You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How big a threat are Man Shitty?

silverlining

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tevez and Eto as well as Lescott and Barry arnt that type of player they along with Ireland and Kompany SWP and Bellamey will all make sure that there is no slacking

Robinho yer last season he let himself down but he was always going to be to good for that team i think with better players he will be a better player and they will keep him on the straight and narrow as they will be players of equal ability to him dont get me wrong they have still to sign these players but should they succeed in doing that then i think they will be a cert for Top 4 with a United without Ladyboy Chelsea with a new Manager and Arsenal still not able to sign the players needed its now or never to crack the top4 for them

I heard Gareth Barry shooting his mouth off about how he thinks City will achieve Champions League football next season - is he deluded! They've got more chance of playing Championship football next season!

I wonder what the odds are for them to be the next Newcastle and get relegated.

What the fuck are you on about?

Manchester City's pursuit of the Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o is likely to be unsuccessful, according to the player's agent. Eto'o is expected to turn down the chance to become one of the highest earners in football to remain at Camp Nou.

Samuel Eto'o will stay at Barcelona, says agent | Football | guardian.co.uk

-

Sanity returning to football or greedy ploy? it would be terribly embarassing for City to miss out again after Kaka.

Huge pay. I'll be tickled to death if Eto'o turns them down, because with Eto'o, they may be able to attract some bigger names.

its all very well the wages thing but the top players want to play in the top European competitions

Huge pay. I'll be tickled to death if Eto'o turns them down, because with Eto'o, they may be able to attract some bigger names.

Manchester City's 'monster' offer fails to lure Samuel Eto'o | Football | The Guardian

Manchester City have been given a painful reminder that their huge financial riches may still not be enough to lure all their ambitious targets after Samuel Eto'o's representatives informed the club today he had chosen not to accept their offer to become the best-paid player in the Premier League.

Eto'o wants to stay at Barcelona even though the European Cup winners have made it clear they were happy to accept what their president, Joan Laporta, described over the weekend as a "stratospheric" and "monster" £25.5m bid from City. It has become clear to Eto'o that Barcelona are looking to move him on but the Cameroon striker has misgivings about joining a club who are not even involved in the Europa League and he is willing to resist the offer of a post-tax salary of £180,000 a week.

Mongo is all set for a move. This is from a Yeovil forum who had a testimonial today - and Mongo's brother plays for them:

have just got back from a testimonial game at yeovil town where the main guest star was meant to be John terry, " 1/2 hours before kick off it was announced JT wouldn't be playing and all the talk around the ground was that he was talkn to man city.

then the announcement came over the tannoy to apologise for his abscnence but 'if you had the choice of driving to manchester to sort out a contract earning 300k a week or come down to Yeovil what would you do?'

Then at the end Terry Skiverton (yeovils manager who he game was in benefit for) came over the mic and said 'first of all i'd like to thank manchester city for having a bid accepted for my star guest a few hours before my testimonial'

don't know if this is common knowledge or not, incidently JTs brother Paul played in the game so i'm sure is pretty clued up on the whole affair