You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

v St Gallen it was just a boring, no thrills game.

Today we just looked shit, lethargic and we made stupid silly mistakes all over the place. You can't read that much into it, but if we aren't careful we could end up in a situation where we enter the new season with very little confidence and on a bad run of form.

Quite dissapointed actually.

I learned three years ago that pre-season friendlies are shit so now I never bother with them. You can't read anything into them, they're just glorified training sessions.

I think the only value in watching them is to see how the youngsters go. They're usually trying a lot harder than the established players so their performances are usually more meaningful.

Not too worried however the performance of Bable was especially worriying, he was truly awful.

The only thing I dont understand is why are we playing 442 preseason?

I had a few worries with individual players, not the score though. With players :

Voronin, El Zhar, Babel, Nemeth - how can Rafa assess how well they're playing when they haven't got a clue how to play together? El Zhar and Nemeth maybe, but that's about it. And Nemeth : I just hope that first half miss doesn't fuck his confidence up, he seemed to look gutted after it and I felt well bad for him.

Degen : he just seemed to play two really bad first halfs (fuck am I supposed to say halves?) in those games and I'm not sure what's going on there.

Pacheco : will Rafa let him through into the first team after this pre-season is over or what? He could surely add to at least some League Cup games, and could also be brought on like other younger players as CL games are wrapping up like Darby and Spearing last season, if we do well enough to be able to have those situations of course. If he ends up in the squad I'll be well happy, but if he doesn't and gets pissed off, will someone else move in for him? Some clubs out there must be checking on him aswell, and wondering what he could do with an experienced team around him.

And what I came into the thread for in the firstplace before deciding to rant on : was Arbeloa there? I don't remember seeing him at all.

Ayala impressed me first half.

Still stunned by Ibrahimovich going to barca for 45 million plus eto'o and hleb on loan for a year. is this a world record fuck up or what?

He is a flat track bully like Ladyboy, they have players to deliver in the big games and he will get plenty. He has not done it on the big stage and the fees quoted are crazy but he will score plenty and i expect Barca will win the league with him and he will make it 6 titles in a row.

I also think he would score plenty in the prem. English teams have been exceptionally strong in the cl and sweden are pretty shit and he might be a bit of a choker but then again so was Henry and he is arguably one of the best foreigners to play in the prem. Laddyboy and Shrek are yet to take a game by storm either, especially the one offs. There are not many big game players out there and luckily we have the best of them all.