You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How big a threat are Man Shitty?

silverlining

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, possibly;

Given

Richards

Terry/Kompany

Lescott/Lucio

Bridge

De Jong

Barry

Robinho

Tevez

Dave Benson-Phillips-Madonna

Santa Cruz

Abedayor

Ireland

Onouha

Elano

Zabaleta

Bellers

Johnson

Evans

S Taylor

Not a top four team still, is it?

Could cause chaos for Villa, Everton, Tottenham however and that's no bad thing.

I personally think that only when they fuck Mark Hughes off and a Mourinho or Hiddink comes in will it go top five, four.

I think there is a lot of "head burying in the sand" going on with City. They are going to be top four easily very soon, the challenge is to make sure it's not us that has to make way.

Yup, this is most definitely the case.

They've got two game winners in Robinho, and Tevez. Sure they aren't as good as Gerrard or Torres but they can turn a game on it's head.

We've got to make sure that we are playing superb football the next few years because we've got to fight off the new Chelsea.

I really hope Chelsea, Arsenal or United drop out of the top four when City finally push upwards, because Roman will just throw more money at Chelsea if they start to falter, Arsenal's debts will eventually see them back on the rise, and United are fucking cunts and deserve to be relegated for being such horrible twunts.

We simply will be fucked if we miss Champions League football for even one year. We'd have to cash in on Torres and Mascherano, probably.

Yup, this is most definitely the case.

They've got two game winners in Robinho, and Tevez. Sure they aren't as good as Gerrard or Torres but they can turn a game on it's head ...

What the fuck are City up to though, they've apparently made a bid for Adeyabadabadoo as well, that is going to be one seriously top heavy team(it might be balanced out by Mongos ginormous noggin on the other end of the pitch though). But yes, they're beginning to sign players that will allow them to threaten the top 4 next year, I still don't think they'll get into the top 4 this season, but what happens after that is anyones guess.

One of the few things Gillett (or it may have been Hicks) has got right in his, er, life is that he predicted that Abramovich would only sink about £600m all told into Chelsea before deciding enough was enough. That's roughly what he's spent so far and there's still precious little sign of him going on another spending spree. They've not spent serious money for three years now (not at the level they were before, anyway) and they have an ageing team that needs overhauling. They were only third last season, and without significant reinforcements they're unlikely to better that this time around.

City are a threat, especially with everyone else seemingly weaker than they were last season. Hughes is a good manager, but obviously he remains unproven at having a real crack at the top four. The challenge, as was said above, is making sure that when - and it is when, not if - they break into the top four, it's not us that goes, because we'd be well and truly fucked if it was. This season might be a bit soon for them, though, because they'll still be quite unbalanced and extremely top-heavy. Getting Terry, Tevez and Adebayor would send out a massive message to the rest of the league, though.

Cause they are a threat with that money.

We are still stronger than them but they have a good side now.

Agree with a few peoples points that if and when (more likely) they get a manager with a top reputation they will find it easier to attract the very best players and will be even more dangerous.

But with big names come big egos and it will be interesting to see how asy Hughes finds it to control one or two of them

Cause they are a threat with that money.

We are still stronger than them but they have a good side now.

Agree with a few peoples points that if and when (more likely) they get a manager with a top reputation they will find it easier to attract the very best players and will be even more dangerous.

But with big names come big egos and it will be interesting to see how asy Hughes finds it to control one or two of them

£££££££££££

Guest simon

They have a huge list and are getting some very good player's. They are going to be a huge threat to any team if they adapt fast enough. I for one am very worried about them.

Money buys the league, we have seen it over and over again

City are on another level to chelsea, they're paying double or treble what the top clubs are paying due to a direct subsidy from their oil Sheikh

I remain confident that if they break the top 4, they will find some way of excluding them based on financial fair play and the UEFA licensing system. or the existing top 4 will join Perez in a European super league and keep City out.

City are spending stupid money on- for the money that they have at their disposal- sub standard players.

Tevez is a fantastic worker and a great player, but three league goals last season? Not worth the money.

Adebayor? Do me a fucking favour.

Santa Cruz? Good, yes. But worth 18 million? Not a chance.

Barry and Taylor- not top four players.

And as for Terry, well, I think that Chelsea should bite City's hand off if they are offering over 30 million. He's the best player that City have been linked with, but they are going to pay silly money for a player with three, perhaps four more good seasons left in him.

I don't think I'll take them seriously until they make some signings that make you go "hang on, they mean business". I mean, from originally looking at Kaka to signing Gareth Barry?

Maybe they'll prove me wrong and fly into the top four this season. But I doubt it.

I remain confident that if they break the top 4, they will find some way of excluding them based on financial fair play and the UEFA licensing system. or the existing top 4 will join Perez in a European super league and keep City out.

Yeah!

Keep City out and strike a blow for "financial fair play" by forming a pan-European "Super League" with Perez and his team of world-record breaking Galacticos on stratospheric wages, with a half a billion Euro debt that they don't have to service via interest payments!

That'll show those arriviste oil Arabs that money can't buy you a place at football's top table!

head-pointer.jpg

I can't take any club seriously who are honestly considering renaming one of their stands "The Bell End".

They've never considered that. Fans of a certain other team suggested it, but it wouldn't work anyway as the stand isn't one of the ends, it's at the side.

City are still a mongy club though.