You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How big a threat are Man Shitty?

silverlining

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eto'o? Haven't they already got 17 strikers?

i lost count how many they got now but i can see trouble brewing there and bellamy getting his golfclub out again and using it!! its ok them signing all the strikers in the world but has anyone actually told hughes that he can only play 11 in the field at the same time? personaly i think its the arabs buying these players because in all fairness i think hughes has more sence than to buy a team of strikers but with the money they paying hughes he isnt going to argue

They're clearly a massive threat, i don't think anybody this side of Rampton could honestly argue otherwise, as somebody else said, this is really not what we need. That said thank God they bought City, it could so easily have been Everton. Can you even begin to imagine that?

They're clearly a massive threat, i don't think anybody this side of Rampton could honestly argue otherwise, as somebody else said, this is really not what we need. That said thank God they bought City, it could so easily have been Everton. Can you even begin to imagine that?

They enquired about us but were put off at a very early stage.

If They get one of Eto'o or Tevez, which I think they will, most likely Tevez then this would be there strongest team next year :-

Given

Zabaleta Kompany Richards Bridge

De Jong Barry

Tevez Ireland Robinho

Santa Cruz

subs, Bellamy, Jo, Caicedo,Elano, Petrov, Onuoha,Taylor

quite a strong squad really, although only Robinho would be considered good enough for our first team, and his attitude and consistency leave much to be desired.

I think they will be 6th this year, behind the usual suspects plus Spurs, but ahead of Villa and Everton.

They must sort out there back four, Richard Dunne to Sunderland is a step in the right direction.

Don't rate Shaun Wright-Phillips then no?

a threat to who though ;)

I don't see them as a threat at all over a whole season, but they'll be hard to play against, just like they were last season. As for Santa Cruz that has to be the craziest and most overprized transfer so far this summer if you judge him by his injury history and his lack of form over a whole season.

Guest Kenny
They enquired about us but were put off at a very early stage.

what put them off Coops? the price or they were told we were not for sale.

A lot depends on whether "useless" can bring it all together. If he cant, he'll be gone by the end of the coming season at the latest. A good manager could make those players into a very good side.

I dont see a threat this season but next season, well, it could be a case of hold your breath!

One thing is for sure, this is getting out of hand if it isnt already. Mega rich people are seriously affecting the balance in football. I dont normally agree to artifical restriction in football but it cant be right that mega rich people can use their personal wealth to grossly inflate a club's buying power.

I'm afraid anyone who thinks they won't be a threat to us next year is delusional. The signings made to date will be just the tip of the iceberg. The owners aren't going to mess about and build slowly. A number of more new players will be on their way this summer, including in areas where they look weaker just now, such as their defence.

Hughes is not as bad a manager as people are making out despite his disappoitning season last year. Yes, the players might take time to gel, but then again, they might not.

I'd be surprised if they don't finish top 4 next season, and challenge strongly for the title in the following.

I'd be surprised if they don't finish top 4 next season, and challenge strongly for the title in the following.

that's how I see it. leagues can be bought fairly easily.

I think the best thing is if UEFA carry out their 'Financial Fair play' threat and when the time comes tell Man City they can't be admitted to the Champions league as their wage bill is too high and they're subsidised. i'd make it 80% of revenue. it would probably mean Chelsea being denied too!

I heard Gareth Barry shooting his mouth off about how he thinks City will achieve Champions League football next season - is he deluded! They've got more chance of playing Championship football next season!

I wonder what the odds are for them to be the next Newcastle and get relegated.

If they land Maicon Tevez and Eto as well as Lescott then they would be a reall threat with only Prem to worry about, while the top 4 will all be playing CL football.

Maybe an extra 15-20 games to pick up an injury in.

The one think that you can hope for is that they succumb to infighting but i sill think they will finish in the top 4 if they sign those 4 players

Can't see them anywhere near the top four. Can't see where the desire to win is going to come from in that team. When a bunch of mercenaries get put together i just feel they wouldn't be that bothered if they lost as long as they picked up their wages.