not a classically hilarious anecdote, I must admit.

You must be tiny!

Finally a post I can wank to. Pics of the muscles or GTFO

He might have been bored shitless in that house with nothing to do. I think what I’m saying is that he should’ve considered it a risk. Women are weaker and more frail than men in general. He probably underestimated the strength gap between men and women. It’s like you wouldn’t playfight with toddlers, would you?

aRdja mate. He barely laid a finger on her. She played up to it.

I completely agree that her reaction seemed over the top. My point was that he shouldn’t have put himself in that situation in the first place.

In terms of pain inflicted he might have thought it was a 1 from 10, yet for her it might have been a 4 from 10, and she reacted as if it was a 7 from 10.

Jesus Christ
  • Upvote 1