You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see Nemeth upfront but with a stronger team behind him for at least one full half. If either him or Pacheco score a couple of goals pre season we might start seeing them a bit once the season properly starts. Or so I hope anyway.

And surely we'll see Spearing either way.

Something a bit more positive to talk about

Anyone have any idea of the team and is it on TV

Liverpoolfc.tv

LFC TV

ORF 1

Al Jazeera Sport +2 [Qatar]

Super Sport 3 [south-Africa]

Super Sport 3 Africa

Polsat Sport [Polen]

Also, where is Mascherano?

At the present moment in time he's in an ice cream parlour in Montenegro, tucking into a very big mint and choc sundae. I think he'll be finished in about twenty minutes. I'm not sure where he's off to after that.

Personally Im convinced that with a proper preseason Dossena could be our next big star.

He had one of them last season.

This season he won't because he's been plodding about in the Confederation's Cup.

I'd take a pack of Milky Way Magic Stars for him though.

He had one of them last season.

This season he won't because he's been plodding about in the Confederation's Cup.

I'd take a pack of Milky Way Magic Stars for him though.

Ok but hear me out for a second here-

Hes fast and strong, probably one of our fastest players over 1km

Hes direct, he doesnt even like turning

Hes one of the top 5 finishers in the world, look how he lobbed VDS

Hes starting left back for the best team in the world and champions of all time

Hes Italian so hes passionate and strong and fast

All the ingredients of the next Ronaldo!!

Pre-season friendlies are one of the things I find a little unsatisfying about Rafa's management.

It's only a small niggle, but I always feel we should be using them to try out the formation and players we want to play most of the season with, and getting them used to each other and firing on all cylinders, smashing their opponents in these games and starting the season on fire.

I know we have to give the kids and fringe players a chance, but surely bring them on later in the games, and use at least the first half to actually maximise our first team's cohesion?

Instead we seem to get a mish-mash and our first competitive game, always so important, is the one where the team have to try to remember how to play together.

Pre-season friendlies are one of the things I find a little unsatisfying about Rafa's management.

It's only a small niggle, but I always feel we should be using them to try out the formation and players we want to play most of the season with, and getting them used to each other and firing on all cylinders, smashing their opponents in these games and starting the season on fire.

I know we have to give the kids and fringe players a chance, but surely bring them on later in the games, and use at least the first half to actually maximise our first team's cohesion?

Instead we seem to get a mish-mash and our first competitive game, always so important, is the one where the team have to try to remember how to play together.

Houllier was the same

I remember he played Kewell on the right most preseason because he didnt want to give his tacitcs away.